Skyrim FPS cap

frankoffrankof Posts: 1,034Moderator
This discussion was created from comments split from: more than 90fps: how?.
ss_4_frankof.png

Comments

• t[F]s.ARTAQt[F]s.ARTAQ Posts: 46Player
    question: i am trying to play some Skyrim which gets constant screen flicker at 144 fps. apparently it runs smoothest at 60fps. is there an easy/quick way for me to lower the fps to 60 and then swap back to 144 for playing AAPG?
  • LeMaestroLeMaestro Posts: 26Player
    edited June 2015
    question: i am trying to play some Skyrim which gets constant screen flicker at 144 fps. apparently it runs smoothest at 60fps. is there an easy/quick way for me to lower the fps to 60 and then swap back to 144 for playing AAPG?

In the Nvidia control panel, in the 3D settings page, in the program settings tab find your game and use adaptive sync or application contolled setting.
    Nvidia%20control%20panel%20sync%20skyrim.jpg

You can do that for any game that is on your system.
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited June 2015

search skyrim mods for something like an "FPS limiter"... that game has conflicts with game physics with high framerate. i think technically you just have to add an ini setting in notepad and make sure the max FPS is set to like 62. but check for the mods to be sure the instructions.

• frankoffrankof Posts: 1,034Moderator
    http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34/?
    The max playable fps for skyrim is around 70, above that you will have all kinds of odd issues when entering caves, houses etc.
    The physics engine goes bonkers(as shifty say)
    ss_4_frankof.png
    tx fellas! Maestro that didn't seem to fix it for me.

shifty and frank: will using the "FPS Limiter" program to reduce my FPS ruin my Lightboost & Strobelight benefits do you know?
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,034Moderator
    No, i dont know, i used a 60hz IPS screen when i played skyrim, and my 144hz gaming screen dont support lightboost(apparently), so i guess you have to try for your self.
    You could try to use a whole divider as the cap, 72fps for a 144hz screen, v-sync on.
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    i don't use lightboost so i can't say.

i think it will be fine, it fixed my skyrim stutter issue! since it is a mod that ya paste inside your skyrim folder, i would think that it won't interfere with vid settings outside of skyrim.

tx again fellas!