Changes to Official Servers with PS4 Launch

TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
There are going to be a few changes needed with the launch of PS4 later this summer*.

PC Official Servers will be gone for at least the length of the PS4 launch window. They are going to be used to help support the initial launch load of PS4. The need will depend on how long those servers are supporting the PS4 effort.

What this means to you as a player is that you will need to play on a community server if you normally played on Officials only.

What this means to our community server hosts, this is a great chance to show your stuff! We would love to see the community come in and set up Great Outdoors community servers and the like for the displaced players.

At the time of writing this there are 262 community hosted servers online! I know everyone will still be able to find a great place to play!

*Exact PS4 launch dates to come soon.
The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

Comments

• -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,572Player
    Bad news. At least keep the Great Outdoors servers.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,186Player
    Console should never preside over PC, NEVER! This news is akin to taking a swift kick in the ball-sack.

Joking apart, good luck with the PS4 launch, I hope AAPG does great on console! Pls don't go forgetting about us PC paupers if it does take off like a rocket :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• SeVn.MaxSeVn.Max Posts: 231Player
    Good Luck!!!! =)
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 642Player
    OMG , what are all the inner players going to do, lmao
  • -[U|S|A]-Voyager-[U|S|A]-Voyager Posts: 53Player
    edited May 2017
    I will gladly furnish a dedicated Great Outdoors server during the launch.
    Steve / 31Bravo
    Army Veteran
    NREMT-Paramedic
  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    edited May 2017
    Uh. I mostly played on official servers, like the Outdoor maps. They had the best ping for me and were usually full when I got on. Unofficial servers tend to have reserved spots or kick non-clan members for clan members.

This is not good. Please at least consider keeping the Outdoor map servers up for us PC players. If not, looks like my playtime is either going to be cut in half, disappear or be entirely replaced by the console...

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • DOMINATION.DOMINATION. Posts: 83Player
    I hope everyone enjoys their two months of inner hospital.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,438Player
    edited June 2017
    A chance for you inner lovers to try out the new hospital

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=931627153

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=912370395

We have map rotation and we don't have any official maps on the servers =)
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 676Player
    We'll get abandoned if PS4 takes off.

Question. Is the development team doing ANY form of advertisement in conjunction with Sony for the release of AAPG on PS4? I hope it doesn't get buried under the rest of the cheesy free games out there.
    edited June 2017
    Edit. NVM just realised how pointless what I said was
    I see it now. A dozen different servers just running Inner Hospital and Bridge, with insanely high pings and clan members constantly on and kicking off non-clan members. There's not enough BeerMe and AR|51 servers up to keep the game alive. The PC community is going to die out almost completely, I think... :(

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 549Beta Tester
    I'm not happy because of this change, but I don't think this is the end of the world. Currently there is a few community servers I enjoy playing on and I hope some other good servers will get populated when this change happens. But yes, badmins are going to be an issue...

I'm crossing my fingers that someone will recognise the "market gap" and make a "No more Inner!" server, with the other good FLO maps on it. I think it would appeal to many players. (Not that Inner would be a bad map, it's just severely overplayed.)
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
    I will set up our second umm server for Outdoor maps only also I will remove our private ban list from that server until you get your official servers back.
    Please give me a list of the Outdoor maps you want on..

Server name will be -SD-Outdoor maps only
    Sever IP 77.75.123.216:7778
    gKQ6BB2.png
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »
    I will set up our second umm server for Outdoor maps only also I will remove our private ban list from that server until you get your official servers back.
    Please give me a list of the Outdoor maps you want on..

Server name will be -SD-Outdoor maps only
    Sever IP 77.75.123.216:7778

The maps currently on rotation for the Outdoor servers for the US are cool, though I'm not sure if they are different on the EU server. It includes: Stone Ruins, Cabin Fever, Homestead and Rocky Road.

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    Thanks Root-Access also could one of the dev's pm me with the server settings they use on their servers.
    gKQ6BB2.png
    I'd send the developers a box of cookies if they remove inner completely in the next update
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,016Moderator
    I'd send the developers a box of cookies if they remove inner completely in the next update
    While i sort of do agree with you, it would be a terrible idea.
    You cant really force players to stick around by removing their favorite map
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    edited June 2017
    What we need is more maps that play as well and are as easy to communicate on, as Inner.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 1,054Player
    Like different versions of popular official maps .