Low user count, no updates, no promised weapon skins, no official servers

13

Comments

  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,483Player
    Did you block him =)
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    Ninja-ban!
    AAPG is good!
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    edited September 2017
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Why do Koden's posts never show up when I go to the thread?!

    Because devs turned him into a ghost. My best guess is on per post permissions so mods can still read the comments while they fail to correctly render the thread for us mere mortals. You can still read his posts if you guess a word in his post and search for it though.

    I've asked about it several times before to no avail, maybe if it's you asking there will be an answer or they'll even consider to either rethink or fix that "feature".
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,483Player
    edited September 2017
    They turned me into a ghost and forgot about me until I sent them this =)

    gKQ6BB2.png
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,610Beta Tester
    Though tempted, I've never blocked anyone on any forum, because I usually consider everyone to have SOMETHING to add, and I should be open to that.
    ______

    This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    Koden is a ghost.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.






  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    edited September 2017
    There were tons of us who were around from closed Beta (May 2013) until the past year or so. That's 3-4 years of playing this game. Sure, there were a lot of complaints, but let's be honest, the forums are such a small part of the community. Most players don't even bother coming here. Also, in spite of all of those complaints, many of those players were spending countless hours of their free time to try into grow the game by promoting competitive play, making podcasts, youtube videos, maps, etc.

    Facts are the game never had whatever "it" is that gains a game popularity. The game also never really grew the two things that give games popularity these days: Dedicated popular streamers and competitive play. Maybe back in 2013 streaming wasn't as big as it is right now, but even as of 2013, Twitch was sitting at 45M unique viewers (says Wikipedia). YouTube reviewers pretty much unanimously trashed the game. Most older AA players tried the game and shortly after moved on. Word of mouth was not all that great. Maybe the game would have fared better if it left closed beta later, didn't have the whole training theme on day 1, or didn't shun its past (It still boggles my mind that AA2/3 maps weren't a huge part of this game). I don't know. The players who stuck around for three or four years did so with nothing to gain except to take a game that they saw potential in and try to grow its popularity. Eventually, people grew tired of waiting and moved on... as is their right.

    Facts are that AAPG is over 4 years old on an old engine and was never all that popular to begin with. To say that it's the few people who are still around's problem that this game is bleeding players is ridiculous. The game hasn't even had a major update with the exception of VIP mode and a few maps since October 2015. I personally haven't touched the game since January and don't intend to until maybe the promised Sandstorm update... even then I'm sure any return I have to the game will be short lived.

    I check up on the forums on occasion to see if there's anything new or an interesting discussion, but let's be honest, AAPG on PC is dead. I hope for the Dev team's sake that the PS4 version does better, but I'd much rather see a new AA game if anything. Hopefully the Army won't flush the dev team for the next one (if there ever is one) and they can build on the good things from this version and make something that will work better for the modern gaming environment. Personally, I'm not so sure if that's a round based shooter anymore. The modern gaming audience doesn't want to wait 5 minutes if they died quickly to get back into the game.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 720Player
    edited September 2017
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    There were tons of us who were around from closed Beta (May 2013) until the past year or so. That's 3-4 years of playing this game. Sure, there were a lot of complaints, but let's be honest, the forums are such a small part of the community. Most players don't even bother coming here. Also, in spite of all of those complaints, many of those players were spending countless hours of their free time to try into grow the game by promoting competitive play, making podcasts, youtube videos, maps, etc.

    Facts are the game never had whatever "it" is that gains a game popularity. The game also never really grew the two things that give games popularity these days: Dedicated popular streamers and competitive play. Maybe back in 2013 streaming wasn't as big as it is right now, but even as of 2013, Twitch was sitting at 45M unique viewers (says Wikipedia). YouTube reviewers pretty much unanimously trashed the game. Most older AA players tried the game and shortly after moved on. Word of mouth was not all that great. Maybe the game would have fared better if it left closed beta later, didn't have the whole training theme on day 1, or didn't shun its past (It still boggles my mind that AA2/3 maps weren't a huge part of this game). I don't know. The players who stuck around for three or four years did so with nothing to gain except to take a game that they saw potential in and try to grow its popularity. Eventually, people grew tired of waiting and moved on... as is their right.

    Facts are that AAPG is over 4 years old on an old engine and was never all that popular to begin with. To say that it's the few people who are still around's problem that this game is bleeding players is ridiculous. The game hasn't even had a major update with the exception of VIP mode and a few maps since October 2015. I personally haven't touched the game since January and don't intend to until maybe the promised Sandstorm update... even then I'm sure any return I have to the game will be short lived.

    I check up on the forums on occasion to see if there's anything new or an interesting discussion, but let's be honest, AAPG on PC is dead. I hope for the Dev team's sake that the PS4 version does better, but I'd much rather see a new AA game if anything. Hopefully the Army won't flush the dev team for the next one (if there ever is one) and they can build on the good things from this version and make something that will work better for the modern gaming environment. Personally, I'm not so sure if that's a round based shooter anymore. The modern gaming audience doesn't want to wait 5 minutes if they died quickly to get back into the game.

    Perect post.

    Also,

    Training theme should have been dumped on official release with those maps completely overhauled visually. Wolverine did a fantastic rendition of CSAR, maybe they could have convinced him to remake all the training maps for $$.
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    edited September 2017
    Wolverines new csar as a official map would eat inner alive. Unlike the award winning rail yard map, even forgot the name of it. However, you know a game is dead if the leftover diehards of different clans gather in one teamspeak....
    AAPG is good!
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 720Player
    Meanwhile, I get banned from another inner hospital server. At least I could play in the official servers.

    There's very few servers I can play in nowadays
    Game was a bit more enjoyable
    Admins, or badmins are burning one end of the candle
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    i9.doogle wrote: »
    Meanwhile, I get banned from another inner hospital server. At least I could play in the official servers.

    There's very few servers I can play in nowadays
    Game was a bit more enjoyable
    Admins, or badmins are burning one end of the candle

    nice one lol
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,610Beta Tester
    So, still a bunch of people promoting the game they WISH this was. Note: it's NOT that game.

    How does saying the valid criticisms above help to draw or keep people in THIS game?

    Am I speaking opforian here or something?!!! :p
    ______

    This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 643Player
    edited September 2017
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Though tempted, I've never blocked anyone on any forum, because I usually consider everyone to have SOMETHING to add, and I should be open to that.

    I suspect you'd block the people with the most to contribute. ;)
  • PhilippovichPhilippovich Posts: 218Player
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    There were tons of us who were around from closed Beta (May 2013) until the past year or so. That's 3-4 years of playing this game. Sure, there were a lot of complaints, but let's be honest, the forums are such a small part of the community. Most players don't even bother coming here. Also, in spite of all of those complaints, many of those players were spending countless hours of their free time to try into grow the game by promoting competitive play, making podcasts, youtube videos, maps, etc.

    Facts are the game never had whatever "it" is that gains a game popularity. The game also never really grew the two things that give games popularity these days: Dedicated popular streamers and competitive play. Maybe back in 2013 streaming wasn't as big as it is right now, but even as of 2013, Twitch was sitting at 45M unique viewers (says Wikipedia). YouTube reviewers pretty much unanimously trashed the game. Most older AA players tried the game and shortly after moved on. Word of mouth was not all that great. Maybe the game would have fared better if it left closed beta later, didn't have the whole training theme on day 1, or didn't shun its past (It still boggles my mind that AA2/3 maps weren't a huge part of this game). I don't know. The players who stuck around for three or four years did so with nothing to gain except to take a game that they saw potential in and try to grow its popularity. Eventually, people grew tired of waiting and moved on... as is their right.

    Facts are that AAPG is over 4 years old on an old engine and was never all that popular to begin with. To say that it's the few people who are still around's problem that this game is bleeding players is ridiculous. The game hasn't even had a major update with the exception of VIP mode and a few maps since October 2015. I personally haven't touched the game since January and don't intend to until maybe the promised Sandstorm update... even then I'm sure any return I have to the game will be short lived.

    I check up on the forums on occasion to see if there's anything new or an interesting discussion, but let's be honest, AAPG on PC is dead. I hope for the Dev team's sake that the PS4 version does better, but I'd much rather see a new AA game if anything. Hopefully the Army won't flush the dev team for the next one (if there ever is one) and they can build on the good things from this version and make something that will work better for the modern gaming environment. Personally, I'm not so sure if that's a round based shooter anymore. The modern gaming audience doesn't want to wait 5 minutes if they died quickly to get back into the game.

    nailed it!

    The question that remains unanswered was what direction did the game had in mind when starting? There must have been some contingency plans when player numbers are dwelling to an all time low. That the devs or the "higher ups" would consider doing something different in terms of were to put the effort: Maps/Design/Mechanics/Overhaul changes/weapon balance/UI, etc. etc. This game is not benchmarked on sales or subscibers, but simply about the exposure to as many players as possible, it is still a recruiting tool and branding of the US.Army.
    I am in awe that not more people joined and stayed. Perhaps there was a lack of support and a finished product that made the game enjoyable for both new comers and veterans. Something that made the game not only a nice game to play, but also to watch.
    I know that the resources were limited, and a smaller game studio as opposed to other franchises. But we were constantly kept in the dark with false promises. And I still don't understand the secrecy behind what is being worked on. It isn't the next tomahawk missile you are working on, it is just a piece of software aimed towards enjoyment of thousands...hundreds.
    Looking back I do not have a anger, but with a disappointed feeling that the amount of time and effort put in to this game meant very little towards what "it could have been", streaming, playing, competitive play.

    Best part of the game: the comp community :P and I would lie if I said I did not enjoy the couple of thousands hours I played.

    /Philippe
  • -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-[U|S|A]-DannyBoy Posts: 376Beta Tester
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »
    Our server has no official maps on only umm and its always full or almost full after 5pm uk time.
    Maybe players have finally had enough of inner =)

    Oh I could only dream they are getting tired of Inner lol!!!

    What Gorilla said is absolutely true, if you make the server fun, be patient when it is dead and just hang out most all the time it will fill within a game or two, I agree it may be the friends on our lists, however, when newer players join they look at the server list and jump on a server that is filling up or full.

    I admit the Inner serves usually fill up first and stay full the most, it is what it is, however, we try hard to break that trend, I just wish I could find all those who complain about Inner only they could fill a few servers if they would leave the forum long enough to actually play the game. SMH
    One day I will graduate noob school!!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!


  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,575Player
    This was posted six months ago in another thread. Terrible way to tread to tread users. You're writing and don't know no one can see your post.
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    RIP Koden btw [*] You will be missed. Still can't grasp the concept of hiding people's posts without telling them. Now that there was a clear statement about the state of the game, are we gonna get one for this weird moderation choice as well?
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • -R@MPAGE--R@MPAGE- Posts: 151Player
    Unfortunately the devs gave up on this game. I specifically remember Tots replying back to my post that no more major changes to the game will happen besides maps and weapons skins. It is really sad, cause I truthfully do enjoy this game and the community. I think the devs saw where this game was going, and saw that moving to console has more growth and decided to just "give up" on the PC version for lack of a better term.

    It's just a shame. I hate to be that guy that says "if you did it like AA2 then everything would be great" but I am going to say it. If we had some AA2 and AA3 map remakes that were published as official maps I think the future would look a little brighter. Also, what ever happened to fireteams? I was really hoping you could have a button to speak just to your fireteam and another button to talk to just your team. Unfortunately the only things we really can look forward to are a couple new maps. maybe? please?

    image
  • -R@MPAGE--R@MPAGE- Posts: 151Player
    edited September 2017
    You can all refer to this post which is essentially the same thing we are all talking about...

    https://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/6212/im-still-waiting/p1
    image
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    edited September 2017
    Honestly, if there's ever a new AA game, it needs to find a way to be unique. Right now there's PUBG hysteria, until that dies down (who knows how long that will be), any new game would release with a whimper. It'd be suicide to release any kind of FPS game right now (although it seems that none are in development anyway).

    I don't know what the answer is in the modern FPS market. Is it fun to play an FPS game where if you die you need to wait another 7 minutes to get back into the action? Probably not, although Rainbow 6 is doing quite well right now (to be fair, R6 rounds are 3 minutes long). Is the answer a 2-3 minute round type game? Is the answer even a round based shooter? Maybe respawn shooter is the way to go, well if you go that way how do differentiate yourself from BF & CoD?

    R6 managed to be unique with the destructible environments, unique unlockable operators, pre-game setup, extremely small maps, stuff like that. The game was built for competitive play. What would make America's Army 5 unique? I could maybe see things like RPG-like stats for each soldier being a neat thing to do. However, in the end what really matters is how you differentiate the actual gameplay. Just being a "tactical shooter" only gets you so far into today's environment. There are tons of tactical shooters that come and go with only a small following. So in any sense, I hope that if AA5 ever comes, someone smart figures out what that thing is that would make AA5 an IT game. Whatever IT is.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • -=[DISF]=-Max-=[DISF]=-Max Posts: 241Player
    I personally do not think the devs want to abandon the project. they are always present at every little problem and are meeting historical requests, aa2 maps. and I think we will see some good things in the future
Sign In or Register to comment.