Where is everybody!!??

Comments

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Well...'better' balance would come from everyone having the same gun. Do we want that?

With better balance I'm not referring to equaling everything, BC made a good post about balancing you should read that. For your example of the weapons it's pretty easy and was already done even with for example the shotgun. Weapons are situational and depend on the area of the map you are playing for example. Some weapons should be stronger on close range, some should be stronger on long range to put it simple.
  • SOPMODSOPMOD Posts: 230Player
    If we must bring back, "realism vs non-realism, the undying fruitless debate" then i give you this question.

Do real soldiers in firefights in the streets of Fallujah or the mountains of afghanistan reload while sprinting or even just walking fast? Under fire??

I very much doubt it.

Firstly, they would be blind from the suppression effects /sarcasm.

Second, i would think it's an unneccesary risk to take while in a real firefight situation.

I'm not a badass soldier IRL, really i'm not, but my common sense and probably more so my fear/stress, would never allow me to attempt a sprinting/running reload if i ever would have been in a real firefight.

Don't we have any vets on here that have been in firefights on overseas deployement? I mean this is the Army game, go find some and ask them about it if realism really matters :D

I can accept reloading while running/sprinting can be possible but i can't imagine it in a real firefight situation.

It sounds like something out of Kung Fury.

I repeat, for the 100th time, it's just about gameplay preferences. The realism/non-realism thing is only your self justification for wanting something.
  • `xinoN`xinoN Posts: 359Player
    Not only there's no advertisement, there's no media activity whatsoever....

I don't think this has been posted on the new forums yet so here it goes.

that's what we need :D
    Oh well.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Kung Fury.. .. "Just LoLiLoL"

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • [1stCav]QuePasa^[1stCav]QuePasa^ Posts: 38Player
    edited June 2015
    @up:

That'd be just too great! :D When I tell people that I play AA, they are surprised that AA3 is stil online and then.. they're shocked that there's a newer version to check out for free.
    -
    Ninja release incoming! There are some + of this situation, at least the release day will be flawless. You can't have any server issues with 600 players playing the game worldwide, lol.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    edited June 2015
    I'm not a soldier either...far from it! However, I ask you to consider this: if you had to run toward a possible engagement, would you want to get there with a weapon that is not ready? Also, would you slow down to make yourself an easier target?

I contend the answer to both these questions is NO, for the same reasons we reload after a firefight while running in game - we want to max our effectiveness and live!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    The following statement is not from movies but from real life you tube videos.

irl fights are kept at a distance in a trench or behind some sort of cover.. how fun would that be in a game? They don't run.. they duck and radio in locations waiting for air strikes

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    Uh, airstrikes in CQB.....?!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    CQC.. ive been wanting to see how they play out.. no videos found.. it's a myth.. why risk lives by sending soldiers in when you could bomb them from a distance

• Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    edited June 2015
    @SOPMOD
    _
    I very much doubt they do for heavy weapons or snipers, but they do for the lighter guns. They definitely do it while under fire at all. I saw a real combat video where a soldier did it while running. I'll try to find it.
    _
    Anyways it is preferably that they don't reload in fire/action, as I believe they are trained to always reload when in cover unless they never shot, but in situations where they have to, they do it.

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 455Player
    `xinoN wrote: »
    Not only there's no advertisement, there's no media activity whatsoever....

I don't think this has been posted on the new forums yet so here it goes.

that's what we need :D

Man that video deserves a thread of it's own. I'm pumped, when's that game coming out?!
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • AvgusteAvguste Posts: 125Player
    this video actually dates from 2002 and the days of Americas Army 2

• .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 461Player
    I swear Doba keeps talking about the truffle shuffle...

I don't know about other people, but when talking about IRL, we need to be associating that with as much in favorable of the game aspect as possible. I'll bring it up every time if I have to, AA3 got that part right. IRL vs game was well balanced. Execution on the other hand... Maybe all the IRL elements made it too much to manage and that's why it was a bug fest. Whatever the case, it felt and looked "IRL" and it worked.

I don't want IRL a grenade is super heavy and I can't throw it far. I don't want a sack is a bazillion pounds and it holds me down so I shouldn't run fast/far. And so on... I do want I got hit. It hurts. I should behave like I've been hit. I do want sounds that reflect IRL. It shouldn't have to be said, but I guess it does. When someone says IRL, don't take it so literally. In general it's a person make a comparison of making the game feel immersive.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
    personally I would love to have it where it is abit similar to Arma as far as the backpack.

• .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    you mean loot the backpacks of dead bodies for all their primary and secondary ammo and meds? yeah. maybe we can have loot scattered around each map like dayz, so we might find a can of beans or an alternate melee weapon.

I didnt mean that. What I am referring to is where each time we carry has an effect on fatigue, accuracy and such

• .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    i was joking. left out the :p

• Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    Wow that video looks like it jumped forward in time from the '70s. :D

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • (-n00b-)Gh0stU(-n00b-)Gh0stU Posts: 5Player
    Now that video brought back some good memories. AA2 was such a better game than AA3. But that is just the opinion of a old man LOL!! Lots of great clans back then.
  • (-n00b-)Gh0stU(-n00b-)Gh0stU Posts: 5Player
    edited June 2015
    Sorry got off subject a bit, I wish the actual hit power of the weapons was just a bit more realistic. 10 rounds into a person and them running off is a little far fetched. ( of course I'm half blind and senile too LOL ) Figuratively speaking of course. Takes a lot of rounds to the chest or extremities to knock someone down. I've seen as many others have too, 1 round rip off a extremity, hopefully this is not to candid on here. And that was while a civilian years ago as a teenager nearly 40+ years ago.