Where is everybody!!??

Comments

• PredictionPrediction Posts: 134Player
    I played the open beta for an entire 2 maps and couldn't take those gun sounds so switched back.

They need to scrap those sounds and try again sorry they are not helping the game. The gun sounds in the current version are fine no need to change them and yes I understand you can't simply just port them over but that has to be some type of conversion tool or something to help get those sounds into the current open beta.

If not than I'd rather stick with the current version we are playing and you guys stop changing stuff and just fix the bugs.
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 461Player
    I don't agree. It's worse. Every gun sounds like a paint ball gun in both versions except the pistol in the opt in.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • SoldierBobSoldierBob Posts: 76Player
    Shotgun sounds good :)
  • Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    edited June 2015
    cK^KILL@ wrote: »
    Referring to RL for this game is still lame and doesn't make any sense. This argument is always used by the same people whenever it fits, whenever it doesn't they leave it out. Just quit using it already, it's a game far from realism.

Ahh turn off the training HUD and go MIN or None... it does ramp up the realism factor 100x I play for immersion as many we know do and a clean screen just using your facilities to navigate creates great mind work & immersion experience.

FYI AA3 & 2 had a great HUDs.. very unobtrusive... less actually adds more to game feel.

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

I swear Doba keeps talking about the truffle shuffle...

I don't know about other people, but when talking about IRL, we need to be associating that with as much in favorable of the game aspect as possible. I'll bring it up every time if I have to, AA3 got that part right. IRL vs game was well balanced. Execution on the other hand... Maybe all the IRL elements made it too much to manage and that's why it was a bug fest. Whatever the case, it felt and looked "IRL" and it worked.

I don't want IRL a grenade is super heavy and I can't throw it far. I don't want a sack is a bazillion pounds and it holds me down so I shouldn't run fast/far. And so on... I do want I got hit. It hurts. I should behave like I've been hit. I do want sounds that reflect IRL. It shouldn't have to be said, but I guess it does. When someone says IRL, don't take it so literally. In general it's a person make a comparison of making the game feel immersive.

AA3 got so much right, wish it had been completed instead of the DEV team running away because it was too hard to repair. Like they never added spamming the medic key would make you bleed out faster like panicking IRL how hard of code would that of took? Down + M key + 10x pushed = bleed 10X faster.

********Bam4D********

edited June 2015
    I don't agree. It's worse. Every gun sounds like a paint ball gun in both versions except the pistol in the opt in.

Think the ARMY needs to buy their DEV sound team insurgency make them play a week, those sounds and suppression are pretty good.

But doesn't hold a candle to the amazing sound of AA3 the cracks & pops of under fire ... the feel of opening up a gun in AA3 had impact. Game Reviews talked about the BUGS but all reviews of AA3 said it had the best firefight sound of any game even beating ARMA. Remember being pinned down behind a car and hearing it get torn to pieces what a rush, or just hearing fire than a crack next to the you. AA3 dev team took the time to math out sound, bullet drop and true life speed of movement.

Man if the ARMY higher ups would have left that team intact instead of panic on a bad launch and let them keep working what a great game legend AA3 would have become, was a perfect balance between COD & ARMA. I digress... AAPG also rocks and I know it will come out Great!!

********Bam4D********

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Bam4D wrote: »
    I swear Doba keeps talking about the truffle shuffle...

I don't know about other people, but when talking about IRL, we need to be associating that with as much in favorable of the game aspect as possible. I'll bring it up every time if I have to, AA3 got that part right. IRL vs game was well balanced. Execution on the other hand... Maybe all the IRL elements made it too much to manage and that's why it was a bug fest. Whatever the case, it felt and looked "IRL" and it worked.

I don't want IRL a grenade is super heavy and I can't throw it far. I don't want a sack is a bazillion pounds and it holds me down so I shouldn't run fast/far. And so on... I do want I got hit. It hurts. I should behave like I've been hit. I do want sounds that reflect IRL. It shouldn't have to be said, but I guess it does. When someone says IRL, don't take it so literally. In general it's a person make a comparison of making the game feel immersive.

AA3 got so much right, wish it had been completed instead of the DEV team running away because it was too hard to repair. Like they never added spamming the medic key would make you bleed out faster like panicking IRL how hard of code would that of took? Down + M key + 10x pushed = bleed 10X faster.

The AA3 radar was actually more detailed as you could see if your teammates are on the same floor, above or below you.
    The AA3 radar was actually more detailed as you could see if your teammates are on the same floor, above or below you.

I like MIN HUD wish AAPG had the RADAR like AA3 where you could hit N and see Names on the map toggle.

********Bam4D********

• AvgusteAvguste Posts: 125Player
    edited June 2015
    I so much agree with you Bam!!

I actually redownloaded AA3 and yea, way more complex and intense I would say than AAPG....

Bam4D wrote: »

I like MIN HUD wish AAPG had the RADAR like AA3 where you could hit N and see Names on the map toggle.

Min HUD is OK, but I like to know the players I'm looking at.. with Min HUD you get nothing, not even killfeeds.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    Personally I just want two things right now.

1. Sprinting while moving/sprinting slowed down. If that's not possible then remove it.
    2. Damage penalties to movement speed.

You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    Whiplash27 wrote: »

1. Sprinting while moving/sprinting slowed down. If that's not possible then remove it.
    i think you meant to say reload, unless you just want sprint speed in general reduced...

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    Whiplash27 wrote: »

i think you meant to say reload, unless you just want sprint speed in general reduced...

Yes, meant reload :blush:
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    edited June 2015
    SoldierBob wrote: »
    Min HUD is OK, but I like to know the players I'm looking at.. with Min HUD you get nothing, not even killfeeds.

Mine is custom... it's radar, ammo on fade, text on fade, and activity feed. Sometimes crosshair. You can just click and build any HUD you like.

********Bam4D********

I will look into it, I noticed you always use iron sights too? is their advantage to using them?
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    Going into sights is slightly faster ;)
    AAPG is good!
    edited June 2015
    I like the challenge that comes with them. Scopes are for ladies & low honors who don't know how to perform up close & personal.

********Bam4D********

• RollingInTheHurtRollingInTheHurt Posts: 200Player
    Honestly you couldn't get me to come back and play America's Army now, even if you threw a Beta Group invite at me I still wouldn't come back.
    People have moved on, the America's Army reputation is forever tarnished, players are simply not interested in your game anymore.
    1.jpg
  • -PPaaxx--PPaaxx- Posts: 1,576Player
    Honestly you couldn't get me to come back and play America's Army now, even if you threw a Beta Group invite at me I still wouldn't come back.
    People have moved on, the America's Army reputation is forever tarnished, players are simply not interested in your game anymore.
    Sad news, but I still like it. ;)

My original nick is -Ner0-
    It's now banned after the
    latest update.
    I love AA.... boo on the nay sayers.

********Bam4D********