Ran out of video memory... Exiting

hasanlatch007hasanlatch007 Posts: 16Player
edited August 2017 in Game Support
The game has been crashing for me lately with the error Ran out of video memory... Exiting
When I clearly have enough RAM and my card should be able to handle the game at low graphics settings also I did overclock my GPU
Thank you In advance for reading and your help.

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,469Beta Tester
    Steam ALWAYS runs this game as Win32. The 64bit exe is only for the editor.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • hasanlatch007hasanlatch007 Posts: 16Player
    Then why is my ram limited while playing this game :/ I can't do anything without having an error where it exits the game when running the game 3,9 of my ram is being used while I have 8 GB I have way more for the game it just won't use it
    Do you have integrated motherboard video? Is it turned off?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Do you have integrated motherboard video? Is it turned off?

I do have a Nvidia 740M and has priority over the integrated motherboard video card
    But no it's not turned off but it doesn't run the game as its main GPU but the Nvidia one.
  • ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 939Player
    edited August 2017
    RAM may be limited because the system will allocate a certain amount for that other graphics chip if you don't disable it. Not sure though...
    ______

RAM may be limited because the system will allocate a certain amount for that other graphics chip if you don't disable it. Not sure though...

but if left a certain amount for that other graphics chip it would show in task manager but it keeps telling me RAM unused I thought my RAM was limited but when I ran a stress test I did reach my max
    So...you're getting an "Out Of Memory" error crash?

I don't think I understood the issue at first. The game will never use all the memory. In fact 3.9GB sounds about right.

The crash though...can you post your specs and OS and the crash details from Windows?
    ______

SPECS (LAPTOP):
    I7-4500U Overclocked to 2.8 GHz
    GPU: Integrated Intel display
    Nvidia 740M Card
    Memory: 8GB DDR3
    Well what I thought to be a game problem turned to be a PC problem so let me rephrase my post:

The game has been crashing for me lately with the error Ran out of video memory... Exiting
    When I clearly have enough RAM and my card should be able to handle the game at low graphics settings also I did overclock my GPU but there is some back throttling happening could that be the reason for it to run out of memory? the card is exceeding 60 temps by a bit 65-70 but stays there doesn't decrease which keeps the card on a back throttling road.
    check if phsyics is set to your nvidea gpu and not on auto in the nvidea control panel
    https://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/6455/settings-for-nvidea-users-on-aapg#latest

I already did that yes it's on auto [TOS Violation], I've set it to nvidia card
    Well what I thought to be a game problem turned to be a PC problem so let me rephrase my post:

When I clearly have enough RAM and my card should be able to handle the game at low graphics settings also I did overclock my GPU but there is some back throttling happening could that be the reason for it to run out of memory? the card is exceeding 60 temps by a bit 65-70 but stays there doesn't decrease which keeps the card on a back throttling road.

Incorrect with this quote the temps are below 60 with no back-throttling at all the temps are between 40 and 50.
    Update status: I've been getting the windows error my PC is low on memory but clearly still have 4gb left and now I'm fully confused
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,165Player
    This usually only happens to people who run a 32bit operating system. Which coincidentally can only utilize just under 4gb of your 8Gb of RAM. If I recall.. I think the only fix is getting 64bit windows.

I wonder though.. would it help to make your windows pagefile bigger? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2160852/ram--virtual-memory--pagefile--and-memory-management-in-windows
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

Yes....I did ask, what is your operating system?
    ______

• ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 939Player
    having larger vm does help but u will still see this error sometimes . if the system hangs on a map change will force the error code for memory.
    This usually only happens to people who run a 32bit operating system. Which coincidentally can only utilize just under 4gb of your 8Gb of RAM. If I recall.. I think the only fix is getting 64bit windows.

I wonder though.. would it help to make your windows pagefile bigger? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2160852/ram--virtual-memory--pagefile--and-memory-management-in-windows

8.1 WINDOWS PRO 64BIT
    Yes....I did ask, what is your operating system?

8.1 WINDOWS PRO 64BIT
    having larger vm does help but u will still see this error sometimes . if the system hangs on a map change will force the error code for memory.

Well, the error has been popping everytime I run the game for a long while.