Are private lobbies being planned?

Pain-N-PanicPain-N-Panic Posts: 77Player
edited September 2017 in PS4
Hello all. Came in here to see if any devs can respond to this question. Gameplay has been super stable for me lately with hardly any issues at all. Quite a few of my buddies who came over to AAPG from rainbow six have since left AA and back to rainbow strictly due the competitive aspect of ranked play as well as the thriving gamebattles ladders for that title. Something AA has neither of.

I know the primary reason for releasing this game on PS4 wasn't for competitive play, however, a large faction of players would love to compete in a more aggressive atmosphere....some are already leaving the game.

Is the addition of privately hosted lobbies currently in the works?

Thanks!
Private lobbies
  1. Do you want the option to host private games?20 votes
    1. YES
      100.00%
    2. NO
        0.00%

Comments

  • Archer_58Archer_58 Posts: 12Player
    Would be my clans game if we had them.
  • Pain-N-PanicPain-N-Panic Posts: 77Player
    Archer_58 wrote: »
    Would be my clans game if we had them.

    Exactly my point. I really hope the feature is in development
  • Hello all. Came in here to see if any devs can respond to this question. Gameplay has been super stable for me lately with hardly any issues at all. Quite a few of my buddies who came over to AAPG from rainbow six have since left AA and back to rainbow strictly due the competitive aspect of ranked play as well as the thriving gamebattles ladders for that title. Something AA has neither of.

    I know the primary reason for releasing this game on PS4 wasn't for competitive play, however, a large faction of players would love to compete in a more aggressive atmosphere....some are already leaving the game.

    Is the addition of privately hosted lobbies currently in the works?

    Thanks!

    I've been playing the game since it came out and I agree.....I have stuck around hoping to see a sign of private lobbies soon. I need the competitve aspect. That's the main thing thats missing. Hope has kept me around lol....They can even leave it like COD where you pick your host and the opposite team has host the following map. That way they dont have to have separate servers.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 321Player
    Hello all. Came in here to see if any devs can respond to this question. Gameplay has been super stable for me lately with hardly any issues at all. Quite a few of my buddies who came over to AAPG from rainbow six have since left AA and back to rainbow strictly due the competitive aspect of ranked play as well as the thriving gamebattles ladders for that title. Something AA has neither of.

    I know the primary reason for releasing this game on PS4 wasn't for competitive play, however, a large faction of players would love to compete in a more aggressive atmosphere....some are already leaving the game.

    Is the addition of privately hosted lobbies currently in the works?

    Thanks!

    I've been playing the game since it came out and I agree.....I have stuck around hoping to see a sign of private lobbies soon. I need the competitve aspect. That's the main thing thats missing. Hope has kept me around lol....They can even leave it like COD where you pick your host and the opposite team has host the following map. That way they dont have to have separate servers.

    I'd imagine dedicated servers would be a must if you're envisioning sanctioned competitive play.
  • SHANE523SHANE523 Posts: 69Player
    IF I remember correctly, in Socom, private lobbies had options.
    IF you wanted stats or "official" servers the features had to meet certain requirements. IF you did not meet those requirements nothing counts.

    I would think you could do the same for "sanctioned play". I do not do GB because of the "politics" that happen(ed), especially when Socom was prevalent. I went with Urgent Fury and a few others back in the day and those you would setup the lobby per the requirements and it solved a lot of issues.
  • Hello all. Came in here to see if any devs can respond to this question. Gameplay has been super stable for me lately with hardly any issues at all. Quite a few of my buddies who came over to AAPG from rainbow six have since left AA and back to rainbow strictly due the competitive aspect of ranked play as well as the thriving gamebattles ladders for that title. Something AA has neither of.

    I know the primary reason for releasing this game on PS4 wasn't for competitive play, however, a large faction of players would love to compete in a more aggressive atmosphere....some are already leaving the game.

    Is the addition of privately hosted lobbies currently in the works?

    Thanks!

    I've been playing the game since it came out and I agree.....I have stuck around hoping to see a sign of private lobbies soon. I need the competitve aspect. That's the main thing thats missing. Hope has kept me around lol....They can even leave it like COD where you pick your host and the opposite team has host the following map. That way they dont have to have separate servers.

    I'd imagine dedicated servers would be a must if you're envisioning sanctioned competitive play.


    Not at all...Competitive in game would need that.. (Like Ranked games)....But if you use a source like Gamebattles.com, you create your own private lobby with the rules provided. That's how it has always been for COD. Correct me if I'm wrong.....Best out of 3 with each team getting to host 1 map and if third map needs to be played, then the team that won the most rounds host 3rd map. Any issues. then you submit proof with a ticket. That is all.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,264Developer
    This is definitely planned and in the works. More details to come as development progresses.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

  • TheTots wrote: »
    This is definitely planned and in the works. More details to come as development progresses.

    You are the man !!
  • Pain-N-PanicPain-N-Panic Posts: 77Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    This is definitely planned and in the works. More details to come as development progresses.

    Awesome! Thanks for the response.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 321Player
    I'd imagine dedicated servers would be a must if you're envisioning sanctioned competitive play.


    Not at all...Competitive in game would need that.. (Like Ranked games)....But if you use a source like Gamebattles.com, you create your own private lobby with the rules provided. That's how it has always been for COD. Correct me if I'm wrong.....Best out of 3 with each team getting to host 1 map and if third map needs to be played, then the team that won the most rounds host 3rd map. Any issues. then you submit proof with a ticket. That is all.

    I'm imagining a scenario where you'd have ladders/leagues for the game. In the interest of fairness, you'd want dedicated servers, no?
  • Archer_58Archer_58 Posts: 12Player
    WOW! I thought it was a pipe dream. B)
  • Pain-N-PanicPain-N-Panic Posts: 77Player
    I'd imagine dedicated servers would be a must if you're envisioning sanctioned competitive play.


    Not at all...Competitive in game would need that.. (Like Ranked games)....But if you use a source like Gamebattles.com, you create your own private lobby with the rules provided. That's how it has always been for COD. Correct me if I'm wrong.....Best out of 3 with each team getting to host 1 map and if third map needs to be played, then the team that won the most rounds host 3rd map. Any issues. then you submit proof with a ticket. That is all.

    I'm imagining a scenario where you'd have ladders/leagues for the game. In the interest of fairness, you'd want dedicated servers, no?

    Dedicated would be optimal. However, I would settle for p2p private lobbies if it came to it at this point. I'm just craving a competitive experience on this game so much I'll take it on any server lol
  • -Bruiser^-Bruiser^ Posts: 10Player
    Definitely dedicated. Which poses the question of, is there going to be an option for leased dedicated servers like Battlefield or AA on PC? (I only played AA1 through 2.5ish)
  • MoPar496MoPar496 Posts: 13Player
    I would like lobbies or dedicated severs just to play some like minded players to improve my skill and my clans strategies. Playing against a bunch of randoms that don't take the game objective seriously don't help us practice the conditions that we would really face in a competitive environment. It would be rather inconvenient to go to a third party site to "schedule " some Tuesday night play, so some kind of lobby or server list in game is necessary, really.
  • Pain-N-PanicPain-N-Panic Posts: 77Player
    MoPar496 wrote: »
    I would like lobbies or dedicated severs just to play some like minded players to improve my skill and my clans strategies. Playing against a bunch of randoms that don't take the game objective seriously don't help us practice the conditions that we would really face in a competitive environment. It would be rather inconvenient to go to a third party site to "schedule " some Tuesday night play, so some kind of lobby or server list in game is necessary, really.

    I disagree to an extent. I have been competing on the free gamebattles ladders for years now. I still believe GB matches are the most efficient way to play competitive clan matches.

    A lobby based matchmaking system would be great, but I don't believe we'll see a lobby system implemented into the game. I just think it would be too much of an overhaul to how the multiplayer servers are currently set up. The devs can correct me if I'm wrong , however. The option to host private matches would be more than enough to get a decent competitive experience from the game.
  • GafanhaGafanha Posts: 2Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    This is definitely planned and in the works. More details to come as development progresses.
    TheTots wrote: »
    This is definitely planned and in the works. More details to come as development progresses.

  • GafanhaGafanha Posts: 2Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    This is definitely planned and in the works. More details to come as development progresses.

    I love you.
  • znignflo72znignflo72 Posts: 47Player
    Private lobbies and clan tags would be amazing for this game.
Sign In or Register to comment.