Auto-Login

2»

Comments

• doogle!doogle! Posts: 733Player
    Doogle are you saying you are unable to join in a game when you go to your steam friends and then selectin Join Game??

Correct. What happens is exactly what Hey.I.Have said

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    Doogle are you saying you are unable to join in a game when you go to your steam friends and then selectin Join Game??

Since what year did that work? It used to but not anymore... :o

______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 645Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »

Since what year did that work? It used to but not anymore... :o

It still does for me (as long as the server isn't full). I get all the way into the server, but because auto-login almost never works, I get kicked for not being logged in to my AA account. I then login and type reconnect in console.
    If you've already been in AAPG and are currently logged in, the feature will work. Otherwise, a cold start from desktop fails every time. Assuming it's based on the failure of the auto-login "feature."
  • ~Gorilla~~Gorilla~ Posts: 793Administrator
    edited September 2017
    Hmm that is odd. This is another problem I do not have. I know a few others that has had to join a server a 2nd time with the same method like that. I wonder if it has anything to do with steam settings.
    Hmm that is odd. This is another problem I do not have. I know a few others that has had to join a server a 2nd time with the same method like that. I wonder if it has anything to do with steam settings.

I wish I knew. There have been times where it's worked joining from desktop. It could be if I've recently been playing and go to join a server soon after. I haven't monitored the circumstances.
  • ~Gorilla~~Gorilla~ Posts: 793Administrator
    Sounds like a new project to me. I will see if I can find anything that might trigger this from happening. If anyone knows anything say something please or try yourself to see if your able to join in a game threw steam.

It also may be possible that is the player that you are trying to join threw has his or her has Broadcasting Disabled and this may be part of it. Hmm.
    Sounds like a new project to me. I will see if I can find anything that might trigger this from happening. If anyone knows anything say something please or try yourself to see if your able to join in a game threw steam.

It also may be possible that is the player that you are trying to join threw has his or her has Broadcasting Disabled and this may be part of it. Hmm.

I don't think it has anything to do with Steam.

If I join off of Steam, I always get into the server I'm trying for. It just depends on whether or not my auto-login in game worked.
  • Auto login is not working for me. And same^
  • Login/join game have had both problems for a long time.
    I love AA! (AA=Always Acting up)
  • My Auto login seems to be working fine. I wonder because I personally thought this was fixed. How many people still have this problem? I mean that it should really be a big deal to type in a password lol. But I get that it should be functional.

Gorilla, I still have this issue. Happens about half the time or more.
  • Auto login is still down for me, I must type in my PW to log... since 4 weeks aprox...
  • Im having both issues mentioned here. Auto-Login never works for me, always makes me retype even if i clear the fields, close the game, re-open, and enter my info again.

The in game "join game" from a steam player has never worked for me a single day since I've been playing AAPG. I always have to ask or view what server it is, then use the server list to go to it.
    edited September 2017
    -