Pb power ?

I was wondering if the old pb power still work on servers?

Is this still the case ? and how do I do the code the best way in the ini file?
I tried it a few times but it didn't made a change in the game for members with 10 or 100 pb points / power?.

Comments

• Foutre?!Foutre?! Posts: 713Player
    Check the manual for Admins here.
    http://punkbuster.com/manuals.php

However I personally recommend the use of PBUCON since most PB commands are disabled in the game console and that is going to give you a hard time, PBUCON is more reliable in this case.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,438Player
    edited September 2017
    Pb power does not work.
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • -sVs.rQm^-sVs.rQm^ Posts: 73Player
    How can i use pbucon to the fullest effect then ? and Why isn't pb power supported in this game? Is there an other way to give members some kind of power on the server like pb power used to do?
    I have not found a way but if you do please let me know.
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • -SD-DELTON wrote: »
    Pb power does not work.

PB Power does work. I have it in my server and it works. While you cannot assign pb power to players via the ingame console, you can do it via the web-tool. You can use pb_power in the console (you must have punkbuster messages setting ticked in game options to view the query's response) and pb_kick to kick people.
    Steve / 31Bravo
    Army Veteran
    NREMT-Paramedic
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »
    Pb power does not work.

PB Power does work. I have it in my server and it works. While you cannot assign pb power to players via the ingame console, you can do it via the web-tool. You can use pb_power in the console (you must have punkbuster messages setting ticked in game options to view the query's response) and pb_kick to kick people.

how does that work then ? could you explain it to me ? or guide me a bit ?
  • -[U|S|A]-Oathkeeper-[U|S|A]-Oathkeeper Posts: 53Player
    edited September 2017
    So. I host a server at lowpinggameservers, their default configuration includes a punkbuster webtool console that I can use to give pb power. While the pb_sv_ commands do not work ingame (regardless if you're logged in as an admin), they do work from this web tool. You can view the tool here:

http://208.100.62.28:9005

After logging in with your password (set in configuration files), it'll give you the ability to submit console commands to the punkbuster console.

ZHh2l2g.jpg

You must be logged into your server when giving pb_power, otherwise it will not work. Once ingame, type pb_power to find your slot. Once you know what playerslot you are, go to the console and type pb_sv_power [slot] [points] ... by default, it takes 10 points to kick a player. You can also use this console to ban players. I included a cropped screenshot showing me having 100 points in this server.

EiOjRWr.jpg

Steve / 31Bravo
    Army Veteran
    NREMT-Paramedic
    I did try with webtool a while back and didn't work good to see its working now..
    gKQ6BB2.png
    for some reason I cant gfet my pbweb tool to work.. Our server hoster is Roxservers.com any idea's?
    What port you using ?
    gKQ6BB2.png
    well the server port is 7788 , and even if i change it in the config file it doesn't show me the web tool...
    Use 9003
    gKQ6BB2.png
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »
    Use 9003

still doing nothing
  • Foutre?!Foutre?! Posts: 713Player
    edited September 2017
    -sVs.rQm^ wrote: »
    How can i use pbucon to the fullest effect then ?

Sorry forgot to link the PBUCON guide;
    http://punkbuster.com/pbucon.php
    still dont get the webtool to work
  • -ew.raw--ew.raw- Posts: 173Player
    I gave pb power to certain players. I gave 50 points and that will ban the player for 5 mins if needed.
    Simply they use pb_kick SLOT command IN GAME.

If i wanted to give myself power to ban player for 5 mins i would add this line to my pbsvuser.cfg file:

pb_sv_powerguid 37242110 50 raw

Was this the case? Didnt read all of the messages sorry let me know if this helped.

1409304775_2240089.gif

AA2 2005 - 2015
    AA:PG 2015-