Where did Main go?

doogle!doogle! Posts: 678Player
Other thread was closed before we found out what happened.

So...What happened?

Comments

• doogle!doogle! Posts: 678Player
    At this point, you might as well close open and relaunch with a single league
  • -vR.cialone!--vR.cialone!- Posts: 121Player
    I can't tell you what happened to the rest of main, but vR pulled out of main because of scheduling conflicts over the summer.
  • med!hustLe-med!hustLe- Posts: 26Player
    Closing it down & rolling with a single league is really the only option available.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Why would you close open? Teams are playing ..don't screw them over just because main teams couldn't commit to playing

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    edited June 2015
    i've heard some talk about a Euro team challanging the number 1 team after 2 played matches in FN.
    Con better prepare for that match because 75d4be42ea3a87d01d78394e46a202b8.jpg
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited June 2015
    lol there was no #1. they're was like 3 undefeated teams before the league died and the team I was playing for would of beat con anyway. That is exactly why penguin got banned when he did because xtr knows he would of lost this match. Atleast thats how it looks to me because he was banned week 1 one he was not banned week 2 and he was not banned week 3 as soon as it was Con vs 12oz he got banned. Those are the facts and strangely enough after this Main Died off when it had 6 or 7 teams total? went down to 3 teams right after this. hmmm coincidence? pfttttt
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• i9.unknowni9.unknown Posts: 38Player
    edited June 2015
    I don't know how many times it needs to be said, but xtr did not ban him. And we've known penguin was playing the entire season, and did not care that he was playing... Those are the facts. And I'm sick of this vendetta everyone has against us. Are we 100% perfect people? [TOS Violation] no. But did we kill the league and ban people like everyone seems to accuse us of? No... we did not [TOS Violation] do so. So stop this nonsense that you all have going after our heads as if we faulted everyone in the community. It's the same [TOS Violation] different day with you guys. We've told you many times what had happened and you refuse to believe it and repeat the same fabricated stories each time. I'm not one for drama, but this is [TOS Violation] ridiculous. Have a great day, I'm out.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    I guess we all look at things differently.. I think main folded cause IK came in and peeps got scared..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • iNv|revert-iNv|revert- Posts: 96Player
    I think some one has to get off their high horse.. and I don't mean Doba..
  • -vR.cialone!--vR.cialone!- Posts: 121Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    I guess we all look at things differently.. I think main folded cause IK came in and peeps got scared..

Where's that troll button when you need it
    edited June 2015
    I don't know how many times it needs to be said, but xtr did not ban him. And we've known penguin was playing the entire season, and did not care that he was playing... Those are the facts. And I'm sick of this vendetta everyone has against us. Are we 100% perfect people? [TOS Violation] no. But did we kill the league and ban people like everyone seems to accuse us of? No... we did not [TOS Violation] do so. So stop this nonsense that you all have going after our heads as if we faulted everyone in the community. It's the same [TOS Violation] different day with you guys. We've told you many times what had happened and you refuse to believe it and repeat the same fabricated stories each time. I'm not one for drama, but this is [TOS Violation] ridiculous. Have a great day, I'm out.

Penguin says this "x t r should have stood up for the league telling them that it will kill the league he currently play's in by banning such person for something other than illegal program's. It was x t r who was suppose to step up and say hey listen you gave me game director this is what's happening in MY league."

Also way to take my post to heart guys...I said this is what it looks like/seems like to me...We are entitled to our opinion does that mean I am right? NO. Does it mean I am wrong? NO. Did penguin getting banned really kill the league? I doubt it but it certainly looked/looks like it...Also same thing with why he was able to play for 3 weeks and then all the sudden hes vs con and hes banned before he can play them. They could all just be coincidences but you guys should really learn to deal with peoples opinions. You keep saying xtr didn't ban him wheres your proof? why was he banned week 4 and not week 3 or week 2 or week 1? or after the very first match he played and the other team suspected it and reported it? These are the facts. Get solid answers to them and explanations with proof. All I see is con guys jumping the gun and sticking up for xtr right away no matter what it's about and then you have the fact of haze complaining for rule changes before the season and they didn't get done...Then all the sudden doba makes a post 10 days later with the same rule changes and they get done. Whats up with that? I still have not been given any evidence to support haze being banned. You guys say he got 6 warnings he says he got 3. Show some proof of these 6 warnings and show me all these bad posts that led him to these warnings. It's all he said she said atm and its causing rift raft.

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited June 2015
    f9YG24N.png

That's his post I recently found on my Steam profile. That's the kind of person you want in your league? That you want to be *playing on a team* with?

Colts -- he has a long, consistent pattern of offensive behavior. He deserved to be removed. That's 100% clear to any reasonable person. If it didn't happen any sooner, it's evidence that XTR was desperate to keep his league's population as high as possible for as long as possible in spite of just how unbelievably toxic that guy was. You're being completely unreasonable in defending this guy.

Move on.
    As for the league situation --

Some teams have just moved on to other titles like CS. In the absence of a league with a strong history (like TWL had or ESL does), it's hard to draw in new teams.

Some players give comp a bad name during public play through the way they act and talk to others. Comments like "Who put all these bots here?" turn off other teams and players from wanting to participate. Reputation matters.

There are also the "external assistance" accusations and issues caused by all of that. That also hurts motivation and participation.

There's also some burnout happening, especially with the long time since any big update for open beta. All the teams know final release is coming soon-ish, so that can sap desire to play the "old" version.

If removing one toxic player were enough to kill a league, the league must have had fundamental underlying issues.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Death wishes usually result in bans without warnings in any serious competition, so who even cares if he got warnings, that screen of BC is enough for this case already.
    edited June 2015
    cK^KILL@ wrote: »
    Death wishes usually result in bans without warnings in any serious competition, so who even cares if he got warnings, that screen of BC is enough for this case already.
    Thats something he posted on BCPull's steam profile...That has nothing to do the Fraggednation forums or league at all. But ofcourse he puts it in his post and clearly says its a post from his steam profile and you mistake it for something he said on the forums. Clearly you and haze don't get along BCPull. Maybe if you spoke the truth to people and were honest this would not happen. If someone creates a second account and tells you its them and you say and i quote "lol i dont care dumb forum stuff" then you go on to report him on xtr's live stream. hmm very low if you ask me. But still it is wrong to put that on someone steam profile, but this has nothing to do with why he was banned from fragged nation or what posts he made on fragged nation to get him banned. Pretty sad I am asking for proof and your showing me a post he made directly to your steam profile. hmmm.

As far as I'm aware, he never said anything to me about whether Penguin was his second account.

The night I messaged XTR was because Clearshot asked me to -- XTR wasn't on his friends list. I told Clearshot that I knew nothing about whether it was a second account (because I didn't!), but that I'd ask on his behalf.

Do you really think I'd post "lol i dont care dumb forum stuff" without capitalizing I, including the word about, and including the apostrophe in the contraction? That looks more like a fabrication than an actual direct quote. In fact, during that Twitch stream, "Penguin" messaged me denying that the accounts were related.

I'm disappointed that you're taking what he has to say at face value here and accusing me of misrepresenting the past.

Yes, his profile post happened after the fact. However, it's still indicative of character and the history here. I also disagree that interactions happening off of the FN site are irrelevant.

People have literally been attacked in the streets over internet disagreements. You know that, right? It's not something people get to joke around about anymore.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    cK^KILL@ wrote: »
    Thats something he posted on BCPull's steam profile...That has nothing to do the Fraggednation forums or league at all. But ofcourse he puts it in his post and clearly says its a post from his steam profile and you mistake it for something he said on the forums. Clearly you and haze don't get along BCPull. Maybe if you spoke the truth to people and were honest this would not happen. If someone creates a second account and tells you its them and you say and i quote "lol i dont care dumb forum stuff" then you go on to report him on xtr's live stream. hmm very low if you ask me. But still it is wrong to put that on someone steam profile, but this has nothing to do with why he was banned from fragged nation or what posts he made on fragged nation to get him banned. Pretty sad I am asking for proof and your showing me a post he made directly to your steam profile. hmmm.

It doesn't matter where that happens, I assure you any other serious competiton will ban for that without any warnings as long as it's proven as his comment. Also I didn't misunderstand that it was just an example of his behaviour.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    edited June 2015
    I've evidently not been clear enough in the past, so I will be blunt now.

Hazealus (or whatever non banned alt he's on today) is not welcome as a member of this community.

Talking about Hazealus is not welcome on the forums. Anything tangentially related to Hazealus is not welcome on the forums.

The excessive toxic nature of this player is so bad that even bringing him up spoils a thread / discussion.

This is not done out of spite or malice, rather to try to build a healthy community in the future.

This is the US Army game. Part of what we try to impart are the US Army Values. Toxic behavior is not an Army value. This user has been given a long time to dial it back and countless warnings. It's time we all just move on from this as a community.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

This discussion has been closed.