We NEED an European Official SERVER

In Europe we are playing only Inner in the last 3 days.. c'mon devs this game is gonna die

Comments

• ~Gorilla~~Gorilla~ Posts: 792Administrator
    edited July 2017
    I agree that the map can get boring lol. However just an update for you. I believe a bunch of the servers are going to PS4 as posted https://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/6446/changes-to-official-servers-with-ps4-launch/p1 May I suggest trying to host your own server?
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    It wont die as long as people keep playing, even if it's inner :lol:

I wonder if one day a map will come along that trumps it's popularity?
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• doogle!doogle! Posts: 733Player
    The pool of EU servers is definitely shallow. For me, it feels smaller. Over half of the private servers kick/ban for bunny hopping, something that didn't happen much in NA. Very few EU private servers are set to BDX maps. But from a guy who has seen both sides now, the general overall sportsmanship displayed in most EU servers is heads and shoulders above NA.

• [EF]=JAY=[EF]=JAY= Posts: 114Player
    In Europe we are playing only Inner in the last 3 days.. c'mon devs this game is gonna die

what type of server would you like to see?

Steam Name:[EF]=Jay=
    [EF] =Elite Fighters=
    Server IP:82.255.178.154:7778
    b_560_95_1.png
  • !Bro[-Militico-]!Bro[-Militico-] Posts: 21Player
    [EF]=JAY= wrote: »

Official Fra12 was the most used.. all maps all mod
    yesterday we were playing in ur server but no one vote for a different map

edited July 2017

I know, InnerHospital is a sickness lol, as soon as the map changes IF it changes, everyone leaves.

If somone can give me the detailed settings of FRA12
    i will see if i can setup another server.

[EF] =Elite Fighters=
    b_560_95_1.png
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 645Player
    i9.doogle wrote: »
    The pool of EU servers is definitely shallow. For me, it feels smaller. Over half of the private servers kick/ban for bunny hopping, something that didn't happen much in NA.

That's just pathetic. Especially since jumping around a corner is in no way "bunny hopping."

It would be basically impossible to enforce, and probably unwise to try in a game with such a low server population to begin with, to punish servers that have stupid rules like that. It's not that different from banning all good players so you can have an easy time getting kills and earning points. You're banning someone for using a mechanic in the game in a way that may make it slightly harder to shoot them.

Are they going to ban taking corners at a wide angle to minimize exposure next?
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 645Player

I know, InnerHospital is a sickness lol, as soon as the map changes IF it changes, everyone leaves.

If somone can give me the detailed settings of FRA12
    i will see if i can setup another server.

I don't know how popular it would be with the average player, but the ideal pub server settings in my opinion would include 0/1 revive with none on headshot, roles locked, 3.5 or 4 minute FLO rounds, supported positions disabled, CSHD, no in world spots to name the ones that come to mind. I don't know if there's a server option for bleed out timer, but I'd shorten that if it is.

My philosophy would be that rounds will go faster if you don't have so many revives, which may help players get more action in.

I'm not sure off the top of my head what the officials are running for settings these days, but you should be able to join one of the NA officials and get a pretty good idea from the server settings tab.
    I have setup another server, as a FRA12 replacement.

Have Fun

b_560_95_1.png

[EF] =Elite Fighters=
    b_560_95_1.png
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 733Player
    i9.doogle wrote: »
    The pool of EU servers is definitely shallow. For me, it feels smaller. Over half of the private servers kick/ban for bunny hopping, something that didn't happen much in NA.

That's just pathetic. Especially since jumping around a corner is in no way "bunny hopping."

It would be basically impossible to enforce, and probably unwise to try in a game with such a low server population to begin with, to punish servers that have stupid rules like that. It's not that different from banning all good players so you can have an easy time getting kills and earning points. You're banning someone for using a mechanic in the game in a way that may make it slightly harder to shoot them.

Are they going to ban taking corners at a wide angle to minimize exposure next?

From what I see, it's similar to some of the servers in NA. I'm thinking of one clan in particular in the USA who runs an inner hospital 24/7 server. They've banned most of the "comp" players and generally anyone who dominates the scoreboard. The server pool there is shallow too, but their server does fine due to clan size and regular (equally unskilled) players. Similar cases happen here.

The difference is instead of hackusations in EU, I'm politely asked to stop jumping. NA, I get the ban hammer. I'll leave without a fuss when asked nicely, so it's something I definitely appreciate over here. But removing the spacebar and squat button from my keyboard is probably about the only way for me to stop jumping and crouching...it's muscle memory after 10+ years of AA.
  • -ew.raw!^-ew.raw!^ Posts: 175Player
    I have setup another server, as a FRA12 replacement.

Have Fun

b_560_95_1.png

Nice work but i'd make the server name shorter. You could "advertise" your clan in the server rules?
    1409304775_2240089.gif

AA2 2005 - 2015
    AA:PG 2015-
  • -[iG]-Leketiskis-[iG]-Leketiskis Posts: 127Player
    Hello guys, it's not FRA replacement, but for BDX everyoen is welcome on -[iG]- BDX server.
    Client side hit detection.
    1 revive.
    No supported.
    Team Balance.
    Very few kicking, bans. (apart for real cheaters, hackers)
    bunny hoping is hated, but allowed :D
    Map voting enabled.