Do they Care about AAPG PC Servers Down under

[=PUG=]Pecka[=PUG=]Pecka Posts: 61Player
edited August 2017 in Server Support
So
I've been a big supporter of the AAPG since it come out and it seems that the more developed it has become the less reliant it has become.
Now that they have focused of the PS4 side of things I feel PC users have been forgotten.
I have run multiple servers over the years from home to Hired servers, which im currently doing and still it crashes, still they get attacked.
Come on dev's give us a game that works.
So, Australia and NZ are now down to one running server that is working in a OK condition.
That one server is full most of the time and has equal amount of people waiting to join as their are no other stable servers available to game on.

Sort the server side Guys... AAPG seem to be the only game that i have seen that has an issue.
I don't believe that its a ddos attacks although it looks like it.
What activates a crash is when genuine people connect that will set it off.
I can create my server to crash just by logging in the restarting the server while still being connected before the game times out.

Something is being over looked here!.
Be interesting seeing the response to this.
Thanks Pecka

Comments

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    If this was a server side issue it should be happening outside of Austrailia. I'll get with a programmer monday and see if he can get some information from you.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• -=HELL=-sneakyrat-=HELL=-sneakyrat Posts: 50Player
    Our server was Also down And I got a message back from lowpingameservers that iT was a ddos attack.

Our server is up again
  • [=PUG=]Pecka[=PUG=]Pecka Posts: 61Player
    i do see that most game server companies have dropped supporting AAPG due to the problems that come with it.
    It has just become so unreliable trying to host one now.
    this all started when they released the major update when hey come off beta.
  • ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 946Player
    We in the UK. Also with lowping servers . We had in the past ddos attacks that crashed sd servers .
    Those days are gone . We now have a ddos protected server provided by end of reality gaming servers .
    24/7 help and and smooth gaming .
    edited August 2017
    thanks for your response.
    the server providers that i have been and gone with also have dos protection but thats not stopping the problems.
    its not just me its been all servers having the same issue. and as mention , now we are down to 1 public aapg server were they have been able to minimize the issue but not completely. so we need aapg devs help, or the game will be gone as people have had enough after all this time.
    we want to have a worry free gaming experience.
    help Devs

things that create it to crash... people joining server... alot of the crashing is around 9.30 - 10.30 at night
    Guys have a look at this log file, Half way down you will see were it starts getting hit. read the last message given prior to the spam.
    Ta Pecka
  • L0rdDamianL0rdDamian Posts: 700Player
    edited August 2017
    Mmh.. Looks like they step up their game and using more connections at once. Interesting.

We now have a ddos protected server

That's cool, only it will not protect you from these attacks.
  • [EF]=JAY=[EF]=JAY= Posts: 109Player
    edited August 2017
    Hello,

This happens on my server too. imho its not a ddos attack .
    for example i can sometimes trace the ip back to a player who is playing on the server at the time, and his ip is conncting again and again, its seems related to steam connections.

I recently asked one of those players to close his game and come back and it stopped, so i am not sure its malicious.

its as if the game is trying again and again to connect to the server even if it is allready connected.

Maybe this can help someone.

Good Luck.

Steam Name:[EF]=Jay=
    [EF] =Elite Fighters=
    Server IP:82.255.178.154:7778
    b_560_95_1.png
  • L0rdDamianL0rdDamian Posts: 700Player
    [EF]=JAY= wrote: »
    its as if the game is trying again and again to connect to the server even if it is allready connected

Could be that connection handling is damaged, so far i can tell it disconnects people during map switches/restarts. Something they can puzzle on for the next two years :lol:
  • -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-ACI--[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-ACI- Posts: 367Beta Tester
    i do see that most game server companies have dropped supporting AAPG due to the problems that come with it.
    It has just become so unreliable trying to host one now.
    this all started when they released the major update when hey come off beta.

I have not seen that, all the major server providers here in the US still support AAPG there always have only been a very few reliable providers and as far as I can see with a quick check they all still carry AAPG.

I will say that lowping has dropped in costumer support, like -SD- clan we also switched to End of Reality server providers, great support there..
    One day I will graduate noob school!!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

• Early_GrayceEarly_Grayce Posts: 3Beta Tester
    edited September 2017
    It would be nice if there was a permanent solution.
    Great comments coming back , Sorry tots I was talking more so the southern hemisphere region re aapg hosts being dropped. i had a look at our paid server stats and it does seem that when players join or disconnected does course the server to go down.
    It also show the ram going up from about 700mbps to over 2.5g as it drops

Response to [EF]=JAY= your bang on the money with your feedback. i think its something to do with Steam connecting or related to punk-buster , but definitely player connecting - disconnecting
    Be good to hear back from TheTots as he was going to take this freedback to the dev's.

That Pec's
    TOTS any updates Buddy
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Passed your info over to a programmer last week, will check in with him tomorrow morning.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

Great Stuff buddy... really looking forward to their Reply
    it will be great to getting back into being able to host a server again without it going belly up
    Quote:+
    Interesting
    [EF]=JAY= Posts: 86Player
    4 months ago
    adeDX wrote: »
    Ok tanks for your answer. It crashs my server after 10-20 seconds. i can't join the server after this. The easiest way was to reinstall the server. He closed an opens the tcp 1988 times before it crashs the server. It is possible to make a script that blocked this after "xx" times or so? Please let me know if you have a solution.

To stop it you need to close the server wait about 5 minutes all connections time out and then its ok no need to reinstall.

Is this a home server or a rented one? i still think its a problem with steam connections and nothing maliicious. If it causes your server to crash maybe your hardware or you network cannot handle it.

Btw it happend to me again today (the server dosnt crash) just a few hundred connections maybe a thousand attempts and then it stops.

Good Luck

Jay
  • PhilBaxPhilBax Posts: 43Developer
    edited September 2017
    Looking at that log, it does indeed appear to be a DDOS attack from a botnet. Over the course of 12 seconds, you have 569 unique IP addresses talking to your server. That is most definitely malicious.

Unfortunately, there's not a lot we can do game-side to mitigate such attacks.

If you're experiencing crashes as a result of the attack (sounds like you are), please PM me and I'll get the core dump files from you so we can fix those.

If the attacks are causing AAGame.exe to use 100% CPU or memory, perhaps we can look into filtering X number of requests from the same IP, though I'm not sure how effective that will be against large botnets.

Most likely, the server is being flooded with incoming net traffic. Even if we ignore the traffic at the game level, the router and NIC are still going to be receiving and processing those packets, so you're going to notice the impact. Unfortunately, this is typically something you'll need to work with your server provider to address.
  • =R*C=TeEeJai!=R*C=TeEeJai! Posts: 26Player
    We were lucky enough to get to zero servers. The lowest ping I could find was 190........ awesome let the high pinger abuse roll.