Devs

xGhOsTfAcE-xGhOsTfAcE- Posts: 10Player
Is there going to be some kind of timeline for future content or is all of this up in the air? Maps or clans all we get is we are working on it or soon, some of us would be content with an in maybe a month or two or some kind of date. Just snowballing here don't think that this request is asking to much of you all. Last but not least, what's up with the party problem always getting split up, as well if you have a party bigger than 6 it never brings the entire party to the server...guess I'm done griping for now.

Comments

• DrawnDrawn Posts: 150Player
    1) Roadmap is coming some day, it was spoken of 2 weeks ago by a dev.
    2) I think the party issues are still their priority.
  • Archer_58Archer_58 Posts: 12Player
    The issue is the party system. I've never seen one yet than is better than user created and user CONTROLLED rooms.
  • znignflo72znignflo72 Posts: 47Player
    A timeline would be cool. I thought private lobbies would be here soonish, but it didn't sound like a top priority right now. Guessing it's going to be awhile for that kind of stuff.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 487Player
    If you're looking for direction and transparency, you're not going to get it. The PC side has been playing this game since 2013 and updates/news come very slow. There was talk of a loose road map being released soon so the community has an idea of what's coming down the pipe, but keep in mind the word "soon" around here could mean 8 months.

Welcome to AAPG. Keep your buddies playing, eventually it will get better.

• -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 669Player
    doogle! wrote: »

Better might have diferent meanings in AAPG world.

Elite Challenges completed:
    M24
    M249
    M4
    M16
    M14
    M9
    M870 - W00T!!!

1 to go xD
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 883Moderator
    doogle! wrote: »
    If you're looking for direction and transparency, you're not going to get it. The PC side has been playing this game since 2002 and updates/news come very slow. There was talk of a loose road map being released soon so the community has an idea of what's coming down the pipe, but keep in mind the word "soon" around here could mean 8 months.

I fixed the date for you, its been like this sins the start, "its done when its done"

ss_4_frankof.png
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 487Player
    It's never been this bad Frank. I started in '03 (at least that's what my AAO Tracker says). Fast forward to the 06/07 time frame. What version were we on then, 2.5? Maybe even 2.8.5? Look how much content was added during that time frame compared to what we've received in AAPG. It's been 4 years, I'd say this is much much slower.
  • Dirty_Dragon_22Dirty_Dragon_22 Posts: 60Player
    They are letting this game die before it even took off....I had so much hope for it.
  • Bear_82Bear_82 Posts: 326Moderator
    They are letting this game die before it even took off....I had so much hope for it.

not at all, you just need to understand (& accept) updates at the speed of government
    The right of the people to keep and arm bears shall not be infringed.
    Bear_82 wrote: »

not at all, you just need to understand (& accept) updates at the speed of government

I can understand that...But man, PC players say this is normal for updates coming slow, but they atleast have the options to play with their boys, or scrimmage others....We have one option and 1 option only...To join Random rooms and HOPE for competition...and forget playing with your friends because its too easy...Unless you get lucky and get a lobby with good players...I actually Dont complain about the splitting of the parties because I love to end up on the other team and competing againts my boys...If not, Solo is the only fun I can have.....
  • [GS]DarthViper[GS]DarthViper Posts: 6Player
    edited October 2017
    I could be wrong, but I think Sony charges the developer for each update, So AA could just be consolidating their updates into fewer updates , cause you know... to save the American taxpayers money!
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    We're still working on private lobbies, it's a big task.
    There is an update going out tomorrow for PS4 though, and one of the items is the new re-worked friendly fire system. We believe this will help greatly with griefing.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

I could be wrong, but I think Sony charges the developer for each update, So AA could just be consolidating their updates into fewer updates , cause you know... to save the American taxpayers money!

That would make sense !
    TheTots wrote: »
    There is an update going out tomorrow for PS4 though, and one of the items is the new re-worked friendly fire system. We believe this will help greatly with griefing.

I thank you for that and Tots you have been doing a great job with keeping in touch with the fan base.....Again, my apologies for the frustration I have...It's only because I thoroughly enjoy the [TOS Violation] out of this game lol....1 month before COD comes out, but I will be back.shorly if private lobbies come...I have a community with over 100 Elite players only....I know those guys will flood private lobbies for a chance at competition.
  • SHANE523SHANE523 Posts: 69Player

That would make sense !

Actually I think Sony and MS have stopped that practice.
  • Smackaholic_510Smackaholic_510 Posts: 7Player
    Can we please get clan tags and more maps if u had a switch sides option before the match start players can get on the right team
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    We're still working on our roadmap for the next year of development. It's nearing completion. Once it is ready you guys will be able to see the release plan and new content that is coming.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• Zach0430Zach0430 Posts: 3Player
    edited October 2017

Except when I accidentally shoot my teamate and die for nothing. Friendly fire is part of a game like this. Reflecting the damge back onto me is just ridiculous. Why not just negate all damge to me and my teamate and do away with anything to do with friendly fire. Also I play ps4. What's up with some rounds being 3/5 and some being 6/11? 3/5 is way less interesting of a match. Goes by too quick.
  • NyghtcrawleRNyghtcrawleR Posts: 7Player
    edited October 2017
    I agree with 5 rounds being crappy....not enough to have a good strategic game....especially VIP

And no choice....some games are 11 some 5....

Should have just been left at 11.

Also the ranks don't show right in the party or lobby anymore.

And a few of us were getting kicked out of games with 125 error after joining together as a party.
  • iSoldier_iSoldier_ Posts: 70Beta Tester
    Zach0430 wrote: »

Except when I accidentally shoot my teamate and die for nothing. Friendly fire is part of a game like this. Reflecting the damge back onto me is just ridiculous. Why not just negate all damge to me and my teamate and do away with anything to do with friendly fire. Also I play ps4. What's up with some rounds being 3/5 and some being 6/11? 3/5 is way less interesting of a match

For what I know, FF damages aren't reflected back to you. However, you will be removed from the round after shooting a friendly four times. Further violations will remove you from the server.

Unless you're new player or a griefer, you shouldn't have to worry about shooting your teammates. I shoot teammates accidentally in rare occasions, and I don't see being removed from that round a problem because it doesn't happen all the time.

Think of it this way: You are getting punished for shooting something that you are not suppose to.
    The only thing we didn't do was give you a call at home.