PS4 Beta Bugs

CorrektdCorrektd Posts: 61Player
Hey AAPG.

I am going to start a list of bugs that I find here. Its obvious that they may already be known. Anyone can reply with their bugs and will update the main thread with their input. Hopefully, we can get everything settled, I'm super excited for AAPG on PS4.

1. Lengthy matchmaking issue - I get into this never ending loop while searching for a match. The log gives back 'Join Failed', 'Host Canceled', and when a miracle happens, 'Joining Match'
2. Matchmaking found, but freezes - So a few times I got into a match and while the text 'Joining Matchmaking' popped up, it froze, the music silenced, and eventually had to close app.
3. In-game Disconnected to Main Menu - When I finally get in-game. I will play 1 -2 rounds, then the screen freezes and I disconnected to the main menu.

Thanks for all your hard work in fixing these bugs.

Correktd
ZxOwxxT.png

Comments

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Thanks for this!

We have identified the cause of these bugs and are currently working on the fix for them.
    Hopefully it will only take a few days, stand by for news on that!
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• CorrektdCorrektd Posts: 61Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    Thanks for this!

We have identified the cause of these bugs and are currently working on the fix for them.
    Hopefully it will only take a few days, stand by for news on that!

I figured this as much. I just wanted a place to record them for anything new that I, myself, or anyone else may encounter. Thanks @TheTots
    ZxOwxxT.png
  • -[U|S|A]-TeeHeeBag-[U|S|A]-TeeHeeBag Posts: 12Player
    Not sure if anyone else having this issue, but my game will be running ....sorta fine and then out of no where the game will just crash and send me to a playstation error screen asking if i want to report the problem sorta like a blue screen of death . It lets me watch a video of what happened before the crash and I cannot see anything out of the normal that would have created such an issue. I didn't write the code down but did submit the error report to sony. This is the 2nd time it happened to me though in the less than 1 hour time ive put into the game and next time I will screen shot the error code.
  • [Dev]Rawrster[Dev]Rawrster Posts: 329Developer
    Does this happen while playing on a specific map or performing a specific set of actions?
    No it happened to me on checkout and the one with the water wheel in the middle cant remember the dang name. There was no specific action going on at the time it happened, i was just walking and Boom it black screens and takes me to the blue sony error screen
    The only thing that I can say that was the same in both aspects was that I was hosting the match. I cannot seem to connect to official servers and it always takes me to host a match. So not sure if that played any part in it or not. I do remember the last time it happened though i had just came out of being flashed but recovering sight and continuing for about 10 secs or so and then it giving me the error. I cannot remember if i was flashed the first time it happened.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,181Player
    edited June 2017
    Hopefully by the time I get a PS4 (End of July'ish) the game will be all smooth and bugfree!

Keep finding and fixing 'um guys!
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• doogle!doogle! Posts: 645Player
    Are there any stats the Dev team can release to the community? Curious to see if this is going well over on PS4.

Call me crazy, but I think that if I were part of the management team, I would have tested AAPG extensively in closed beta on PS4 before making it open beta to tie up most of these issues. We know the gaming community is extremely fickle, and you may only get one chance to impress a gamer...even if it is "beta."
    I can't give out any firm numbers right now, but in the first few hours on PS4 we already had more players than we ever have at any one time on PC.

We unlisted the game within 24 hours of it going live, and the game wasn't advertised, and it was only American players, so this is a pretty impressive amount.

This wide stress test needed to happen to find these issues as we had stressed it as much as possible already internally and with Sony. It had to have a mass attack.

Now that we see where the problems are we can launch the game fully with confidence when the time comes.

Overall feedback has been extremely positive, so we are very excited to get the fully working version with dedicated servers out as soon as we can!

• -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,570Player
    I can't give out any firm numbers right now, but in the first few hours on PS4 we already had more players than we ever have at any one time on PC.

So PC games are lost as usual.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
    Let's try to get this thread back on track, PS4 bug posts.

• -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 745Player
    edited June 2017
    I found a bug Tots, cant play it on EU >:)

Over 1.1k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • Fragnader-ACI-Fragnader-ACI- Posts: 6Beta Tester
    edited July 2017
    I was the host and the game just froze and crashed at the end of the 4th round. The error is attached.
    Was this after today's update?

• Fragnader-ACI-Fragnader-ACI- Posts: 6Beta Tester
    Was this after today's update?

No, it was 1.01
  • .XFi^BouRne!.XFi^BouRne! Posts: 22Player
    In version 1.02 In map Checkout, going from courtyard into arcade, pressed L1 and immediately R1 by mistake. This caused the Flashbang animation to get stuck, and character did not release the flash, making it explode in my hand.

I haven't tried to replicate it.
    ss_4_.XFi%5EBouRne%21.png
  • TheSparc19TheSparc19 Posts: 8Player
    Reporting bugs that I am having.

I'm color blind so I find red really hard to see. When I change the default colors, colors of your team, opfor, and VIP. They don't save. They always change, either back to default, or back to colors I cannot see. I like to keep my team GREEN, VIP ORANGE, and the opfor WHITE. The colors always change back to default, and when looking at the scoreboard, I cannot see the opfor because it's so dark. My optic and scope color always stay the same at GREEN. When I mean they always change, at the beginning of a new match, I have to manually change them. They'll stay that way for the entire match, but once we hit the lobby and start a new match, they revert back.

I know it's an open beta so I'm not expecting much, but I'm also having a lot of lag issues. I have a great ISP and I know I have fast connections. I'm hardwired as well, but I have constant jumping pings unless I'm hosting. Even then, when on "Homestead," while running I'll jump around a little and also the graphics can't keep up. I have to stop and then everything is crisp and clear.

Also, call me old school, but I cannot find a controller lay-out/mapping. I have figured out how to do a lot of things myself, and asked a couple people about things, but I would like to see if it's possible to see what all the buttons do. It really helps me out!

I'm on update 1.03. The most up to date.
    Thanks,
    Thesparc19
  • [Dev]Rawrster[Dev]Rawrster Posts: 329Developer
    Thanks for the feedback Sparc19. We can definitely look in to the issue with your color settings not saving from match to match.

You should see network performance continue to improve over the next few patches and we will be looking in to Homestead's performance as well.

Controller Mapping is definitely a missing feature and it is something we are really close to finishing up. It should make it to you fairly soon, then your will be able to fully customize your controller mappings!
  • -=[VGO]=-mmchaos-=[VGO]=-mmchaos Posts: 81Moderator
    from what i have seen
    team balance isn't working - if a player leaves mid-match you have to finish lopsided.
    tactical mode - i believe this is supposed to be automatic if you are moving slow, the threshold needs adjusted the only time i can get it to work if i am standing still which kinda negates the purpose.
    we sorely need a report in key or a callout key on a radial menu
    call vote could be useful
    everything else on my list looks like its being addressed
    test-tag.jpg
    We need more cow bell