What is biggest difference of PS4 version of AAPG and PC versoin of AAPG?

[UTD]32456556364[UTD]32456556364 Posts: 10Player
Although there is not much information publicly available, what is a biggest difference of each game? Is it just enjoy the sandstorm map on the PS4 version before release on PC version?

Comments

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    PS4 uses an 8v8 game mode, has lean and supported removed, and some console quality of life adjustments to the UI. It also has less maps currently.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• PredictionPrediction Posts: 120Player
    Since PC version is about dead can we remove lean and supported for the PC version too oh and also vault. Thanks
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    I mean you can unbind those keys right now!
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• }{Gorilla}{}{Gorilla}{ Posts: 629Administrator
    Umm no Prediction.
  • ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 934Player
    Why would you want to remove lean and supported position . What we can't do this in real life . Maybe people should support this game instead of constantly ripping it apart .
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,413Beta Tester
    edited June 2017
    I'm kinda critical of the ACTUAL use of lean in the game. In theory, it seems cool to be able to lean, but it is used to be almost invisible while peeking corners under certain circumstances. So, though I would miss it in some ways, we could live without it. I'm sure the PS4 game will show this to be true.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • Gronfather@twitchGronfather@twitch Posts: 466Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    PS4 uses an 8v8 game mode, has lean and supported removed, and some console quality of life adjustments to the UI. It also has less maps currently.
    Since PC version is about dead can we remove lean and supported for the PC version too oh and also vault. Thanks

Little extreme but seriously, supported? We've been asking for that for how long??? Cmoooooon!!!

• {M.9}-Arko{M.9}-Arko Posts: 206Player
    Can somebody post a video of sandstorm on PS4
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,165Player
    edited June 2017

Sandstorm is played from around 20 min in this video.. if it doesn't auto play from there.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 456Beta Tester
    Gron. wrote: »
    TheTots wrote: »

Little extreme but seriously, supported? We've been asking for that for how long??? Cmoooooon!!!

You can disable supported positions in the server settings since the Homestead update if I'm not mistaken.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • #Im,A,,NOOB#Im,A,,NOOB Posts: 2Player
    just reduce the recoil
  • Shakey.Shakey. Posts: 5Player
    compared to PC the recoil seems reduced and that's not even taking into account the aim assist when putting crosshairs on the enemy.

regarding leaning, i do miss it and it has been an AA staple since the beginning of time but I can't imagine an effective way to incorporate it within the ps4 controls.

• [Dev]Rawrster[Dev]Rawrster Posts: 328Developer
    Shakey. wrote: »
    regarding leaning, i do miss it and it has been an AA staple since the beginning of time but I can't imagine an effective way to incorporate it within the ps4 controls.
    We tried it during development and it just felt really clunky to use for most people. It also made some other controls more cumbersome because we had to juggle key bindings around some to make everything fit.

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,413Beta Tester
    I'm confused. Is that video posted by Uni of the PS4 game? How come the Sandstorm scoreboard shows more than 8v8 playing?!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • PRE_-CISION-_PRE_-CISION-_ Posts: 18Player
    Shakey. wrote: »
    We tried it during development and it just felt really clunky to use for most people. It also made some other controls more cumbersome because we had to juggle key bindings around some to make everything fit.

Why not do it like rainbow six siege? L3/R3. Far as I am aware those are unused right?
    RLxGOgB.png
  • -R@MPAGE--R@MPAGE- Posts: 150Player
    Battlefield's lean works well in my opinion. When you are on a corner and you scope in, it automatically leans you.
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    I'm confused. Is that video posted by Uni of the PS4 game? How come the Sandstorm scoreboard shows more than 8v8 playing?!

Because things are a wee bit broken with matchmaking at the moment.
  • SuadeSuade Posts: 11Player
    edited July 2017
    Keebler750 wrote: »

Because things are a wee bit broken with matchmaking at the moment.

Why did you remove lobbies and will they come back?

Guess I'm just wondering is this a PS4 limitation. Can't recall a single game on PS4 having really lobbies.
    I don't believe this is a PS4 limitation, though a programmer may have other thoughts. We felt console players would both prefer and expect to be able to hit a single button and be placed in a match as quickly as possible. Mainly because that is how most other console games work. This also allows our matchmaking systems to keep servers as full as possible so the party doesn't stop if a few players start to leave!

We have no plans to bring lobbies back at this time, though we are certainly open to feedback on how the current system is working for you.
  • SuadeSuade Posts: 11Player
    edited July 2017
    I don't believe this is a PS4 limitation, though a programmer may have other thoughts. We felt console players would both prefer and expect to be able to hit a single button and be placed in a match as quickly as possible. Mainly because that is how most other console games work. This also allows our matchmaking systems to keep servers as full as possible so the party doesn't stop if a few players start to leave!

We have no plans to bring lobbies back at this time, though we are certainly open to feedback on how the current system is working for you.

Well tbh, I still have issues joining rooms.

Always wants to put me in a room that's full and I get booted back to the main menu.

Kind of counter productive if you want to be put into a match a quickly as possible.

Plus what I commented before..not sure if you all agree or not but matchmaking can never allow for a true competitive atmosphere.

Maybe most console players prefer casual but I know many want competitive.