The game steals grenades now?

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,546Beta Tester
    Okay, look. What's with your leading, biased questions?

"So now we don't get Jump Boots?"

______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,570Player
    I didn't see nothing.
    Why are you suddenly so active in game and forum after 2 years silence?
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 635Player
    -Ner0- wrote: »
    I didn't see nothing.
    Why are you suddenly so active in game and forum after 2 years silence?

I had a grenade when I died. It was gone when I got revived.
    Because you pressed the "grenade button" just before you where shot.
    But you didn't answer my question.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
    Because you pressed the "grenade button" just before you where shot.
    But you didn't answer my question.

I equipped a grenade before I was shot. That doesn't explain how it simply ceased to exist later. Just another solid bug.

What's wrong with playing the game again? I played some other stuff for awhile. Nothing wrong with documenting the apparent bugs and silly "features."
    I don't see that as a bug, it's a video game.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.

I never threw a grenade. The game removed it from my inventory. How is that not a bug?

Mind-boggling.

I never threw a grenade. The game removed it from my inventory. How is that not a bug?

Mind-boggling.

You took it out of your pocket and lost it between kill and revive.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.

Mind-boggling.

You took it out of your pocket and lost it between kill and revive.

Unbelievable.
    That's what happened!
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    edited July 2017
    Very strange. Did you hit the 'quick throw' or did you actually equip the grenade? There's a freeze in the video about when I would expect the grenade to have detonated. Because of the freeze, I can't hear if that's maybe when it went off. As we've never seen this happen that is my first guess as to what happened here. It threw and blew, but it could be a bug! Hard to tell from one instance.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 494Beta Tester
    Sometimes, under special circumstances grenades do that. Problem is that I never could figure out the "special circumstances". I think you have to be in a very specific point of the equipping/throwing process and lag might play a role as well.

However, in my experience this bug is quite rare. (I use the equip nade method, no quick throws.)
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
    TheTots wrote: »
    Very strange. Did you hit the 'quick throw' or did you actually equip the grenade? There's a freeze in the video about when I would expect the grenade to have detonated. Because of the freeze, I can't hear if that's maybe when it went off. As we've never seen this happen that is my first guess as to what happened here. It threw and blew, but it could be a bug! Hard to tell from one instance.

Equipped. I got shot before I had the opportunity to go any further than that.
  • }{Gorilla}{}{Gorilla}{ Posts: 670Administrator
    I have seen this happen before time and time again. You pull nade and in the mids of pulling the pin you are shot and killed and the nade does not go off. So your though is I guess I did not get the pin out all the way, but after the revive ???? What no nade?? Yes this is just another bug. Good find, your best bet is to report the bugs that you find here https://www.americasarmy.com/support/bug
  • -[iG]-Leketiskis-[iG]-Leketiskis Posts: 127Player
    I never went that far to report this, but i got this bug for close to 20-50 times i would say in my 4000hours of gameplay :) As far what i figured out, you click remove pin from grenade button or just fast trow, and the granade is gone from your inventory, but it explodes only if you see animation of pin being removed :)
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 738Player
    edited July 2017
    It happens more often than you think. Specially with flashes since we tend to use them more. From my experience this happens when we get killed while trying to throw something, however in servers eyes the flash/nade/smoke doesn't blow.
    Also the run and nade bug is still in the game.

Also a small note, having more posts isn't bad. The forums were always dead + he is reporting bugs trying to improve our gameplay, I don't see why we should get upset about it, you could always ignore it anyways.

Over 1.1k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,546Beta Tester
    I wonder if it is part of the grenade lag issue, where you go to throw then turn to run away, but since the grenage lagged for some reason (Ping?) it now lets go in the wrong direction. During that space of time maybe the code cuts out the grenade as unimportant if you die or something?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • JoGaryJoGary Posts: 220Player
    yeah it happens quite often. it happens to me when i die at the exact same time i try throw frag. I never get to throw it but i dont have it my inventory when i revived. Also thrown a few frags that just never explode but that a different issue. lag i think.
  • =IK=Juggernaut=IK=Juggernaut Posts: 69Player
    I've had this happen before, but more commonly, I get the weird "grenade throw delay." ie, My character does the throwing motion, but the grenade doesn't actually come out until a second or two after.