1.02 Update

TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
Hey everyone and happy Independence Day!

This update is for existing players of the game. It will still take approximately 1 week for the game to be listed for download on the storefront again.

Please let me know about any bugs you encounter, and you can also use https://www.americasarmy.com/support/bug

On to the notes!

Major Changes
  • Fixed max player counts on the game server!
  • Fixed an issue that could make it impossible to matchmake!
  • Fixed getting stuck in "Connecting to match". If there is a failure you should now be sent back to the main menu.
  • Randomized the first map selected when starting a server.

Minor Changes
  • Server hosts should no longer see players running through the floor.
  • Updates to the quality of spectating other players while dead
  • You will now get a notification when the host quits a match

Dedicated servers are not up yet, but the quality of life on peer to peer servers should be significantly higher. We are working to get the dedicated server fleet up ASAP.

As always thank you for playing and testing our game!
The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

Comments

• -R@MPAGE--R@MPAGE- Posts: 151Player
    Will this fix stuttering issues? Before today's update, it was very tough to play a few rounds because of the choppyness.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    YES! I just played a few maps and it was smooth as butter! Game is really playing well now!
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• -R@MPAGE--R@MPAGE- Posts: 151Player
    Definitely much smoother. Good job on that front.

Played twice and lost connection mid game both times though. Just a heads up.

Also, not sure if I'm just blind and need glasses, but I am having a lot of trouble seeing the dot on my m4 optic. Is there anyway that can be made a little thicker?
  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    I'll test out the game again (had it downloaded before it was taken down) tonight! :)

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • .XFi^BouRne!.XFi^BouRne! Posts: 22Player
    edited July 2017
    I'm playing as of right now. Still cannot connect to others, but playing as a Host is now really smooth compared to before.

Pressing L1 and R1 immediately after, caused the Flashbang animation to get stuck and not letting the flash release from hand, causing it to go off in your hand.

Another issue that I'm finding with being the host is that hit registration is completely "nerfed". I'm hitting guys dead center in the chest and head, and they are not going down. It's like i'm shooting air.
    ss_4_.XFi%5EBouRne%21.png
  • What he said.
    Also noticed this weapon skin bug twice today.

http://imgur.com/a/n7pnh
  • Bear_82Bear_82 Posts: 358Moderator

not a bug

that's the beta tester skin; all skins were opened up for this version
    The right of the people to keep and arm bears shall not be infringed.
    Bear_82 wrote: »

not a bug

that's the beta tester skin; all skins were opened up for this version

Oh good to know. It almost looked like the m4 was missing its skin.
  • -[U|S|A]-TeeHeeBag-[U|S|A]-TeeHeeBag Posts: 12Player
    Definitely running a lot smoother but still cannot connect to other games, I can only play as host. I also personally feel that with the reduced amount of sway and aim assist that the designated marksman and snipers either need a power reduction or a slower sight in as they are way too op at the moment but that is my personal opinion.
  • -[U|S|A]-TeeHeeBag-[U|S|A]-TeeHeeBag Posts: 12Player
    or increase sway on both