New guns

PHOENIXX79PHOENIXX79 Posts: 27Player
So some friends of mine are saying they are seeing different types of guns they don't have access too. I didn't notice as I only use M4 most of the time. Is this an unlockable feature? Are there guns that can be unlocked somehow?

Comments

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    The only weapons you can't pick at loadout are the enemy weapons. Those can only be used by downing an enemy and picking them up off of the ground. They only last for the round you picked them up in.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• Pain-N-PanicPain-N-Panic Posts: 79Player
    If I had a dollar for every time someone has messaged me on PSN asking me how to unlock the AK.......I'd only have 4 dollars.
  • Atlas-RevoltAtlas-Revolt Posts: 5Player
    Me and alot of my guys i play with really want the ability to be on the opposing force and choose their weapons..no offense but both sides having a weapon/character reskin based on their point of view is about the weirdest and most frustrating thing ive ever seen in a game.
  • Bear_82Bear_82 Posts: 385Moderator
    Me and alot of my guys i play with really want the ability to be on the opposing force and choose their weapons..no offense but both sides having a weapon/character reskin based on their point of view is about the weirdest and most frustrating thing ive ever seen in a game.

Very simply, that will not happen. From your point of view (regardless which team you're on), you are a US soldier; America's Army has been this way since initial release in 2002.

To accomplish what you've described, you'd be OPFOR, and shooting US soldiers. The US Army will not allow this with their game, and rightfully so.
    The right of the people to keep and arm bears shall not be infringed.
    Why so rude and defensive? Apparently you dont know what opfor is because you already play as opfor and shoot USsoldiers..thats already in the game.. If im dressed as the enemy why not have there weapons aswell..lol

And no..it is NOT there game.. It is payed for by US tax payers. As a tax payer myself and an army vet i believe i have a right to critique were my money is being spent.

I understand that the gameplay is setup to be like training with opfor. But this is a recruitment tool and NOBODY has ever joined the army because they wanted to do training exercises. They join because of wanting to serve there country, college tuition or a family honor thing..unless they are drafted of course. And ill offer any criticisms, suggestion's or opinion's that i want sir...rightfully so
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Bear_82 wrote: »

Very simply, that will not happen. From your point of view (regardless which team you're on), you are a US soldier; America's Army has been this way since initial release in 2002.

To accomplish what you've described, you'd be OPFOR, and shooting US soldiers. The US Army will not allow this with their game, and rightfully so.

Bear is 100% right. This is a core feature of the AA series. Without it there would be no game. It's that high level of a requirement.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player

I don't think bear was being rude.

And anyway, in the U.S military, training [like this] is conducted with other U.S soldiers acting as the enemy forces (the OPFOR). Considering this is a training game based on our military and its training (meant as a recruitment tool), it makes perfect sense to keep it exactly as it is in our actual military.

To make it so they are actually an enemy would be that you are shooting U.S soldiers when you are OPFOR and as Bear pointed out, they don't want that. It is just a training simulation, for us and for the fictional men in the game, and thus it would make no sense to even shift the OPFOR into actual enemies.

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
    Im just saying the logic sounded flawed to me when he said they dont want us to play as opfor shooting our troops.. Its NO different than our troops shooting opfor considering opfor is our troops roleplaying as opposing force.. But thats government logic for ya..smh
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 645Player
    Im just saying the logic sounded flawed to me when he said they dont want us to play as opfor shooting our troops.. Its NO different than our troops shooting opfor considering opfor is our troops roleplaying as opposing force.. But thats government logic for ya..smh

I think it's your failure to comprehend.

Nobody ever playing the game is shooting at US soldiers, barring the obvious friendly fire exception.

Nobody ever playing the game is shooting at US soldiers, barring the obvious friendly fire exception.

Facepalm... Who do you think the opfor is? They ARE U.S. Soldiers dressed up as the "Oppossing Force"... You guy's dont comprehend. Let me dumb it down for you. When you KiLL OPFOR you Kill U.S. Soldiers...

Just....Nevermind
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 645Player

Facepalm... Who do you think the opfor is? They ARE U.S. Soldiers dressed up as the "Oppossing Force"... You guy's dont comprehend. Let me dumb it down for you. When you KiLL OPFOR you Kill U.S. Soldiers...

Just....Nevermind

Yeah. You're hopeless.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    What is this madness? They are Czervernian's.. not US soldiers, tut tut.. someone hasn't done their homework.

General Adzic will have your head.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• DemonroninDemonronin Posts: 11Player
    M1 Garand. Yes, to hear that marvelous "ping'. Might not happen, but if it does. You lads did well.
  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    @Atlas-Revolt

No, it isn't killing right now because they are U.S soldiers acting out OPFOR. No deaths, as it is training. If they actually changed it to real enemies, the OPFOR would actually be killing U.S soldiers—which is not something they want and would ruin the purpose of the game [training "simulation"].

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis