Urban ultimatum - remake progress

[FOX]Kamjam21xx[FOX]Kamjam21xx Posts: 122Player
edited October 2017 in Mission Editor
Hello guys.
A Little beyond my target, but everything takes longer than you plan. The first five pictures are the latest i have on the map. still got a ways to go.

Might have a playable alpha at the end of the day.
its coming along great (:
Capturecasdzxc.png

Latest renders
Getting pretty far! (:
ALMOST_DONE.jpg

lod_progress_1.jpg

lod_progress_2.jpg

Urban_Ultimatum_render02.jpg

Urban_Ultimatum_render05.jpg

Whats left to do
-finish tunnel
-populate map with objects such as crates
-minor modeling inside the map
-model the LOD
-create mcdcx boxes for every object
-create all the textures
-port the objects to the map editor
-finishing touches

There will be 2 sniper towers, tunnels, a ground level, walls dividing section with their own cover, vents you can only go through prone, and garbage bins and such that you can hide in.

Thinking of adding cardboard boxes that you can hide in, but not sure about that.
Anxious to hear opinions.

Old Renders
300zl80.jpg

546sxz.jpg

xkxbhl.jpg

2rc356t.png

Should be done within a week
Pictures have been updated every day and sometimes every few hours.

If anyone is free to help finish this with me, get at me!
what do you want?
  1. do you want to see this map completed for the game12 votes
    1. yes
      100.00%
    2. no
        0.00%
  2. Do you want to be able to shoot through cover?12 votes
    1. yes
      50.00%
    2. no
      50.00%
  3. Which game mode do you want?12 votes
    1. I want the map to be based around C4 game mode
      41.67%
    2. I want the map to be based around extraction or VIP game mode
      58.33%
  4. Do you play custom maps often?12 votes
    1. yes
      58.33%
    2. no
      41.67%

Comments

• (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 645Player
    aapg runs on unreal 3 , before you get to far in 4 ,
  • [FOX]Kamjam21xx[FOX]Kamjam21xx Posts: 122Player
    [beer_me]lobo when importing some objects after i go to save, it says that some objects have a collision radius of zero and it wont let it save that way. even when no objects have collisions.

Any idea how to fix that?
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 645Player
    not sure try giving it collision before saveing ,s it something you made or found ?
    i didnt put any collision on it i just made the mesh no collision. i was exporting static mesh as an fbx from cinema 4D then into AAPG editor. the content browser still says it has no collision.

I plan on adding collision completely seperately in 3ds max, i have a ucx tool for it.
    If anyone feels like they want to take the time to unwrap all the objects and uv wrap them back up, bake ambient occlusion, bake radiosity maps, etc. let me know. im not doing all that, that would just take way too much time for me. so im doing my best to make everything look good with tiled textures.

Its already time consuming as it is to just make the textures to begin with, let alone uv wrap, bake light, and photoshop the wrapped textures for scraped edges and stuff like that,

i will literally send you the whole project.
    Devs is there a chance this could end up on an official server at any point in time, once i am finished???
  • -VI-ImaHustler-VI-ImaHustler Posts: 81Player
    Kamjam21xx wrote: »
    Devs is there a chance this could end up on an official server at any point in time, once i am finished???

Usually they have a map creators contest and the winners get they're map added to the game
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,018Moderator
    Kamjam21xx wrote: »
    Im not a dev, but i think the chance is zero due to it being a copy of map from a different game.

ss_4_frankof.png
    Ah well yeah this is taking way longer than it should, im getting all the angles, heights, and distances right so it plays the same.

However once this is done, im going to make a high detail/poly upper middle class neighborhood with houses you can enter. Maybe that will fly.
    Anyone with a server to Beta test this in a few days?
  • SeVn.MaxSeVn.Max Posts: 232Player
    Hi, publish your project to the workshop, you'll see that it will be tested by some umm servers
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    High poly isn't going to perform as a game in this engine. Sure you can render out images and stuff, but hardware requirements for players will kill a high poly-based map. Go look at Dev maps to see what they've managed to do as a happy medium. The only reasonably high poly stuff we have is the 1P weapons and player models, for exactly this reason.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    all of the models are at about 60,000 polygons combined right now. so i dont think its too high. i tried to keep it relatively low.
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,121Beta Tester
    At the end of the day, it's all about optimizing your map. Polys are not a bad thing as long as you can render properly in your map. Done right, you can have million polygons.
    Comes down to visible/drawn polys at any one time, doesn't it, Wolvy?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,121Beta Tester
    Correct. The engine calculates what it sees. And you can have 10 SM of the same it will render them once. So once it calculate and it's in the memory bank it will not be a hit anymore once it's sees another one. That's if none of it's original material properties have been changed.
    THAT's why AllTerrain 'kinda' worked? Because it was tons of the same tree?

What part do light/shadowmaps play in performance vs just map size?
    ______

I know my computer can handle a few million polygons at once from doing 3D scans. but i have no idea what to aim for for other peoples computers now days. 8 years ago it was a clear line to me.
    You need to understand how it works IN GAME, not in a 3d program. The difference? - the requirement for movement and aiming in a multiplayer environment with data passing back and forth between clients.

You can't just make it pretty and expect it to work.

What video hardware are you running?
    ______