Realistic Damage

SlaYa01SlaYa01 Posts: 3Player
edited September 2017 in PS4
I've been playing AA for 15 years now and I have to say I'm a little disappointed with the "Call of Duty like," unrealistic weapon damage and stopping power. The only weapon that provides semi-realistic damage is the M24. The assault rifles do not inflict remotely realistic damage or effects. I have always loved this game because of the realism and the tactical gameplay required to play it.
I know it seems like all FPSs these days pander to the short attention span gamer that needs to run and gun. So they program their games to allow players to take a few bullets, survive, keep runing, and engage the person shooting accurately. 5.56 needs to do more damage as it did when AA first came out and I was playing it on PC. I loved the yellow and bleeding/red and bleeding concept after taking only one or two shots to the chest. Please bring this back or at least give us a hardcore mode. I don't want to see this game lose its realism and I fear that has already begun.
Increased Weapon Damage
  1. Would you like to see more realistic weapon damage?18 votes
    1. Yes
      38.89%
    2. No
      61.11%

Comments

• EvilWithinEvilWithin Posts: 11Player
    I have no problem dropping people, and I actually like the weapon damage how it is. A headshot will drop anyone. I'm happy with how it is, so I'm sorry, but I vote "No".
  • SlaYa01SlaYa01 Posts: 3Player
    edited September 2017
    The weapon damage is just like all other FPSs. The point of AA is to be more realistic. Don't just look at weapon damage as the amount of rounds it takes to kill someone. It should involve stopping power and injury effects as well based on weapon and impact area. As I said before, the original AA took this into account. It provided more realism. I understand that most haven't experienced gameplay like this due to the new FPS generation, but this is not suppose to feel anything like Call of Duty.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 645Player
    edited September 2017
    Headshot is a one hit kill with any weapon. M4/M16/M249 is a four shot kill to upper torso and arms. Taking three hits from and M4 to your upper body will leave you at 13% and bleeding. Not sure what more you want.

Also, there was a hardcore mode on PC at one point. Nobody used it.
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,077Moderator
    M24 is a ridiculous weapon compared to the other weapons, one hit in the pinky finger will drop you.
    (arms are a part of "upper torso" damage vise)
    Sure, irl, a blown off pinky finger will leave you incapable of efficient combat.
    The damage is "ok" i guess, but its wrong to get a instant death on a hand hit.
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • SlaYa01SlaYa01 Posts: 3Player
    edited September 2017
    Headshot is a one hit kill with any weapon. M4/M16/M249 is a four shot kill to upper torso and arms. Taking three hits from and M4 to your upper body will leave you at 13% and bleeding. Not sure what more you want.

Also, there was a hardcore mode on PC at one point. Nobody used it.

Once again, I want this game to keep its realism. 3 shots to the chest and full mobility is not even slightly realistic. That's what Call of Duty does for impact damage which creates a run and gun culture and that's not what AA is about. This game was originally developed for the Army so soldiers and others could gain a bit of realistic perspective and the impact damage was far more realistic 15 years ago. That culture is becoming lost because the game is now set up to encourage running and gunning with virtually zero regard for tactics. Trust me when I say this is not how our ground soldiers operate. They don't sprint around making a bunch of noise looking for the enemy and wait to get shot, take a few hits, return fire, and survive. That's not a battle drill nor tactic in any capacity. Obviously some players are going to do this anyway but those players shouldn't be rewarded by a lack of stopping power from impacts. I guarantee that if people took a shot to the chest and all of the sudden couldn't move very fast and needed recovery time (realistic even if wearing plates), then people would stop sprinting around everywhere.

I can see that my words are probably lost with most since we are in a gaming generation that wants to just run around a shoot things. I would like to see this game retain the realism it rooted itself in a while back and I'm afraid it's losing a critical piece of that.
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,077Moderator
    Theres two main reasons for +3 rounds to the chest to drop someone, first, the soldiers have bulletproof vests, secondly, its a game and instakill is a bit boring without respawn
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • Pain-N-PanicPain-N-Panic Posts: 79Player
    I'm also a fan of keeping damage rates right where they are. I think they're perfect. I can understand the angle of realism you're coming from but at the end of the day this is still nothing more than a video game. A video game is played for fun. Dropping enemies in two shots everytime would be very aggravating for most players. I also know the devs purposely made the PS4 characters slightly more "spongey" to allow the console players an extra split second to combat an enemy shooting at at them in the back per one of their podcasts. I agree with that train of thought. I feel enemies in this game drop faster than any other fps out right now. Sorry mate, but I voted no.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 645Player
    I don't personally agree with the exponentially increased recoil that already comes with low HP. They certainly don't need to add any more low HP penalties, as having low HP is a penalty in itself.