How would you feel about not having hold breath feature?

=IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
edited June 2015 in General Discussion
Sure would make the game a little more challenging no? .. honestly I'm thinking this game needs changes towards this direction because easy games are not entertaining.

Just look how many players from the comp community are leaving , FN main died because many feel the game is not interesting. And imo making it harder is more interesting.

I think removing hold breath is a good start, maybe going back to the breathing cycle like in the old days.. or just having to counter the sway... that would be a good start anyways.

Agree or else ! :D
Hold Breath
  1. Do you want to change this feature23 votes
    1. Keep it because I like an easy game
      43.48%
    2. Doba is right, this will make the game better
      56.52%

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw

Comments

• .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited June 2015
    i don't understand the point of allowing it for any weapon beyond the m24.
    -
    that option to hold breath for even an m4 seems cheese... particularly the way it works in this game currently. when you're listening to an enemy come around a corner and you can literally hold your breath and your sway magically stops, but worse... even when you are strafing ADS??!! that strafe ADS + no sway is very bad design. just magic!
    -
    personally i don't bother using it because the way it works is: it only works for that first bullet you fire. after that, holding the hold breath button for the rest of the bullets has no positive effect. but honestly, that first shot not having any sway while moving is so good i SHOULD be using it, but i'd rather not get used to it, because i hope the devs eventually nerf/address that.
    -
    as for using it for m24, idk now. i see stamina and sway changes in the latest opt-in to m24 which would finally give a reason for the hold breath button, much like aa2.

• ddra-ddra- Posts: 455Player
    Maybe not remove it, but make the effect not so dramatic (less sway instead of no sway).
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • CaterPCaterP Posts: 190Developer
    i don't understand the point of allowing it for any weapon beyond the m24.
    -
    that option to hold breath for even an m4 seems cheese... particularly the way it works in this game currently. when you're listening to an enemy come around a corner and you can literally hold your breath and your sway magically stops, but worse...

This is not quite how hold breath works in the opt-ins and will work going forward.

The new model of hold breath is, once activated, sway slows over time (1.2 seconds) until it hits a minimum sway percentage, but never completely stops. The amount of total sway is still dependent on weapon, posture, health, movement and stamina.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Interesting to know.. would love to pay more attention to those minimum sway percentages.. maybe they can be adjusted.

Having the opt in beta version for the rest of beta would benefit to more tests just like this.

• IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    edited June 2015
    I usually only use it for my first few shots in the round. After that, I only use it if I get a chance to camp long enough at one spot and remember I can use it again.

Makes no difference to me. So, I am a no-vote. The only feature I want back is the ACOG for the M4!
    googley avatar aapg

• .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 461Player
    edited June 2015
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    Interesting to know.. would love to pay more attention to those minimum sway percentages.. maybe they can be adjusted.

Having the opt in beta version for the rest of beta would benefit to more tests just like this.

Doba is never right. I'm waiting for Opt-in-beta-alpha-bravo #13 :)
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    hold breath should be a thing on the sniper only.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• -vortex-vortex Posts: 188Player

I would extend this to DMRs as well.
    TheTots wrote:
    I think this thread has run it's course......
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 624Beta Tester
    edited June 2015
    To be honest, I rarely use hold breath, I don't feel it would be that OP. I would definitely not take it away from the weapons. If it gets nerfed, I don't really care, but I think it should be a part of the game because it would frustrate some people if it was not. I mean, let me hold my breath if I want to snipe the guy with my M9, ok? ;) Just for the fun of it...
    *Angry replies in 3, 2, 1....*
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • SOPMODSOPMOD Posts: 230Player
    Hold breath can be pretty OP, especially with the ACOG and the M24. On a static target it's a 100% a kill from pretty much any range on official maps, unless you're being shot at. I'm surprised how many good players on here say they don't use it. For players of that skill using hold breath would be extremely OP.

Been saying for a long time that it should be removed, so yeah "Doba is right".
    edited June 2015
    as i said, the reason i never use it is because i have always held out on the notion that the devs would eventually get around to removing it...
    -
    kinda like how i still hope the devs will... stop holding our hands... and, for example, remove the auto-reload mechanic.... explain to me how/why we need or want that?

• =IK=.Scooby=IK=.Scooby Posts: 119Player
    I don't actually use hold breath, so it being removed wouldn't even be noticed by me.
  • SoldierBobSoldierBob Posts: 76Player
    What is hold breath?
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    :p..........It's where you tighten up your upper body and pause while smoothly breaking the shot to get the best possible accuracy....if you are shooting while breathing, you don't care if you survive the encounter....a good shooter will do everything he can to make the shot.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    edited June 2015
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    ..........It's where you tighten up your upper body and pause while smoothly breaking the shot to get the best possible accuracy....if you are shooting while breathing, you don't care if you survive the encounter....a good shooter will do everything he can to make the shot.
    the glaring issue though is how the button magically allows you to move while ADS and your sight barely moves (because there has thus far been no representation of sight sway for "movement" in the game. just an artificial sway that increases/decreases based on prone/crouch/stand/stamina, and the sway enters super-slow-motion when you hold breath...)
    -
    technically, its an issue with the game even without a hold breath button... no sway for movement just promotes strafe ADS, instead of promoting things like crouch or prone...
    -
    but the fact that the hold breath allows for scopes enough time to get that headshot when otherwise an m249 for example would need several bullets at long range to get a kill... its a problem.
    -
    and we're dealing with 10 scopes per server... how do the non-scope players compete with the scope players?

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    Hmm. I agree. You should only max out your stability when motionless
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player

I would extend this to DMRs as well.

I would consider the m14 a sniper... You want hold breath for m24 and m14 nothing else.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    I dont want hold breath for any sniper gun.. its a 1 shot kill gun with an 8x scope.. at least give it the challenge of controlling sway while aiming

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    As Cat said, we made changes on this mechanic. Give it a try with the changes and let us know what you think.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

edited June 2015
    the m24 in open beta definitely doesn't need a hold breath button, but since the opt in version of the m24 is far more difficult, we should hold out to see how it operates at release and i expect it will be at a point (more like aa2) that the hold breath isn't a simple free kill ...