Server update works not properly

SearchResulTSearchResulT Posts: 7Player
edited May 2017 in Server Support
Hi people,

i've rented a server from gameservers.com. I want to play custom maps on it. I've find out where en how to do that. But with some maps i get a version mismatch. Wich is weird because its the same file from my computer i uploaded to te server. After searching on google, the most recommended thing to do is to update the server. Wich i did. And BAM, server does not work properly enymore. At gametracker i see the server is initialising (keeps that state) en after a wile it goes offline. So why can i not update te server and is there a log file where i can see what did go wrong and the server does not run anymore?
Does anyone have other tips to fix those version mismatch bug?
If you need more info/log file etc, ask and i will provide. I would be glad someone can help me fix the problem.

Oh yeah, i can still acces the server through ftp even if its stated offline. But it just won't show anymore in the server browser list like it should after the update.

Comments

• SearchResulTSearchResulT Posts: 7Player
    ok ok, think i've found out why the server did'nt work anymore. Very Stupid from me to miss that... :3
    It probably was the command line. The server authentication and password was also reseted. Copy, paste and viola. Server back up and running..... :proud:
    Funny, no? =)
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,562Beta Tester
    To load maps on your server there are commands to have your server communicate directly with Steam. You do not move the maps from your computer. The .metadata file must be generated by Steam for it to match.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    To load maps on your server there are commands to have your server communicate directly with Steam. You do not move the maps from your computer. The .metadata file must be generated by Steam for it to match.

Thx for the help Keebler750. Where can i find these commands? Could you provide me a link to it pls.
    I also did upload the metadatafile with the maps, thinking it was a link like a torrent meta link of some sort. So if players don't have the map they could download it from the server.
    In other posts i've red they stated that the server will not automaticly update the maps and they have to do it manualy everytime. (i think it was the admin of the Beer me server)

In yet an other post people saying the user made maps should be in the UserMadeMaps folder.
    But the weird thing is that if i do that the server don't find them and when i place them with the other maps i can select the maps as admin in the server. So i'm still trying to figer out what the use is for the UserMadeMaps folder. Maybe it has to do something with the server commandline /NOHOMEDIR ??
    I've fixed all i needed for now. My 3 custom maps work. Pipeline, insurgent camp and weapons cache se. For now i don't know if people can download them through the server browser. Will see later.
    Thanks to a comment of a dev in a post, the version mismatch was an easy fix.
    Just needed to verify my own aa files. 2 files where bad.
    Steam redownloaded them and bam everything works.
    Many thanks everyone. ;)
    Good luck! :+1:

Most of the info in this thread is incorrect or superseded by new methods. Unfortunately, forum searches etc don't show this.

Can someone answer if Gameservers uses the UGCmanager.ini for UMMs? I know a Host A Server tool startup is supposed to (but I use a batch file).

Note: the UserMadeMaps folder is no longer used by the game.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    edited May 2017
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Good luck! :+1:

Can someone answer if Gameservers uses the UGCmanager.ini for UMMs? I know a Host A Server tool startup is supposed to (but I use a batch file).

Hi Keebler750,
    for as far as my knowledge go's, Gameservers uses the AASteamUGCManager.ini file.
    I've red that you can put in the maps you want to keep up to date.
    this is how mine look now. Hope this answers your'e question. :)

[SteamUGCManager.SteamUGCManager]
    ServerSubscribedItems=(IdString=566844647)
    ServerSubscribedItems=(IdString=320694949)
    ServerSubscribedItems=(IdString=645954545)

[AALauncher.ClientSettings]
    Connection=true

[AALauncher.ServerSettings]
    IPAddress=dhcp
    SteamPort=80-200,42
    GamePort=200-250,300-350,9
    QueryPort=400-402,408-900,456456456
    GameVersion=1.0.0.0

[AALauncher.LogSuppressionDefaults]
    SuppressedLogEntry=SteamUGCManager
    SuppressedLogEntry=TriggerSteamUGCMapsUpdate

[IniVersion]
    0=1479741085.000000

and here is the thread i found it :
    https://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/comment/46496/#Comment_46496
    Yep. That's why I said what I did above about FTPing files over and the uselessness of the UserMadeMaps folder. Many things keep changing and it's tough to keep track! :)
    ______

• (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 628Player
    edited May 2017
    server ugc updates are 50 % chance of working, we find we have to manually update files after someone republishes , its hit and miss with it,some do some don't
    I've noticed that the more UGC content you're trying to update, the more it seems to timeout on stuff and skip it.

Do you have many maps to update?

:insertSneakyGrinHere:
    ______

Anyone knows where the timer setting is for switching between maps. Now its standard 35 sec, but want to reduce it to 10 or 15 sec.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,422Player
    I had the same on my server some update some don't so before I republish my own map I delete the metadata from file then publish and it always works.
    Maybe we could pass this on to all umm makers before they republish a map delete metadata file and then publish and see if it works for all.