host a server but cant play

if I host a server,,,,I must play in another PC ????
have to login in anothercomputer to play oinline??

Comments

• MaclobsterMaclobster Posts: 213Beta Tester
    if you mean host a server and play it on same pc i have the same problem
    I can not open Host a server and then click on game, it will not open the game after open the Host a server.

what works for me is :
    - double click on game in steam
    - launch game editor , you will open a launcher, then log in
    - click on ''launch game'' ( when you are in game do alt + tab )
    - click in the launcher ''host a server'' do your setting for running server and then go back in your game , click on online then Lan and you will see your server
    (\/) (',,') (\/)
    Pipeline
    HonorTown
  • [CN]bigchee[CN]bigchee Posts: 26Player
    if you mean host a server and play it on same pc i have the same problem
    I can not open Host a server and then click on game, it will not open the game after open the Host a server.

what works for me is :
    - double click on game in steam
    - launch game editor , you will open a launcher, then log in
    - click on ''launch game'' ( when you are in game do alt + tab )
    - click in the launcher ''host a server'' do your setting for running server and then go back in your game , click on online then Lan and you will see your server

thanks,,,,I can see my server only in LAN not in Internet server list,,,that is a problem
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,499Beta Tester
    IT CAN BE DONE!

If your server is registered to play GLOBAL, it will still show up in your LAN tab due to a problem most routers have with something called 'hairpinning' (Going out to WAN and right back in to your server)

You CAN play on the same machine, but it means running multiple instances of the EXE which Steam won't allow. Instead, you need to start the server once with the Host A Server tool to create the command line you see at the bottom of that window. Then, if you create a batch file with that text, you can run the server from THAT, and then join the Server from your Steam account.

I do this all the time here for testing or getting around Auth downtime, etc.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    yeah,nice to see your reply. I can see the server in LAN option, I see most Internet servers look like
    XXXXX : 7778
    mint is 192.168.0.101:7778
    not like that....but playing is ok
    and I use a VPN,,,,the regist IP is my VPN IP,,,,as well as internet IP when online.

puzzled to fill the IP blanks...
    three lines there:

1.Bound IP 192.168.0.101:7778
    2.STEM bound IP 192.168.0.101
    3.SERVER AUTHorized IP :118.193.31.106

so you can check my server in LAN,,,you mean it is a bug ,,but it is in Inertent Browser LIst?