America’s Army: Proving Grounds deploys on PS4 this summer

12346»

Comments

• Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    I just tried the game, kept failing trying to get into a match too. How do you try this "port" thing?

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Honestly, just stand by until the patch tomorrow goes out. Things are super rough right now with the matchmaking. We're going to get that fixed asap.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• .XFi^BouRne!.XFi^BouRne! Posts: 22Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    There are problems right now. Hopefully we'll have a patch in the morning and dedicated servers soon thereafter. That will help greatly with performance and connections. Try port 8765

Thanks Tots, is that UDP, TCP? or Both?
    ss_4_.XFi%5EBouRne%21.png
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    I'm honestly not sure, that's just what I heard from our programmer earlier. Can't go wrong with both? I'll talk to him in the AM about it.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

TheTots wrote: »
    I'm honestly not sure, that's just what I heard from our programmer earlier. Can't go wrong with both? I'll talk to him in the AM about it.

Ok I opened both UDP and TCP port 8765. Also put my PS4 in DMZ, but still having a lot of trouble connecting to matches. I wanted to give you a heads up, if you happen to be chosen as the host of the P2P match you will experience a lot of performance issues during gameplay.

My buddy and 14 other players seemed to be playing fine, but as the host I was playing almost at frame by frame. I'm sure when you introduce the dedicated servers these issues will get resolved, but wanted to give you my two cents.
  • Howie_MunsonHowie_Munson Posts: 60Player
    I dont have a PS4 yet...but does "Open beta" mean that I can just download it from the...Playstation Store or something like that ?
  • Shakey.Shakey. Posts: 5Player
    I dont have a PS4 yet...but does "Open beta" mean that I can just download it from the...Playstation Store or something like that ?

yeah just search for it in the store and download it.

Yup! And you don't even need a PS Now (or whatever it is called) subscription. :)

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
    Two words after installing the 1.01 update on PS4: "Join Failed"
    Two words after installing the 1.01 update on PS4: "Join Failed"

That's for the next patch. :)

ss_4_Root-Access.png
  • Fara420Fara420 Posts: 11Player
    Will lunch in south america?
  • adviseJunKadviseJunK Posts: 4Player
    I looked on The ps store for the game and i couldn't find it.
    Is it launched for europe?
  • m_hermannm_hermann Posts: 628Moderator
    +JunK+ wrote: »
    I looked on The ps store for the game and i couldn't find it.
    Is it launched for europe?

North America only, so far. Once the platform is stable, I think that there are future roll-outs intended.
  • adviseJunKadviseJunK Posts: 4Player
    Ok Ty. I can't wait to play The game. I was on A deployment in Africa voor 5 months and My laptop died overthere... so problably i Will buy myself A new laptop and stay on The pc version.
  • Why can't we play in Europa
  • [FOX]Kamjam21xx[FOX]Kamjam21xx Posts: 122Player
    Is there any way you would ever consider approving specific map makers for the ps4? i wouldnt mind adding all the culling, texture downscaling, audio format, and making LOD models or splitting my models up. if thats all it takes.

I saw another post specifically about this a while ago, but i cant find it now.
  • Ir0nwulfIr0nwulf Posts: 1Player
    Any chance this will be released in the Australian PlayStation Store?