15th Anniversary Open Beta Test!

TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
In honor of the 15th anniversary of America's Army, we are opening up the PlayStation 4 version for open beta testing! Download it now on the North American PlayStation Store! Be aware that this is a BETA build and there will be bugs!
The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

Comments

• Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    Don't we need keys? Haven't gotten an email yet (and am away from my PS4 at the moment).

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,413Beta Tester
    Open means Open, I guess.

Confused I am, but no Playstation do I have...
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    Yea, I guess they changed their minds. Weirdly though the game has a "verification" button combo to get into game. xD

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • -R@MPAGE--R@MPAGE- Posts: 150Player
    Not sure if this is where you want feedback but here is a little. (Completely understand it's still in beta stages)

1. Not a fan of the play online button. I should at least get to select if I want to join a sever that doesn't have 28/24 players or whatever the max is. Also it takes way too long to join a game. I hit play and I'm currently waiting 3.5 minutes and still nothing.

2. Finally got in. Need more in settings. Need more customizable options like controls. Also tell me what button does what. I cannot figure out how to bring up the scoreboard when spectating or the join a team screen once a player leaves the server

3. I've joined 3 games and have yet to be able to play. So can't comment on game mechanics yet. But back to point 1. I need to be able to select a empty server or something like that. (Don't tell me to do training).
  • [Dev]Rawrster[Dev]Rawrster Posts: 328Developer
    edited June 2017
    Thanks for the feedback Rampage. Things definitely aren't going smoothly on the matchmaking end of things tonight. Our goal is to have you playing the game within 2 minutes of pressing that Play Online button. You should never be able to even join a spectate team or a full server, so that is a big part of the issues we are seeing right now.

A controls list along with the ability to rebind everything will be coming very soon.
  • Gronfather@twitchGronfather@twitch Posts: 466Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    In honor of the 15th anniversary of America's Army, we are opening up the PlayStation 4 version for open beta testing! Download it now on the North American PlayStation Store! Be aware that this is a BETA build and there will be bugs!

Have to try it out, lets be real thought...waaay more people enjoyed/played AAPG while it was in beta on PC. Maybe leave the PS4 one in beta forever :dizzy:

• -[U|S|A]-TeeHeeBag-[U|S|A]-TeeHeeBag Posts: 12Player
    I experienced quite a lot of lag during firefights, not sure if this is just my connection or just part of the beta process but pretty much made the game completely unplayable. I would not even consider it lag but more like FPS drop if console can even do that? If i played in training mode everything ran smooth though so maybe just the servers overloaded or something. I am sure you guys will work it out and looking forward to the patch fixes. Btw is there a way to lean on console or is that pretty much done with on controller?
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    The performance issues are coming from a few bugs relating to matchmaking and how many people are able to get in a server.

We're working on fixes for that!

Lean is not on the PS4 version.

• -[U|S|A]-TeeHeeBag-[U|S|A]-TeeHeeBag Posts: 12Player
    Sweet thanks for the update Tots. Can't wait to get everything running butter smooth
    Just installed latest update. Still sitting in matchmaking for an unrealistic amount of time.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Yep that's going to be another update to fix. We're working on it!

Looking forward to trying to out and giving a real opinion besides my intial thoughts.
  • PullTheTriggerPullTheTrigger Posts: 6Player
    edited June 2017
    Was it removed from the store? I'm not able to find it. In North America

I've searched for Americas army, America, Army, AAPG, AA:PG

Can't seem to find it.
  • [Dev]Rawrster[Dev]Rawrster Posts: 328Developer
    edited June 2017
    https://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/6503/retreat#latest

It was pulled from the store for the moment until we get resolve some of the major connection and performance issues we are seeing. Expect it to return some time next week, assuming everything goes well.