Evil hack or whackly bug...

Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 332Beta Tester
Whadafah... I shot at the enemy and he does this weird Alien man thing to avoid my bullets. First is in real time and it's so fast it's hard to tell what happened. The second time through is in slow motion and you can clearly see him transform into Alien man and then back.
Is this one evil hack or, a real whacky bug???

product-image-230368610_300x300.jpg

Comments

• -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,451Player
    edited May 2017
    bug.png 924.3K
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • CaterPCaterP Posts: 190Developer
    This is our Alien: Covenant crossover special!
  • =IK=Juggernaut=IK=Juggernaut Posts: 69Player
    It's a bug.... about to burst from his chest...
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,606Beta Tester
    That UMM is bugged in the Fireteam Manager setup. Weapon selection is all from the top rifleman slot and causes Alien Man right at spawn.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,451Player
    This happens on official maps also.
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    That's what happens when an animation breaks.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

I mentioned somewhere that since each Alien appears the same and not a random shape that it must be something very specific and therefore very reverse engineerable...
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,191Player
    I'll never forget one time..I was playing in a UMM and Sgt_Mac turned into one of them weird alien things.. was something to do with bugges weapon loadouts we believed and he was walking (if you can call it that) around the map like nothing was wrong, I was literally pissing myself laughing at his twisted up.. T-2000.. rubber banding character, wobbling around the map :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• -ew.raw--ew.raw- Posts: 173Player
    Urban assault....... :(
    1409304775_2240089.gif

AA2 2005 - 2015
    AA:PG 2015-
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 646Player
    normally happens when they have wrong sights selected on weapons , see it a lot at spawn
  • Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 332Beta Tester
    lobo, I too have seen it at spawn. But this is the first time I've seen it happen mid stride while being fired on. The hit box deforms to match the alien man's exact outline too. (We've tested this.)
    product-image-230368610_300x300.jpg
    There IS no 'hitbox'.....it's based on a shell of sorts attached in near approximation to the character mesh. Apparently it deforms to match Quasimodo there?
    ______

• -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,572Player
    Someone has told about this in another thread.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 646Player
    did you know the player in question ? , have they done it again ? would be a hard 1 to say unless they can toggle it on and off
    Heh heh, Lobo...the other player was ME. :)
    ______