Vote Kick is now enabled on Official servers

13»

Comments

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    The system isn't fast enough.
    Don't know the time but Ner0 probably is correct with the 55 seconds and that seems pretty fast to me.

So when you're saying the system isn't fast enough that must mean that there are actually cases where you need to kick someone who was idling less than 55 seconds. I don't know about you but sitting in a bush for less than a minute seems reasonable to me and is in no way kick-worthy. Besides that you'll still need about 10 people or something voting "yes" on a full server. Do you really expect all of those people to notice one guy clearly (as in not camping) being idle? It's your minor or apparently major annoyance that you have to wait another 20 seconds for the system to kick in and the only way around it currently, is having players blindly voting "yes" for you to be happy. I don't really have to explain why this not the intended use for the votekick option, do I?
    What you are complaining about is the potential that some bush baby camper unwilling to do objectives or help the team is going to get kicked because others don't like his gaming style.
    It's not "COULD", it's not rare at all, I've seen it abused plenty of times in that fashion, in fact way more than proper use.
    Yes, it COULD happen, but you can't let a good system that allows people to kick idiots, rule breakers and idlers just because it COULD or CAN be abused by a very small amount of people.
    This is about removing the "idle" option from votekicks, not about removing votekicks in general, although I'm all for it and I'm positive my Youtube channel offers enough proof.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited May 2017
    I doubt they'd go back to the same server after getting kicked for playing the game (however they choose to play). I know I wouldn't go back. This is a matter of being responsible when voting and from experience asking multiple people who are given such power to be responsible and mature enough to use the voting system correctly, and for the right reasons.. well, that's pot luck.

Does the game discount an auto idle timer kick if the player has moved from round start? if so I see why people would want to kick a truly idle player (as in he is AFK), For example if I start the round, kill someone but my doorbell/phone rings so I have to become AFK, so sit my soldier still in a bush (for X minutes) .. will I be immune to an auto idling kick because I've been active in that round?

If so, should I be kicked? maybe and for a legit AFK, I'd understand the kick if I was. Camping (or tactical defending) is not AFK!
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    edited May 2017
    Does the game discount an auto idle timer kick if the player has moved from round start? if so I see why people would want to kick a truly idle player (as in he is AFK), For example if I start the round, kill someone but my doorbell/phone rings so I have to become AFK, so sit my soldier still in a bush (for X minutes) .. will I be immune to an auto idling kick because I've been active in that round?

That's a good point I haven't even thought about. I'm not familiar with UE3 performance and obviously don't know how the automated system is implemented but I can't see why setting and clearing timers every now and then should be heavy on performance which would be the only reason to not set new timers throughout the round.
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,576Player
    Does the game discount an auto idle timer kick if the player has moved from round start?
    Yes, you will be kicked after 55 second idle even if you have been active in the same round.

HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • UndertowUndertow Posts: 1Player
    I just wanna say this does not bode well for players who play well or luckily enough to be on the receiving end of cheat accusations and are subsequently removed from a server for doing nothing wrong. People blindly and often without consideration or care, vote yes when a vote is called, just for the sake of it. Believe it or not, officials were a safe place for players who can't find a place on private servers through either skill level, differing attitudes, latency or just generally didn't fit playing anywhere else.

I'm sure you have given this good thought and have good reasoning but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed by the decision to reinstate the votekicks, but seen as I'm a bit part player these days.. and the fact it's not my game, I really have no right to a say :(

When I do play.. I suppose there's always the few private servers that don't discriminate I guess :mrgreen:

This makes me laugh because everything you said has been happening to me. Not just that but people have grief team killing me and people have gotten on my team just to team kill me. Usually when this happens it's when I'm doing really well in the game and someone decides that they don't want me in the server anymore because they think i cheat even though i don't or just jealousy. This has been happening since vote kicking started and the team killing has been happening for the past year. There was even a player who made a statement in game saying that I personally called the developers but that "they don't listen to me anyways." Can you believe it, a guy in the server who supposedly is friends with one of the developers has said this?
  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    Undertow, you know you don't get kicked for "being too good". Come on now.
    This is about removing the "idle" option from votekicks, not about removing votekicks in general, although I'm all for it and I'm positive my Youtube channel offers enough proof.

Oh, well then, I must have misunderstood something along the way.

Well I'd be against removing it again. A certain clan has been coming to the Outdoor maps US server going on a hacking spree and a ghosting spree. Votekick has managed to save the games from being too ruined by hackers, griefers, idle players, bush monkeys who refuse to help or generally abusive players, especially verbally. A few examples of abuse, as I previously stated, should not be a reason to remove a feature that overall benefits the game. It makes absolutely no sense.

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 768Player
    edited June 2017
    I made a good use of votekick yesterday. Kicked a griefer. It can be good and bad. Depends how many people you play with are online with you and how many griefers as well. New players dont pay attention to it or don't recognise griefing or just don't vote, so sometimes kicking griefers/hackers is hard.

Over 1.4k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • -=HardcoreS1n=--=HardcoreS1n=- Posts: 4Player
    edited September 2017
    "Vote Kick is now enabled on Official Servers" - and this really helpful option is often abused for several purposes.

Whether you want to get rid of an E1 or create space for your own friends, a simple vote kick and everything is possible.

New E1 / PVT's players are gettin kicked by voting from higher ranks, so the higher ranks can play together undisturbed (all this happens on the official EU servers and it's a shame that after all the big words here in this thread obviously no one cares about this existing problem ).

Another problem: good players are getting kicked by purpose - a simple "witchhunt vote kick " - as supposed cheater - does the job.

correct me if im wrong but witch hunting seems to be anyway the deeper sense of this game?? (sarcasm off) :o

It is not always easy for new E1/PVT´s to find a starting point in this game. This is not facilitated by "technical downward bullying". if for example a SMA or higher rank turns out a little fun and plays with a smurf account , you can almost bet that you havent to wait longer then a minute until the witchhunt start.

"Vote Kick" is a great option but its also like a grenade in a childs hand.

In my case this means: I will look for another game, because it is just annoying to see these kick orgies or even become - as a PVT- a victim of this since some gamer with higher ranks like to abuse this function.

• Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 644Player
    Sweet necro.
  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    @-=HardcoreS1n=-

Just because something can be abused, and is actually a minority problem, doesn't mean it should be removed. The benefits far out weigh the negatives. They'll kick if you are blocking, shooting team mates, acting like a racist jerk (which happens all the time), abusing chat (like playing music or screaming into it) and hacking/exploiting. Most people aren't going to kick you to make room for friends or just because you are E1 rank.

I've played hundreds and hundreds of hours, on and off official servers. I've seen that happen very, very rarely. It's even rarer now, unless you are on a player server with people who put friends/clan above others, then it happens all the time but that's their server and they can rule it how they like.

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • -=HardcoreS1n=--=HardcoreS1n=- Posts: 4Player
    edited September 2017
    TheTots wrote: »
    Vote kicking should be reserved for times when someone is breaking the AA:PG rules.
    http://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/4077/aa-pg-in-game-tos

Vote kick is not for:
    • Making room for a friend
    • Removing someone you dislike
    • Griefing of any kind

We have a zero tolerance policy going forward to vote kick abuse. The system, when used properly, is going to be a great boon to our community.

I agree with "TheTots" so far: The system, when used properly, is going to be a great boon to our community. But if you - literally said- calling an angel, the devil isnt that far away.

All I'm saying is that abuse is taking place here. You can find this out by yourself, join that official EU Outdoor Server in the evening hours using an E1/PVT account, behave like "fresh meat" and i bet that the kick vote will come within minutes.

Talking about gaming hours: I play this game more than 1000 hours, I think I can distinguish between random legitimate kick votes and abusing a game function; -)

.. the abusers are mostly the same persons with the same reasons:

to make room for friends or clan members on an official (!) server. As mentioned, the usual witch hunt is part of this bad scenario.

One lucky shot will put the fresh meet in the spotlight of those self-proclaimed witch hunters and "cheat experts" (facepalm- witch hunting season is opened again ) and it will only take seconds that someone will call you a cheater over VOIP.

Since there is NO AdmIn on those official servers i think this kind of abusing cant be stopped.

...and after several abuse reports and no positive result, I cant see any interest of the game operator (sorry)
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,612Beta Tester
    The problem is abuse report response times, not vote kick. Don't know what's going on there.

Unfortunately. :(
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • Keebler750 wrote: »
    The problem is abuse report response times, not vote kick. Don't know what's going on there.

Unfortunately. :(

thanks for the info @Keebler750
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,612Beta Tester
    It wasn't info. It was a personal opinion.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • [EF]=JAY=[EF]=JAY= Posts: 114Player
    edited September 2017
    "Vote Kick is now enabled on Official Servers" - and this really helpful option is often abused for several purposes.

Whether you want to get rid of an E1 or create space for your own friends, a simple vote kick and everything is possible.

New E1 / PVT's players are gettin kicked by voting from higher ranks, so the higher ranks can play together undisturbed (all this happens on the official EU servers and it's a shame that after all the big words here in this thread obviously no one cares about this existing problem ).

Another problem: good players are getting kicked by purpose - a simple "witchhunt vote kick " - as supposed cheater - does the job.

correct me if im wrong but witch hunting seems to be anyway the deeper sense of this game?? (sarcasm off) :o

It is not always easy for new E1/PVT´s to find a starting point in this game. This is not facilitated by "technical downward bullying". if for example a SMA or higher rank turns out a little fun and plays with a smurf account , you can almost bet that you havent to wait longer then a minute until the witchhunt start.

"Vote Kick" is a great option but its also like a grenade in a childs hand.

In my case this means: I will look for another game, because it is just annoying to see these kick orgies or even become - as a PVT- a victim of this since some gamer with higher ranks like to abuse this function.

Hello

You are welcome to come play on the EF server .
    its based in the EU, no votekick, and we are very slow with the ban button ;D

Hope to see you soon.

Steam Name:[EF]=Jay=
    [EF] =Elite Fighters=
    Server IP:82.255.178.154:7778
    b_560_95_1.png