Advanved_editor-ucx_collision

When importing my own custom meshed into AAPG advanced editor, my static mesh imports flawlessly with the exception of materials and textures. however my UCX collision will not import in any form.

i followed proper naming with UCX_MESH_01 and so on. When i import models with my own UCX collision boxes it just adds it to the static mesh with a material.

Is there any fool proof way for me to get my custom collision in the AAPG editor on my static meshes on import?

Comments

• [FOX]Kamjam21xx[FOX]Kamjam21xx Posts: 116Player
    Update ive fixed the problem. collisions need to be named MCDCX

Example MCDCX_Mesh_Name
    and make it a child of you 3D Mesh

not sure how collisions need to be made to be supported, but im sure ill figure it out.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,165Beta Tester
    I have yet to do this, but I want to learn! I wanted to make meshes for my maps in Blender or something...
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    I myself dont find the work flow between cinema 4d, maya, and 3ds max is very automated. Most of the time things are automated and compatible, but i have to split objects up into pieces to avoid bugs with polygon selections and uv wrapping etc.

I can get my models in just fine, its just not fun at all. But i might make a tutorial on it later today.
    I'm betting it may be easier in UE4. This engine is kinda old. :(
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,302Player
    Have you noticed pipeline is in editor maybe we get that map on next update =)
    https://www.souldefenders.co.uk
    -SD-Souldefenders FunHouse-ACI-
    -SD-SoulDefenders Map Vote-ACI-
    BC1NPiE.jpg
    Sorry for the frame rate, i was recording with all my monitors at once which was a bad idea. But here is my first ever tutorial video. Promise to be better in the future.
  • DELTATHUND3RDELTATHUND3R Posts: 122Moderator
    Good vid man... Nice to see your not lazy adding collisions... Look forward to seeing what you create.
    Well id say its mostly done in cinema 4D, then its off to udk3 object by object.
    xepno3.jpg
    I watched much of the video and I felt like it was more about modeling and manipulation in the software you're using than actually importing collision. So, for a beginner like me, it was hard to really understand how to pull info out of your presentation. Not to say someone more advanced couldn't use it, but I found it tough. I guess I was hoping for insight into how UDK sees imported collision so I could apply it to ANY software. Not saying it's a bad vid. Just wanted to give my feedback on it.
    ______

Cinema 4D is my go to software. I know it in and out down to particle simulations, hotkeys, and shaders. My girlfriend knows Blender better than me, maybe i should convince her to make a video haha. I could make one for Maya and 3DS Max too though. Blender has such a different layout. but i think if you follow these 3 rules that make it work, youll be all set.

1- Basically Just make a seperate object or group of objects that gets combined into one object as the collision box.

2- Make the object a child of your object.

3- Name it MCDCX_ and then insert the parent mesh name.

Three easy steps that i hope applies to every software, then just export it out as an FBX in the 2013 format.

Right on! I need to try that! :D

I barely know enough to be dangerous in UE3 and even less in Blender so....

:p
    ______

Keebler!

That was your map i was playing on, just noticed the name. we were playing it together. i was talking about how i hate the precalculated lights the stock stuff in ue3 makes.

Heres a link to my map
    https://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/6801/urban-ultimatum-remake-progress?new=1
    Yeah. Nice to meet you! I sent you a friend request on Steam.

You're looking to host your map, as I recall. How many players is it set up for?
    ______

Its setup for a full game i think. Right now im adding ladders, vents, objectives, a few meshes, and making a few materials. then the Beta version should be good to go.
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 601Player
    dont forget , to set mission type in world info etc , and mission flow
    Yeah, its literally my first map and first time ever touching anything in ue3 so im learning it all as i go. But im no stranger to advanced softwares in all forms of media, got about 30 or so under my belt by now.

i might even add the lod today, but it will be playable in some form today nomatter what.