Server Joining

-Hades-Hades Posts: 28Player
edited September 2017 in Server Support
It would appear that after several fixes to the Americas Army game that a new plethora of issues have arisen.
After uninstalling the game because it had turned to (please insert profanity) I recently re-installed it to see how much the game had degraded since I last played. I was not surprised.
After trying to join a server from the server list I kept on going back into the home screen, you know where you pick your skins etc and change settings. At first I thought "It should be ok, it's a fresh install after all." Then I received an invite and was able to play for a while. I got killed in one particular round on hospital then I got the blue screen of death. That has never happend to me on this PC ever. So after restarting I suspected I would continue to have issues. Was I surprised? No no I wasn't. After trying to join the server through the browser again (the ingame browser) I continually kept going back to the home screen. Finally I thought, I'll enter the ip number of the server I'm trying to join and perhaps that way I can join it. Nek minit I get the army ops has encountered an error and the game promptly shuts down.
Hence my reason for writing this (insert profanity here) So after all the hard work you devs have done I'd personally like to thank you for ruining the game even moreso by giving us a faulty update whilst trying to fix the faulty game in the first place.

To all you muppets that say "it's a free game get over it" etc I realise this but there comes a point when if a product is produced and a certain level of quality is standard and that quality doesn't improve even after all the feedback and still nothing gets done that excuse wears itself out over time.

I don't expect a reply from any devs as this 'support' channel seems to not even be followed up with.
Has AAPG Improved
  1. Has AAPG improved with each update.8 votes
    1. Yes
      50.00%
    2. No
      50.00%

Comments

• -Hades-Hades Posts: 28Player
    Yes I will vote first on my own poll.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    edited September 2017
    -Hades wrote: »
    Yes I will vote first on my own poll.

Sorry to disappoint but I voted faster. Even voted on the question you had originally which I liked much better >:)

As for the progression with updates: If it's at a point where even Keebler acknowledges performance issues with updates, you know something is really wrong.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,377Player
    edited September 2017
    If you was trying to join a server with umm's on this is what was wrong and why it was
    going back into the home screen
    https://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/6784/Known-Issues

• DrawnDrawn Posts: 169Player
    edited September 2017
    Blue screens should not be ignored.
    Windows will create an error log after a blue screen. You can use a program such as blue screen error viewer to read a log file.
    Blue screen means there is something wrong in your pc and it can only further deter.
    There are plenty of fora which could help you out if you cant figure it out alone. (by showing your error log]

Back on topic
    I think the balance patches were very nice. I just find it a loss that most rating lowering negative reviews are related to not being to play/start game or punkbuster issues .and those reviews still persist.

I think some people will vote no because of the lean nerf alone.
  • -Hades-Hades Posts: 28Player
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »
    If you was trying to join a server with umm's on this is what was wrong and why it was
    going back into the home screen
    https://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/6784/Known-Issues

Thanks for the reply. However I don't think the server I joined had UMM maps in it's rotation anyway.
    I was however able to join many other servers and I seemed to be having problems with just the one. I don't know if the other servers had UMM in their rotation.
    Drawn wrote: »
    Blue screens should not be ignored.
    Windows will create an error log after a blue screen. You can use a program such as blue screen error viewer to read a log file.
    Blue screen means there is something wrong in your pc and it can only further deter.
    There are plenty of fora which could help you out if you cant figure it out alone. (by showing your error log]

Back on topic
    I think the balance patches were very nice. I just find it a loss that most rating lowering negative reviews are related to not being to play/start game or punkbuster issues .and those reviews still persist.

I think some people will vote no because of the lean nerf alone.

Thanks for that info, really appreciate it :)
  • }{Gorilla}{}{Gorilla}{ Posts: 629Administrator
    I have not seen less issues with this new update. If your getting a blue screen its your pc. Sorry to hear that you think the game has been ruined for yourself but for many others we are enjoying the game to the full potential. However it sounds like your download did not go well or there is something up on the PC end that is creating more difficulty then there should be. Maybe take a vid and post it so we can try to help you get up and going without the problems. Or don't and keep posting smut.