Battle royal/PUBG in americas army

So what I want is to make a PUBG like game in americas army proving grounds. It would be cool and it is possible.
So there would be a big map and everyone could start in a plane and jump down, but we dont have parachutes in this game. So instead we could just spawn in random places around the map.
Then people could search around and find weapons and then try to take out the other players until there is only one guy left.
This would be really cool. If the game developers wont make this, I will try to. Anyone is free to join me ;)
Thanks

Comments

• FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    Get 30 bucks and buy the other game,smh...
    AAPG is good!
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    No, I like the idea of people getting creative with game types! I'm still struggling with my huge map/respawn stuff. But if these things work, they're an alternative and can be fun for those who choose it!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited September 2017
    Within the editor we can sometimes find stumbling blocks that are detrimental to what ideas we may have, what it is we exactly want, or need to happen.
    Parachuting from a plane.. its been done but there are no animations to support the correct look to falling. Re-spawning is also tricky, I dont think I've even seen anyone pull it off yet, maybe client side but not multiplayer.

Were often confined to hardcoded decisions the game itself makes, things like changing UI, playercounts, various custom made content are often impossible to do, even if you try witty workarounds.. and even if by some miracle you can get something to work, without the game crashing, once you launch the game and get it on a server with other people.. any of your alterations or game design choices simply decide to completely fail.. which leaves you wondering what in the heck you've done wrong. Thing is you aint done anything wrong, it's more likely that the game itself simply wont allow the sort of changes you've made.

A PUBG gametype does sound very cool though :+1: Good luck!
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited September 2017
    Dupe post sorry :(
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    Sorry,i failed to see the creativity.... Would love to have little gocarts and then we could shoot bananas and turtle shells to the opfor. Would be cool to have some kind of hedgehog camo after you jumped in the cart at spawn. A blue one.
    AAPG is good!
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Flatlander wrote: »
    Sorry,i failed to see the creativity.... Would love to have little gocarts and then we could shoot bananas and turtle shells to the opfor. Would be cool to have some kind of hedgehog camo after you jumped in the cart at spawn. A blue one.

I am 100% behind AA Kart!
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• -[U|S|A]-Gorilla-[U|S|A]-Gorilla Posts: 761Administrator
    lol
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    It worked for ARMA
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,152Player
    edited September 2017
    As fun as PUBG is, it would be a waste of time to just make an "Army copy" of it.
    That said, game modes that I wouldn't have minded:
    Deathmatch
    Team Deathmatch
    Respawn with Reinforcements type mode (Originally what was planned for AAPG, of course this would require bigger maps among other things)

As an aside:
    My favorite old school respawn game was Firearms Mod for Half-Life. This was back around 2000. It had a lot of cool innovative features at the time. As an example, when you got into the game, you could pick an upgrade for your character. So for example, Marksmanship, Medic, Stealth, Nomenclature, Leadership, Artillery, etc. Each of them gave your character an upgrade like shooting more accurately, being able to heal, walking more quietly, etc.
    As you played a round, you would score points (completing objectives gave the most) and after you broke a certain threshold you could get promoted and choose another skill (you could further upgrade your prior skills or choose another skill tree to dip into). As an example, the higher your medic skill, the more you'd heal people. Also one of the higher level upgrades allowed for the medic to find knocked out players who weren't completely killed to save them by a medevac chopper and the team would be granted another reinforcement. It made for really fun gameplay. Personally, I'd love something like that in a future AA game if a respawn version of the game existed. An upgradable skill tree with RPG-like skill additions that reset every game is more interesting to me than the CoD style perk system.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • TheTots wrote: »
    It worked for ARMA

Careful, "worked for ArmA" is a dangerous statement. :lol:
  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    I'm all for more game modes and if they could do and they did it, I wouldn't mind it, but I wouldn't want them to "waste" time on AA:PG copying PUBG. It's just not the type of game, in my opinion, that goes with "last man standing".

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 649Player
    would make interesting secenarios with 3 teams ,