FGN AAPG Competition Fall 2017

-=DA=-Denial_FGN-=DA=-Denial_FGN Posts: 45Player
Hello everyone,

I wanted to take a moment and thank everyone that has competed in our AAPG leagues. It means a lot when it comes to your continued support of our services. With that being said, we will begin sign ups for our next competition on August 20th, 2017. Sign ups will run until August 30th with competition starting right after Labor Day. We will be releasing the signup sheet soon, and will be requesting some information for the Team Leaders to fill out. The person that fills out the signup sheet will be considered the Team Leader for the entire team. All communication will go through the team leader, unless otherwise specified, and will conclude with the Team Leader. Any fractions that occur against the team will be discussed with the Team Leader and the player involved.

So for this season, I will be handling the reigns as Lead Admin with Mulgarus and Dominus as my Admins. I am also looking for a person to webcast our matches, so if you are interested please contact me as soon as you are able. The best way to contact me is via email at admin@fgnleague.com or if you have my Steam info, you can always contact me there or leave a message there.

Have fun everyone, and happy hunting.

Comments

• -=DA=-Denial_FGN-=DA=-Denial_FGN Posts: 45Player
    Registration for the new season of FGN AAPG is now open. Team Leaders, please submit your sign up at http://www.fgnleague.com/aapg/signups/ or you can find the tab under the FGN AAPG Menu.
  • -=DA=-Denial_FGN-=DA=-Denial_FGN Posts: 45Player
    As it stands right now, we have 4 teams signed up for our 2017 Fall event. We will keep the signups open for another 2 weeks. If we do not get more than the 4 teams, we will begin looking at closing the competition for AAPG, and look at other games.
  • -vR.cialone!--vR.cialone!- Posts: 121Player
    goodbye-gif-10.gif
  • heXXus-heXXus- Posts: 2Player
    EU side still seems to be fairly strong, has any leagues considered maybe playing 2 maps, 1 on each teams server, as to prevent unfair latency issues, and in the case it ends 1 map to 1, play on a neutral server? something to maybe consider to keep competition going for both sides of the world.
  • =IK=Juggernaut=IK=Juggernaut Posts: 69Player
    edited September 2017
    Thanks for hosting comp in the past, Denial. It's not your fault that the comp scene isn't signing up. Decisions made during the development of this game slowly crushed comp.

Honestly, it's probably a much better idea for you to look at hosting other games. Good luck!
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 453Player
    goodbye-gif-10.gif

Well that's a tag I've not seen in a while! Good to see you're still out there man.
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • -hyperlite--hyperlite- Posts: 97Player
    edited September 2017
    Best thing would be to shut down comp for AA. All the bridges have been burned already.

Id also like to add that we should dissolve this sub-forum and put it in the archives. Only good thing about this forum is the 2 year old sticky where we were duped into thinking they actuually wanted comp players input(again).
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 383Player
    PC = D.E.A.D
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • =IK=Juggernaut=IK=Juggernaut Posts: 69Player
    Best thing would be to shut down comp for AA. All the bridges have been burned already.

Id also like to add that we should dissolve this sub-forum and put it in the archives. Only good thing about this forum is the 2 year old sticky where we were duped into thinking they actuually wanted comp players input(again).

Hear hear!
  • med!hustLe-med!hustLe- Posts: 26Player
    I agree with anything Hyper says. Who wants to pub?
  • Don't close it
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 587Player
    The writing was on the wall for a long time. RIP.
  • PhilippovichPhilippovich Posts: 214Player

Was our input considered even the FIRST time?
  • -hyperlite--hyperlite- Posts: 97Player

That's a difficult question to answer. At one point I was a part of the comp beta team invited to give input, but things quickly got out of hand. It was very clear from the get go that the comp beta team was behind enemy lines and tensions were prevelant immediately. Things were said, people were offended, disrespectful events/posts took place, the person in charge of us was in over his head.

And rather than isolate the 2 people on the comp beta side and move forward. The group was immediately shut down and I'd imagine that the beta captains and devs said "F" this, we will never have "those guys" back.

Make no mistake I takes 2 too tango and there are fingers to be pointed on the other side, but it was from that point on that I knew our chance of anything comp related was gone with how quickly that group was dissolved.

So Yes I'd say we had input considered at some point but I look back and feel that we were sabotaged from the beginning and if some events had not occurred the group would have been dissolved for some reason or another from the hatred that we even had access to the beta.

• .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 383Player
    They were never going to make the game "we" (I say we as there were two different mind sets) wanted. In some way shape or form it would have always ended up as you see it today.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • PhilippovichPhilippovich Posts: 214Player

That's a difficult question to answer. At one point I was a part of the comp beta team invited to give input, but things quickly got out of hand. It was very clear from the get go that the comp beta team was behind enemy lines and tensions were prevelant immediately. Things were said, people were offended, disrespectful events/posts took place, the person in charge of us was in over his head.

And rather than isolate the 2 people on the comp beta side and move forward. The group was immediately shut down and I'd imagine that the beta captains and devs said "F" this, we will never have "those guys" back.

Make no mistake I takes 2 too tango and there are fingers to be pointed on the other side, but it was from that point on that I knew our chance of anything comp related was gone with how quickly that group was dissolved.

So Yes I'd say we had input considered at some point but I look back and feel that we were sabotaged from the beginning and if some events had not occurred the group would have been dissolved for some reason or another from the hatred that we even had access to the beta.

AFAIK James_Carter was in that group, but he actually never spilled the beans when I asked in to it. However after that, I never saw him in game, or speaking about AAPG. I guess it was him.

Well that sucked. Hopefully both parts learned something. RIP competitive AAAPG though.
  • -vR.cialone!--vR.cialone!- Posts: 121Player
    goodbye-gif-10.gif

Well that's a tag I've not seen in a while! Good to see you're still out there man.

Yooooooo

Also is this league happening? I signed up a team. Also dragon I told rokis I'm adding all of iNv to my roster so I guess we'll be seeing a lot more of each other. Or more likely not.
  • The league should be happening I know we have enough teams now
  • League is happening. Sunday, we will release the team names and we will have the events signed up. At the moment, we have 9 teams with possibly 5 more joining.