America’s Army: Proving Grounds deploys on PS4 this summer

TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
America’s Army: Proving Grounds Coming to PS4

We are pleased to announce that we are bringing AA:PG to the console world once again!

Our PS4 version will be in open beta soon, and with a full launch planned this summer. We have made a number of changes to make this the best playing America's Army game on console yet.

Maps will all support 8v8 combat and all weapons traits, UI, and gameplay has been adapted specifically for the PS4.

Play during our open beta period to get a first look at Sandstorm before it comes to PC!

m53q3naj4h7e.png
The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

Comments

• Twitchr.Carbon8Twitchr.Carbon8 Posts: 284Player
    edited May 2017
    Cool thats its coming to ps4... but timed exclusives kinda suck. Is there a technical reason for that.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Sandstorm is being released as part of a larger pack on PC, so it just worked out nicely that we could get that one map on PS4 first. The rest of the map pack is going to be PC only, and is planned for this summer. More details on that pack to come soon. Two of the maps are done, one is nearly done, and one is still in art.

• -=[VGO]=-mmchaos-=[VGO]=-mmchaos Posts: 81Moderator
    BOOM... looking forward to it.
    test-tag.jpg
  • Twitchr.Carbon8Twitchr.Carbon8 Posts: 284Player
    edited May 2017
    Very excited for the map pack. The rationale makes sense, thanks Tots.

Sandstorm is so awesome. We finally get to see how sound in a new landscape. Reminds me of ace clutching during CAL finals like 10 years ago. Sorry for crap quality (@59 sec)

• SFC-J.Rizzo[3rdID]SFC-J.Rizzo[3rdID] Posts: 80Player
    Soooo we get more maps, which is cool an all but.. what about more optimization? or maybe having a medical class/Special Forces like AA2
    J.Rizzo.jpg

• Hc|CAPTAIN(HUN)Hc|CAPTAIN(HUN) Posts: 103Player
    lol xD April fools came late this year ..

Hc|Captain(HUN) -
  • -R@MPAGE--R@MPAGE- Posts: 150Player
    Hmm seems very interesting. Good work devs by bringing us something new. While it wasn't quite what the community was looking for, I personally am a fan of some different content. Maybe by bringing this to console gaming, you can attract some more attention to the franchise and try expanding the brand.

Good stuff! Do we have a date to look out for the beta to be dropped for PS4?
    We are in the cert process right now, so depending on how long that back and forth process takes.
    I'm hoping for an early summer beta.

• ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 1,938Player
    edited May 2017
    Is there going to be anything new with this PS4 release or is it just a direct port of the current game with new maps? BTW, 8v8 on PC please. I'd actually reinstall the game if 8v8 and AA2 maps came back :lol:
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    PS4 is 8v8 only. Content wise it's the same as PC, though not launching with as many maps. We've redesigned the UI, weapon behavior, added in aim assist, etc.

edited May 2017
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    BTW, 8v8 on PC please. I'd actually reinstall the game if 8v8 and AA2 maps came back :lol:

X2

Yes please
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,163Player
    Cool! I have many friends and family who exclusively play on the PS4 Console, (they have often tried to get me to join them but I've always been too happy to stick with PC, especially for FPS games) but I'll for sure be telling them to try out AAPG! I think this is a great move, I see big potential for outreach which can only help the brand, even the PC version in some ways, both now and hopefully the future.

I'd ask how much it's gonna cost but that'd probably be a stupid question. Also, I hope you are sneaking in a disclaimer saying game is also available (and better) on PC :mrgreen:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,163Player
    Thinking about it, is it going to be available to Europe, Asia etc..?
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• [Dev]Rawrster[Dev]Rawrster Posts: 328Developer
    edited May 2017
    U.S. first. Europe shortly thereafter. China and Japan have a whole lot more hurdles and requirements so that is looking unlikely at the moment. Other Asian countries and Australia are a go though.

And yes, still 100% free. PS+ Members will get some bonus content in terms of some unlocked weapon skins that you (Uni-Sol) may find very familiar.
    Great stuff devs. Really looking forward to it.
  • -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-ACI--[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-ACI- Posts: 360Beta Tester
    Great News for our grandkids B)

Glad to see this happening!!
    One day I will graduate noob school!!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

• ddra-ddra- Posts: 453Player
    So this is what you guys have been up to.
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 718Player
    Well, im going to try it out anyways. Since im a fan of ps4 I couldnt ignore this.

Over 1.1k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • SeVn.MaxSeVn.Max Posts: 229Player
    Aapg deserves, great choice. =)
  • Gronfather@twitchGronfather@twitch Posts: 466Player
    Hmmm, for some god known reason I am....interested?