Game Update Notes (21 SEP 2017)

Comments

• -R@MPAGE--R@MPAGE- Posts: 151Player
    i9.doogle wrote: »
    Huge fail by only making these two exclusively FLO. But I honestly shouldn't even be surprised.

I'd rather have just FLO now, then have to wait till 2018 for both bdx and FLO
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,483Player
    edited September 2017
    Change this setting from 12 to 6 MaxTeamSizeFLO=6
    Then you can play all FLO 6 v 6.

[AAGame.AAGamePVPBase]
    bScaleWithNumPlayers=true
    MaxTeamSizeBDX=6
    MaxTeamSizeFLO=6

It works on my BDX server.
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 720Player
    -R@MPAGE- wrote: »
    i9.doogle wrote: »
    Huge fail by only making these two exclusively FLO. But I honestly shouldn't even be surprised.

I'd rather have just FLO now, then have to wait till 2018 for both bdx and FLO

They literally didn't have to do anything to the map at all, just throw it into the BDX pool. Yes, we can play on a FLO map as 6v6. 12 players on each team is a little much IMO for both of these maps.
  • Some players ask me about joinproblems on serveral servers after the Update.
    How is it with you?
  • Seeking Server on Serverlist, push join, short loadingseqenz on serverlist not Server, and then back to the homescreen.
  • ChickenChicken Posts: 13Beta Tester
    joining server issues is related to UMM and subscriptions.... see this post from Tots.

https://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/6784/known-issues#latest

• [!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian[!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian Posts: 810Player
    edited September 2017
    TheTots wrote: »
    I know it's been brought up before, but if you're on W10 there are some things to do.
    First and foremost disable the game mode right away!!!
    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-enable-disable-game-mode-windows-10-creators-update
    Second, turn off "full-screen optimizations"
    Unfortunately, there's no master off switch for this. It's on a program by program basis.
    Just go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\America's Army\AAPG\Binaries\Win32
    Right click on "AAGame.exe" and click the "Compatibility" tab.
    Check the box next to "Disable fullscreen optimizations".

That option causes hitching and performance issues in quite a few games and that usually fixes it.

I just made a fresh W10 install, with latest AMD drivers and fresh game install. Then did all the things you said but no effect at all.. In fact, the freeze's take even longer now.. Guess I'll have to live with it till next AA game because W10 doesn't like the game at all..

PS: Today after getting revived my fps got locked at 2 fps, had to withdraw to get normal frames again.
    It isn't purely AMD related, but it happens more on AMD due to how the drivers are made, especially if you are installing an update without completely removing the prior driver. I've been playing since beta and I've had it countless times on my AMD setup and only three times on my GTX 750 Ti setup.

Superfetch is a process related OS program that is designed to speed up application boot times by preloading them, so I don't think it would be causing particular issues like yours, but it is worth it to look else where for issues first. If deleting cache, folders, disabling superfetch etc doesn't fix it, is worth looking into the AMD drivers until either the game does an update or the drivers update.

Ye, did some reading.. seems superfetch can also cause issues when disabling it.. So it's a risk people kinda need to take if they want to disable it or not.
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 649Player
    when they release pipline and czar later on ,will still be love or hate ,
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 602Beta Tester
    Regarding the weapon changes: if there is interest I can make a more in-depth version of the changelog. Like what values have changed and by how much, and what does this mean in practice.

(If there is no interest, I won't make is, as it will take some time to to properly...)
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    edited September 2017
    When i use the admin teamspeak button a message says : dev voice mode activated. Does it mean i sound like Tots then?!
    AAPG is good!
  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    Regarding the weapon changes: if there is interest I can make a more in-depth version of the changelog. Like what values have changed and by how much, and what does this mean in practice.

(If there is no interest, I won't make is, as it will take some time to to properly...)

I'm interested, very interested. It seems completely different now and I'd like more knowledge of what changed. haha

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • DOMINATION.DOMINATION. Posts: 84Player
    "M16 damage increased slightly" - YAAAAAASSS
  • For some players according to your frame rate counter in game have lost 30fps and lots of lag issues!

• Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 602Beta Tester
    Here it is: Weapon stat changes analyzed - unofficial in-depth changelog
    https://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/6790/weapon-stat-changes-analyzed-unofficial-in-depth-changelog#latest

I hope some of you find this interesting. Be warned, it is a long post.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    edited September 2017
    I got to play a little Sandstorm. Was pretty fun, although I think the fog is a little too harsh compared to the original. I'm completely out of the loop on AA, so it would take some time for me to get back into the feel of things.

Anyway, my main issue is the lack of servers. Both Insurgent Camp and Sandstorm had like 1 server in the US playing them. That's it. No official servers, nothing. Honestly, AAPG feels a bit old to me after playing PUBG on UE4 so I can't see myself coming back to play a 4 year old game on an outdated engine all that much. However, if I did, it would certainly be to play the old AA2 maps. Sadly, finding a game on them is too hard at this point.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • -hyperlite--hyperlite- Posts: 104Player
    It would be nice to see IC and SS on official servers and remove both Inner and full Hospital from the rotation. I haven't had the opportunity to play SS yet but I don't think I'm missing much, still wondering why that map in particular made the cut.

IC was awesome. I can't stand how bright the light in the tower is. To me it seems overkill. All in all the map felt and played great but was a little awkward without the 203 on it. But by no means am I requesting a 203. That's the last thing I want to see, noob tubes going off everywhere and everyone racing at the beginning of the round to get it.

By far the best thing from this patch that I noticed is the match time counter. I no longer need to wait forever for the map to start. Next thing I'd like to see is shorter round times. Gets pretty boring watching people let time run out with 4 min rounds.

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    I'll try to spin up a new map server.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    IC is cool but sandstorm is a headache map, not like aa2. I run all maps at full volume but have to turn SS down to 25-30% to be able to hear myself talking in teanspeak. Bad that i like the SS layout way more than IC.
    AAPG is good!

• Thanks for the update !! especially the old maps! could add more .. !!
    Regarding SandStorm it is necessary to lower the sound to the wind, the old version passed the same problem that nothing was heard and was unlocked, attached video.

[url="

Regarding Insurgent Camp, lacking the M16A2 / M203 Grenade Launcher weapon, would not it be bad to add new weapons to the game, since we added old maps ??

M16a2_m203_400.jpg

[url="

It would be a good idea ..

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    edited September 2017
    The fog density and storm sound are a bit overkill in the new Sandstorm. JMO.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!