Game Update Notes (21 SEP 2017)

Comments

• -R@MPAGE--R@MPAGE- Posts: 151Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    It was your feedback, and others like it, that inspired the roadmap.

Highly highly appreciate it. Thanks devs for listening.
  • That is driver related. The reason updates "fix" or "cause" it is writing around the drivers. If you have an AMD card, like myself, it happens a lot more.

I'm using AMD too, didn't had the issue on W7 but do have it on W10. Still need to check into superfetch if that will change anything but to say it's pure AMD, nah.. There is more behind it, within DX for starters.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    I know it's been brought up before, but if you're on W10 there are some things to do.
    First and foremost disable the game mode right away!!!
    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-enable-disable-game-mode-windows-10-creators-update
    Second, turn off "full-screen optimizations"
    Unfortunately, there's no master off switch for this. It's on a program by program basis.
    Just go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\America's Army\AAPG\Binaries\Win32
    Right click on "AAGame.exe" and click the "Compatibility" tab.
    Check the box next to "Disable fullscreen optimizations".

That option causes hitching and performance issues in quite a few games and that usually fixes it.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• -[iG]-Leketiskis-[iG]-Leketiskis Posts: 127Player
    maybe for some far future plans :) Multiple glitch i reported, did not see them in the list :) but there is multiple things i see changed and are not on the list, however i like them all so far :) Great update guys. Just before new Competition season ;) guys will be happy. The link of glitches i noticed before:
    https://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/6204/multiglitch-report#latest
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    M16 is a mean beast now, me like. Sandstorm is way louder than the original imo. Nice patch!
    AAPG is good!
    edited September 2017
    This is Delton today:
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »

If your happy with waiting all these months for nothing new hooah to you.
    Btw who's favorite maps are these that have been added because from my time playing AA pipeline CSAR and Impact was the most played maps..

May I refer everyone to Delton a few months ago:

For all you annoying forum users and cry baby's.

As for the rest of us maybe we can move on now and with help from other clans try to get this game on the map and get the player numbers up..
    Yeah the first thing i noticed was menu changes and then M16 being much harder to shot single fire :D could not his [TOS Violation] at start :D but close range, its more powerfull :)
    edited September 2017
    Also i believe you guys changed talking time after final death :) Can't even say my last wish anymore :D

LOL, Edit:
    The new gun skin that is the most beutiful has a little downside:

Also my first Bug Report on this version :D
  • --JR----JR-- Posts: 25Player
    These new maps will be fun for a week until everyone goes back to inner hospital...
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    --JR-- wrote: »
    These new maps will be fun for a week until everyone goes back to inner hospital...

Argggghhhh.......... now you've jinxed it! :love:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

REALLY curious why these were the two AA2 remakes you guys decided to do...?

One would think that if you are going to spend the time doing remakes, you would spend your time remaking some of the favorites.

Any insight as to why these were the maps picked?

• PhilippovichPhilippovich Posts: 218Player
    IC was one of the very very popular AA2 maps...

I remember some clans that had over 1000 hours on avg on that map. ;)
  • Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 348Beta Tester
    Remember, some of the most popular AA2 maps were so due to with the weapons. IC had APG’s and M203’s. Not to mention the number of different nades. SF rifleman loadout had 2 frags, 1 smoke, 2 fogs and 1 incendiary as I recall.
    015c0ab623b454cffe80c9c007fbb62f21aeac80.jpg
  • -ew.raw--ew.raw- Posts: 175Player
    I understand IC is on this patch but ....Idk about Sandstrom even tho its a great map. Next time maybe do a vote which AA2 map should be in the next patch and make sure theres Weapons Cache on the list ;)
    1409304775_2240089.gif

AA2 2005 - 2015
    AA:PG 2015-
  • -Turrican--Turrican- Posts: 55Player
    and MOUT McKenna :D
  • Hc|Captain(HUN)Hc|Captain(HUN) Posts: 112Player
    I really like the new M1911. On close and mid range its like a sniper :D even without sight up.

Hc|Captain(HUN) -
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,483Player
    -R@MPAGE- wrote: »
    This is Delton today:

If your happy with waiting all these months for nothing new hooah to you.
    Btw who's favorite maps are these that have been added because from my time playing AA pipeline CSAR and Impact was the most played maps..

May I refer everyone to Delton a few months ago:

For all you annoying forum users and cry baby's.

As for the rest of us maybe we can move on now and with help from other clans try to get this game on the map and get the player numbers up..

I have had my rant and i am ok now =) I will always support and promote AAPG its a great game i was just disappointed we didn't get the admin changes we was promised.
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 720Player
    Huge fail by only making these two exclusively FLO. But I honestly shouldn't even be surprised.
  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    LDGaming wrote: »
    That is driver related. The reason updates "fix" or "cause" it is writing around the drivers. If you have an AMD card, like myself, it happens a lot more.

I'm using AMD too, didn't had the issue on W7 but do have it on W10. Still need to check into superfetch if that will change anything but to say it's pure AMD, nah.. There is more behind it, within DX for starters.

It isn't purely AMD related, but it happens more on AMD due to how the drivers are made, especially if you are installing an update without completely removing the prior driver. I've been playing since beta and I've had it countless times on my AMD setup and only three times on my GTX 750 Ti setup.

Superfetch is a process related OS program that is designed to speed up application boot times by preloading them, so I don't think it would be causing particular issues like yours, but it is worth it to look else where for issues first. If deleting cache, folders, disabling superfetch etc doesn't fix it, is worth looking into the AMD drivers until either the game does an update or the drivers update.

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
    Fair enough. I do remember IC being fairly popular. Can't say it was a personal favorite though, but I guess that is opinion.

@TheTots

Have you guys ever thought about publishing some sort of community vote about the next two or however many remakes you plan on doing? Then having some sort of message when you are loading into a game that says "make sure you vote on the forums" or something like that.

Would love to see what everyone is really looking to have. Personally I am not a fan of Sandstorm whatsoever, but if the community begged for it, then so be it.