Ranked based matchmaking

MaL___MaL___ Posts: 3Player
edited September 2017 in PS4
Would it be possible for the devs to add a match making for a specific tier of rank. For example SGT I-V or CPL, PFC I-V etc. I think this would be another way to play against players that have more experience than the people who just got started. Usually they get steam rolled and leave the match when playing againt better players. The rank doesn't always determine skill level but it does account for experience.

Comments

• znignflo72znignflo72 Posts: 47Player
    I would enjoy making higher ranks quit matches more often, rather than new players every round
  • Pain-N-PanicPain-N-Panic Posts: 79Player
    I see where you're coming from, but like you said rank doesn't necessarily reflect skill. If the devs were even considering going through the trouble of creating rank specific que types in a matchmaking mode, I think it would make more sense to simply inject a skill based ranked system into the game and create search/que parameters based on those ranks. These ranks would reflect "skill," by taking into consideration the amount of games won, kills/deaths and points earned per game. Plus it would make for a much more even and competitive playing field.

Although, I don't think that's going to happen.
  • znignflo72znignflo72 Posts: 47Player
    I see where you're coming from, but like you said rank doesn't necessarily reflect skill. If the devs were even considering going through the trouble of creating rank specific que types in a matchmaking mode, I think it would make more sense to simply inject a skill based ranked system into the game and create search/que parameters based on those ranks. These ranks would reflect "skill," by taking into consideration the amount of games won, kills/deaths and points earned per game. Plus it would make for a much more even and competitive playing field.

I don't think it'll happen either. I'm not to worried about it though. If we get private lobbies we will have the ability to play with and against good players in scrims/clan battles. Pubs are pubs
    znignflo72 wrote: »

I don't think it'll happen either. I'm not to worried about it though. If we get private lobbies we will have the ability to play with and against good players in scrims/clan battles. Pubs are pubs

Agreed!
  • MoPar496MoPar496 Posts: 13Player
    I agree with znignflo72 , lobbies would fix this for sure.
    Besides, what if you have a team mate that doesn't have no ware near the same rank? Implementing rank based rooms would probably not let that teem mate in to your match. Then were right back at square one.
  • ERADICATOR974ERADICATOR974 Posts: 2Player
    MaL___ wrote: »
    Would it be possible for the devs to add a match making for a specific tier of rank. For example SGT I-V or CPL, PFC I-V etc. I think this would be another way to play against players that have more experience than the people who just got started. Usually they get steam rolled and leave the match when playing againt better players. The rank doesn't always determine skill level but it does account for experience.

HELLL YEA WHAT HIM SAID
    MaL___ wrote: »

HELLL YEA WHAT HIM SAID

What him said.

What.him.said.

W H A T H I M S A I D
  • ERADICATOR974ERADICATOR974 Posts: 2Player
    When yo gun raising mine blazing you can't fade the AMAZING.... OG.MACC.
    ™ ORIGINAL O.K
    When yo gun raising mine blazing you can't fade the AMAZING.... OG.MACC.
    ™ ORIGINAL O.K

I legitimately hate you.