Vote Kick is now enabled on Official servers

TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
As many of you are aware we disabled the Vote Kick option on Official servers a while back due to systemic abuse. We feel like its removal is having a negative effect now and want to give our players some agency back.

Vote kicking should be reserved for times when someone is breaking the AA:PG rules.
http://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/4077/aa-pg-in-game-tos

Vote kick is not for:
• Making room for a friend
• Removing someone you dislike
• Griefing of any kind

We have a zero tolerance policy going forward to vote kick abuse. The system, when used properly, is going to be a great boon to our community.
The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

Comments

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,186Player
    edited April 2017
    I just wanna say this does not bode well for players who play well or luckily enough to be on the receiving end of cheat accusations and are subsequently removed from a server for doing nothing wrong. People blindly and often without consideration or care, vote yes when a vote is called, just for the sake of it. Believe it or not, officials were a safe place for players who can't find a place on private servers through either skill level, differing attitudes, latency or just generally didn't fit playing anywhere else.

I'm sure you have given this good thought and have good reasoning but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed by the decision to reinstate the votekicks, but seen as I'm a bit part player these days.. and the fact it's not my game, I really have no right to a say :(

When I do play.. I suppose there's always the few private servers that don't discriminate I guess :mrgreen:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Where's the like buttons we've been promised ages ago. I really wanna dislike this :(
  • Twitchr.Carbon8Twitchr.Carbon8 Posts: 289Player
    Awesome, this is a great direction IMO.
  • -hyperlite--hyperlite- Posts: 102Player
    Can you elaborate on the zero tolerance policy. You currently have the f6 option for abuse but that leads to nothing.
    If you were to spell out the consequences for votekick abuse I could possibly believe that some follow through might actually happen. This just looks like propaganda just like the abuse report.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,438Player
    This is needed from the post I have seen since it was removed.
    Good decision dev's.
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,572Player
    I'm sure most kicks will be unfair kicks like before. Why should people suddenly change behavior.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • -[iG]-Leketiskis-[iG]-Leketiskis Posts: 127Player
    I know its very hard thing, but if at one point you guys would decide to make voting fair, there should be added weight of kick powers to players. It's unfair that people don't have equal rights, but it would be better that voting power is earned with gaming time. Like Voting for president, you have to be 18 or whatever depending on country. here in game you earn kick voting powers with specific rank, like PVT2 or so :) for new guys everyone look like cheater :)
  • PromiseOfHopePromiseOfHope Posts: 13Player
    That explains it, then. Thanks! I logged into an official server and played two rounds with some lower levels when all of a sudden I got kicked out. I never said a word on voice, text, and didn't hit a teammate once. Good to know the community is already back to their ways of abusing the feature.
    144Hz ROG, i7 5960X, 64GB DDR4 2666, TITAN X, PM961
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,186Player
    edited April 2017
    That explains it, then. Thanks! I logged into an official server and played two rounds with some lower levels when all of a sudden I got kicked out. I never said a word on voice, text, and didn't hit a teammate once. Good to know the community is already back to their ways of abusing the feature.

You aint seen nothin yet..

Wait till you get clans taking over official servers, kicking out anyone who joins, so they can have it to themselves and their buddies.. yep, that's always a real blast.

.. having a go at a fellow player for teamkilling you, whom then starts a vote against you, simply becuase he can.. others on the server who now have the magic power of saying yes, follow suit.. results in you getting kicked and for what? yep, defending yourself.

VK's were/are a scourge, an incurable disease, which spreads like a plague. I want to say try it, Start a vote on someone, 9/10 times you can sit back and watch the drones hit that yes button, like it's fun.. like it's the ONLY option, but don't, seriously, simply watch it happen to others.

It's gonna get abused, just like players are by it.. no two ways about it. It's rather sad really. Yeah it's good to be able to rid the server of a real scumbag, to not have to type out a time consuming, frankly silly abuse report that you have no idea got acknowledged and/or even dealt with, but hey them kinda people were usually nothing the mute function wouldn't sort out.

Real surprised by this turn of events, I have to say. A little shocked even.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    edited April 2017
    There is good and there is bad with this. I can take the bad if I can get the good. Too many times have the official servers been assaulted by trolls who kill teammates or just sit in spawn idling. Then there are the obvious hackers, and I don't mean people with high scores, but those who are shooting through walls, speed crawling (happens ALL of the time), shoot through rocks and hills etc.

Hopefully it will not be abused though and people start kicking people just because they don't like them or have suspicions or want the slot (clan abuse).

Perhaps there is something they can do to the feature itself? Perhaps have it check if the player's ping is high, they have negative actions under them for the match (shooting teamates etc) before the vote kick actually works? Like it basically checks if it is legit or just abuse?

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 549Beta Tester
    Perhaps there is something they can do to the feature itself? Perhaps have it check if the player's ping is high, they have negative actions under them for the match (shooting teamates etc) before the vote kick actually works? Like it basically checks if it is legit or just abuse?

I'm not a good programmer, but I'm pretty sure you can't write some AI for this. What if he is just blocking? What if he is spamming Voip? You can't write a logic for these (well, it might be possible, but it's well beyond what a VK system should take), so...

At first I was happy about this change, but your comments got me worried. (Unfortunately I'm not able to see it for myself right now.) I'm still crossing my fingers that this will turn out good, because I remember sitting powerless against cheaters/griefers enough times. (Yes, I did fill the abuse report, but that doesn't solve the issue instantly... A couple of minutes is just enough for the abuser to make people leave.) Maybe I'm just too naive, but hope dies last.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    We will be watching for VK abuse. Report it when it happens. If possible include names, the server, and the approximate time.

Players who abuse VK will be banned.

This is a trial. If it becomes an abusive situation again it takes minutes to disable it.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

edited April 2017

I'm not a good programmer, but I'm pretty sure you can't write some AI for this. What if he is just blocking? What if he is spamming Voip? You can't write a logic for these (well, it might be possible, but it's well beyond what a VK system should take), so...

At first I was happy about this change, but your comments got me worried. (Unfortunately I'm not able to see it for myself right now.) I'm still crossing my fingers that this will turn out good, because I remember sitting powerless against cheaters/griefers enough times. (Yes, I did fill the abuse report, but that doesn't solve the issue instantly... A couple of minutes is just enough for the abuser to make people leave.) Maybe I'm just too naive, but hope dies last.

Obviously not for things like that, but I find it hard to believe it "impossible" to script something that at least checks to see if that person is actively breaking some of the physical rules like shooting at teammates or just sitting in one spot. For the later we technically already have a code for it (kicks them to spec). The same for ping, really.

The point is to rule out players who definitely should not be kicked. That way when some jerks vote kick him using their clan the script at least checks to see if they fulfill any of the abuses or rules required for an honest kick. It will make it harder for abuse.

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
    TheTots wrote: »
    We will be watching for VK abuse. Report it when it happens. If possible include names, the server, and the approximate time.

This is a trial. If it becomes an abusive situation again it takes minutes to disable it.

The young and salty version of me would've definitely used this actively to get some people banned. Not sure if that's a good thing either, there are already people making second accounts just for hackusations. I still could name a few players off the top of my head that would abuse vk against me, so am I supposed to just get them banned? I'd rather just have them stop than being the reason for their ban.
  • Foutre?!Foutre?! Posts: 713Player
    Vote kick is not for:
    • Making room for a friend
    • Removing someone you dislike
    • Griefing of any kind

We have a zero tolerance policy going forward to vote kick abuse.

Then you need to have the official AAPG Admins in the server 24/7, because it will be these rules that will be broken the second they join the server and know they have the ability to kick. I can promise that this "trial" will be a big failure, specially to the people that join official servers because they get banned on regular servers.
    I played about fifteen matches tonight, twelve of them on official servers. Not a single abuse yet. However, one guy I played with said that he got forced kicked by a clan so apparently the clans are loving this to get into servers and keep them.

ss_4_Root-Access.png
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 751Player

You know thats not enough.
    The support tickets are not even close to be enough t ocontain the rule breakers...

Over 1.3k Golden Hawkeyes.
    I played about fifteen matches tonight, twelve of them on official servers. Not a single abuse yet. However, one guy I played with said that he got forced kicked by a clan so apparently the clans are loving this to get into servers and keep them.

They don't know yet since barely anyone reads this forum. Give it some time and the good old abuse will be back.
  • [kT]Dominus[kT]Dominus Posts: 85Player

Did you play when the vote kicks were enabled? Almost all good players were booted regularly
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,572Player

Did you play when the vote kicks were enabled? Almost all good players were booted regularly

Yes, he did. Some like vote kicks, many don't.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.