config for holding breath

[GL]_canj[GL]_canj Posts: 19Player
..is it possible to change the "hold breath" to another key, maybe to sprint???

Comments

• Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    nope,it's on space only available if you scope up,unless you change the jump/hold breath button to another key it will still stay with the same function.
  • SSKtidididiSSKtidididi Posts: 171Player
    Set jump to sprint key, so you will have hold breath under sprint key. EZPZ
  • Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    edited June 2015
  • [GL]_canj[GL]_canj Posts: 19Player
    ah, jesss
    a little missunderstanding:
    i need a diffent key/button for sprinting and jumping, makes no sence for me using both at the same time.
    i just want to use the sprint-function for holding breath, and not the jump-function ( hopefully it is clear i want to say9

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited June 2015
    The game requires that "Jump" and "Hold Breath" be on the same key. The game just checks if you're scoped up or not when you press it. It makes this a more complicated question to answer.

There are some tricks you could try with reassigning shift when you click the right mouse button -- something like this:
    <--- If using hold-to-sight --->
    Bindings=(Name="RightMouseButton",Command="GBA_Sight | SetBind LeftShift GBA_Jump | OnRelease SetBind LeftShift GBA_Run")
    <--- If using toggle-sight --->
    Bindings=(Name="ADS_State1",Command="GBA_Sight | SetBind LeftShift GBA_Run | SetBind LeftMouseButton ADS_State2")
    Bindings=(Name="ADS_State2",Command="GBA_Sight | SetBind LeftShift GBA_Jump | SetBind LeftMouseButton ADS_State1")
    Bindings=(Name="RightMouseButton",Command="ADS_State1")
    Bindings=(Name="P",Command="SetBind LeftMouseButton ADS_State1 | SetBind LeftShift GBA_Run")

So, for the first case, as long as you're holding down RMB, it rebinds shift to hold breath and swaps back to run when you release.

The second setup should toggle your right mouse button to flip between setting shift to jump+breath and setting shift to run.

A problem you might run into there: you could potentially end up in the wrong state where the bind works backwards and your shift key works the wrong way :/ So there's an extra command there where pressing P resets LeftShift and RightMouseButton to normal running around state.

Haven't tested, but it... hopefully? ... does what you want.
    well, the easiest way would be that devs include this funcion in the ingame-settings B)
    as a left handed player, it is allways a pain in the *** not being able to change controls.

the prob with the bindings ( my experience) it allways endend with a staggering movement.

• Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 307Beta Tester
    [GL]_canj wrote: »
    ah, jesss
    a little missunderstanding:
    i need a diffent key/button for sprinting and jumping, makes no sence for me using both at the same time.
    i just want to use the sprint-function for holding breath, and not the jump-function ( hopefully it is clear i want to say9

Sorry, you lost me. I'm a left handed mouser/right handed movement kind of guy and I've had no problem setting new key binds that work for me. I use the arrow keys for movement, the number pad keys, right control & right shift keys for everything else.
    Example:
    NumPad 0 = jump/hold breath.
    NumPad Dot = prone
    Right Control = crouch
    I set "double tap" to on. So, with two quick taps of the forward key (up arrow) I'm sprinting.

As I've mentioned in several other threads, my problem is finding a proper "left handed" mouse. What do you use?

it's not the thing i can't setup my controls as i wish (mostly).
    my setup uses both hands for movement (fwd/jump on my mouse, rest on keyboard).
    i just want to separate the holdbreathFN from the jumpFN ( i don't want to play a Cmaj79b13 all the time B) )
    and my mouse: a g700 harhar, it was the only ergonomic model i found, but only for right handers :#
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,780Player
    Two hands foe movement...what do you shoot with your nose?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    edited June 2015
    --> http://dic.academic.ru/pictures/dewiki/67/Cocktail_Caipirinha_raw.jpg

shooting with leftmouse
    aiming tab
    fwd rightmouse
    q,w for sidestepping
    space sprint
    crouch alt (ahk needed as zooming while crouchig...( alt-tab) desktop :p
    prone winleft
    back ctrl (used with heel of hand)
    jump middlemouse
    thumb buttons for spotting/takedown

and last but not least: inverted mouse

i know my setup is a "bit" weird, but changing should be done 25 years ago B)
    just wow.. how do you even get used to something like that.. why not from the get go get used to whats offered .. wasd like a normal person and mouse to shoot/aim ... Interesting though

• Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 307Beta Tester
    Normal is a “relative” term. When I first started using a computer three decades ago I had to share it with right handed coworkers. So for me using a standard setup mouse, (left button = primary, right button = alternate) in the left hand became normal.

However, if what a person is doing isn’t working they need to adjust to something that does. I’m presently changing my movement style from small wrist motions with high mouse sensitivity to much larger swings rotating at the elbow and the sensitivity set lower.
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    just wow.. how do you even get used to something like that.. why not from the get go get used to whats offered .. wasd like a normal person and mouse to shoot/aim ... Interesting though

the intention of that "weird" controls was the priority being able to use ALL movementkeys without restrictions, like wasd: most players ( i think) use 3 fingers for 4 keys ( bad imo), rest rest is some ergonomical position with my left hand ( suites well for lazy players: i can drink a beer while running AND shootíng)

that is why i want to change the holdbreath-command
    Haha ok good enough

• D.ShieldsD.Shields Posts: 6Player
    Absolutely necroing this thread but i recently started playing.. And since its 2018 now, has there possibly been a fix found for this issue?
    I would like to bind hold breath to a key seperate from all the other keys.
    Normally i use the key "V" as that is in a natural location for my thumb to press. I know spacebar is not far from it, but the location of "V" is so far burned into my muscle memory its going to be a pain trying to change it. Besides, its easier to reach.
  • ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 915Player
    You guys that are left handed
    gameregion.net/products/razer-deathadder-left-hand-gaming-mouse-3500dpi?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=3685023154216&gclid=CjwKCAjw-6bWBRBiEiwA_K1ZDXM4STmtBSueZtpf0QThZ-UYGPnzj6geaWqzjI6f35k6fo4-VuoBpRoC02oQAvD_BwE
  • H.E.A.T.H.E.A.T. Posts: 75Player
    this are old but dont know if this working at aapg was in beta then this working

Bindings=(Name="GBA_SensiBind",Command="SetSensitivity 5 | Onrelease SetSensitivity 20 | Jump | OnRelease StopHoldBreath")
  • D.ShieldsD.Shields Posts: 6Player
    H.E.A.T. wrote: »
    this are old but dont know if this working at aapg was in beta then this working

Bindings=(Name="GBA_SensiBind",Command="SetSensitivity 5 | Onrelease SetSensitivity 20 | Jump | OnRelease StopHoldBreath")

Where do i need to put that?
  • -=[GWYD]=-Noob-=[GWYD]=-Noob Posts: 51Player
    edited April 15
    D.Shields
    Make a text file then put it in your Steam\SteamApps\common\America's Army\AAPG\Binaries then in game hit the tilde key and type exec name.txt put the name of the test file. The it works.
    gwyd.jpg
    gwyd.com
    "IF THERE'S A GLITCH I WILL FIND IT. "