5 Personal suggestions to improve game

SuicideDrugSuicideDrug Posts: 32Player
edited September 2017 in PS4
When I first saw this game, I didn't think much of it. however I am very addicted now. This is a hidden gem, but there are some things that can improve. Heres some suggestions and if you agree, feel free to comment. you can also modify or add to the list.

1. Headshot indicator on the kill feed. Sometimes I get killed and idk what happened. At times it can be so fast and I just wonder, did I get headshotted? and sometimes idk if I got a headshot on a player as well. Perhaps on the kill feed, a small indicator can be shown to represent a headshot, thus giving some feedback on what happened.

2. For the first 15 seconds of every round, grenades should be duds. Some of these maps are very small and at the beginning players tend to throw grenades at the very beginning on intercept and that other map where you plant the bomb(forgot the name). It just sucks when players are quickly trying to get into position to have an advantage at the beginning of a round and an opposing player gets lucky and gets a grenade kill at the start.

3. In game statistics. It would be nice to see my stats in the main menu and maybe have a few leaderboards as well. Not only that, but it would be cool if we can filter it as well. Maybe i'd like to know how my friends compare to me on the leaderboards. Also, the scoreboard could be a little more descriptive when it comes to kills/deaths/OBJ/ & assist.

4. Amplify the amount of points you get for playing the objective. This is something that DICE did for Battlefield 4 back in the day, but it hardly made a difference. However, on a game like this one, it could benefit greatly. As we all know it can take a while to rank up. Even from Private to Private first class. A lot of the times when I play, these matches tend to be TDM(not all the time, but it happens). I can't tell you guys the amount of times i've died, and spectated players who have clear path to arm/ capture objectives but instead look for the remaining enemies to kill them instead. Sometimes they succeed and we get the Win. However, sometimes they fail and we get the Lose even though we could have easily won. If the developers increase the amount of points for participating in the OBJ (perhaps double the points), it would give a bigger incentive to play the objective. Also, while we speak about the objective, it would be nice if the person who has the bomb or flag has a better indication that says they have the bomb or flag. I've played with teammates who pick up the bomb accidentally and don't arm it because they didn't know they had it in the first place. Unfortunately not everyone reads the bottom left corner of the screen.

5. Rewards for leveling up. At the moment when you level up, you get nothing (to my knowledge). Perhaps the Devs in the future can add some sort of incentive to keep going. Maybe certain camos for guns or soldiers when you reach a certain level. Maybe even throw some trophies(achievements) in there.

Other than that, all I can say is that this game is awesome. I look forward to future updates. If there are any Devs on here, I just wanted to say excellent job thus far, Me and my friends see the work that is put into this game.

Comments

• Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 321Player
    When I first saw this game, I didn't think much of it. however I am very addicted now. This is a hidden gem, but there are some things that can improve. Heres some suggestions and if you agree, feel free to comment. you can also modify or add to the list.

1. Headshot indicator on the kill feed. Sometimes I get killed and idk what happened. At times it can be so fast and I just wonder, did I get headshotted? and sometimes idk if I got a headshot on a player as well. Perhaps on the kill feed, a small indicator can be shown to represent a headshot, thus giving some feedback on what happened.

2. For the first 15 seconds of every round, grenades should be duds. Some of these maps are very small and at the beginning players tend to throw grenades at the very beginning on intercept and that other map where you plant the bomb(forgot the name). It just sucks when players are quickly trying to get into position to have an advantage at the beginning of a round and an opposing player gets lucky and gets a grenade kill at the start.

3. In game statistics. It would be nice to see my stats in the main menu and maybe have a few leaderboards as well. Not only that, but it would be cool if we can filter it as well. Maybe i'd like to know how my friends compare to me on the leaderboards. Also, the scoreboard could be a little more descriptive when it comes to kills/deaths/OBJ/ & assist.

4. Amplify the amount of points you get for playing the objective. This is something that DICE did for Battlefield 4 back in the day, but it hardly made a difference. However, on a game like this one, it could benefit greatly. As we all know it can take a while to rank up. Even from Private to Private first class. A lot of the times when I play, these matches tend to be TDM(not all the time, but it happens). I can't tell you guys the amount of times i've died, and spectated players who have clear path to arm/ capture objectives but instead look for the remaining enemies to kill them instead. Sometimes they succeed and we get the Win. However, sometimes they fail and we get the Lose even though we could have easily won. If the developers increase the amount of points for participating in the OBJ (perhaps double the points), it would give a bigger incentive to play the objective. Also, while we speak about the objective, it would be nice if the person who has the bomb or flag has a better indication that says they have the bomb or flag. I've played with teammates who pick up the bomb accidentally and don't arm it because they didn't know they had it in the first place. Unfortunately not everyone reads the bottom left corner of the screen.

5. Rewards for leveling up. At the moment when you level up, you get nothing (to my knowledge). Perhaps the Devs in the future can add some sort of incentive to keep going. Maybe certain camos for guns or soldiers when you reach a certain level. Maybe even throw some trophies(achievements) in there.

Other than that, all I can say is that this game is awesome. I look forward to future updates. If there are any Devs on here, I just wanted to say excellent job thus far, Me and my friends see the work that is put into this game.

As far as #2 goes, the early grenades are a way to try to deny the opponent that early advantageous position you brought up. Yes, there may be some luck involved, but people don't need a free run to whatever position they want.

As far as trying to incentivize objectives goes, I don't think that a few extra points are going to change how people play.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,111Beta Tester
    Glad you're liking it. Have you talked your friends into trying it?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 477Player
    #5 You get rewarded with being able to call "hooah" at a certain rank.
    - Make America's Army great again! -
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 379Beta Tester
    Well, you unlock weapon skins by completing weapon challenges. True, it is independent from your rank, but it is something to keep pushing for and it takes a good couple of hundred hours to do.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 440Player
    I'd support 1 and 3 right now. 4 is okay too, but seeing as rank means diddly squat in the game, I dont care either way.

2 can be a discussion. Some maps in AA2 didn't have nades at all. Some of those nades aren't lucky, they are thrown (nearly) every game. I'll agree that some of the map designs are bad. I'm personally not a fan of insta wall-banging or set nade maps, but we're over 4 years into this game...cannot change those maps now w/o backlash. I think any future maps being worked on should consider the nade loudout.
    b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,111Beta Tester
    edited September 2017
    All games mean ZERO. It's a game. The payback is FUN. I don't wake up in the morning going, "I'm a great person because I won a game last night."

The biggest change I'd like to see beyond bugs and a few mechanics, is a mentoring/beginner system that works. I hate mopping the floor with the new guys. It just isn't fair.

My proposal is a place that gives no bragging rights to play - no score, no badges, no stats, no anything. Maybe a...."If you had been playing the non-beginner server, you would have recieved xyz" and a XPM limit in which anyone who starts "scoring" too much GRADUATES. If we could go to a server and goof off and talk to the new guys and help them without it affecting our stats, we'd be more inclined to do it.

And...it would BUILD instead of tear down the community.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,264Developer
    Early design we definitely looked at going that way keeb. (as i'm sure you already knew)

No score, just good ol' teamwork and the Army way.

In response to the OP, some good points, but some of those things are by design.

As Gun said, nades are a good area denial tool that is part of the map design.

In game stats would be great, but it's one of those "juice worth the squeeze" issues. It has to be worth more than programming time on other features.

Score changes are unlikely, but definitely possible.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• For God's sakes please add the head shot indicator to the kill feed!
  • Pain-N-PanicPain-N-Panic Posts: 77Player
    Headshot indicator would be nice. More so than an indicator, I would love to see a specific sound that plays when a bullet strikes the enemy's head? Similar to CSGO, halo and many other successful FPS'.

I read an article YEARS ago on n4g that highlighted specific elements required for a good FPS. One of the highlights I read about which has stuck with me ever since (because of how true it is) is headshots have to be SATISFYING. Headshots in this game are only so satisfying as the enemy drops quickly.

There's no indicator and no specific headshot noise that plays to give the player immediate feedback they just checked the enemy's chin. The immediate feedback aspect of the headshot is one of the most addicting feelings in gaming. I feel it can be improved in AAPG.
  • SuicideDrugSuicideDrug Posts: 32Player
    Headshot indicator would be nice. More so than an indicator, I would love to see a specific sound that plays when a bullet strikes the enemy's head? Similar to CSGO, halo and many other successful FPS'.

I read an article YEARS ago on n4g that highlighted specific elements required for a good FPS. One of the highlights I read about which has stuck with me ever since (because of how true it is) is headshots have to be SATISFYING. Headshots in this game are only so satisfying as the enemy drops quickly.

There's no indicator and no specific headshot noise that plays to give the player immediate feedback they just checked the enemy's chin. The immediate feedback aspect of the headshot is one of the most addicting feelings in gaming. I feel it can be improved in AAPG.

YES!!!! i completely agree with this statement. A sound would be better than just a mark on the killfeed but ill take anything at this point
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,264Developer
    We don't do "hit-sounds" so I'm afraid that's a no-go.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

TheTots wrote: »

are you guys by any chance working on an symbol for the kill feed at least?
  • Pain-N-PanicPain-N-Panic Posts: 77Player

I figured this would be the case as it would take away from the realism.

well the real question is to what extent are they taking the realism to? in real life if you get shot once, your done for the day, except in AAPG you can.

you see at the end of the day, it is just a game. I understand AAPG strives for realism and there is nothing wrong with that. however the Fun/Skill/realism factor need to be balanced out equally at the end of the day.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 321Player

well the real question is to what extent are they taking the realism to? in real life if you get shot once, your done for the day, except in AAPG you can.

you see at the end of the day, it is just a game. I understand AAPG strives for realism and there is nothing wrong with that. however the Fun/Skill/realism factor need to be balanced out equally at the end of the day.

There are other areas where that could be balanced better than a headshot sound effect. OP flashes for one.

There are other areas where that could be balanced better than a headshot sound effect. OP flashes for one.

true. i was thinking more about maybe a distinct "splattering" sound for when you kill an enemy with a headshot rather that a "ding" type sound anyways :)
  • 5. Rewards for leveling up. At the moment when you level up, you get nothing (to my knowledge). Perhaps the Devs in the future can add some sort of incentive to keep going. Maybe certain camos for guns or soldiers when you reach a certain level. Maybe even throw some trophies(achievements) in there.

I agree fully with this. The one thing missing right now is trophies. They exist in a certain form on the PC version, but not on PS4 yet. If you want to reach the widest possible PSN audience, you want to win over the trophy hunters. You can only do that by having cool trophies and a platinum trophy in the end. I'd like to see that for both the recruiting value and my own personal satisfaction. Maybe have trophies award "combat patches" (especially our most recognizable - 101st, 82nd, 3rd, 4th, 10th, and the big red one) and maybe rank trophies. Potentially campaign ribbons for certain periods of time gaming or even valorous awards for actions that save the team or complete the mission under fire.

Been playing AA since it's infancy back in 2002. I am really excited to see it on the PS4.

One suggestion that would get after the discussion about noob rooms and what not is to have certain positions only available at a certain rank. This way, the gamer earns the 240B, the 203, and the sniper rifle through playing. The only squad leaders would be Staff Sergeants or greater. I'd like to see experience reward players with weapon system access and greater opportunities for responsibility. Part of that responsibility would be shepherding the noobs in the squad.

I'd like to see 11 man squads, as well, to mirror actual unit structure in the army. Team leaders leading 5 person teams and a squad leader. That would make more sense to me than the arbitrary 8 number.

Finally, I'd love to see historic missions. I know that may be a bridge too far, and I've been in on threads about that, so I understand the reluctance, but history is a big part of who the Army is. It would be great to share that with America.
    desertsapper25.png