Opt-In Test 4 Starts Friday!

Comments

• -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,566Player
    Text Chat:
    If you write something when the round ends your message will be auto posted even if you are in the middle of a writing.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • SxerksSxerks Posts: 17Player
    Anyone have some screenshots of the opt-in, like the launcher, some in-game UI elements and the F1,F2,TAB and match over screens?
    -
    I'm going on vacation tomorrow and thought I would be able to at least play it for a short time but....
    I started downloading the op-it this morning at 9 and it was going to take about 8 hours. About 4 hours in I paused it, since it was using all my bandwidth, and when I resumed it restarted at back at zero. Was there a small patch that disrupted it?
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    that HOOAH jelly

• Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    edited June 2015
    When you are writing it will automatically post it when the round ends, when the round starts, when the loadout screen loads, when you get killed and when you get revived. Also, on map "Siege" I was playing with some people and one of the enemies was revived on the spot I highlighted below and fell through into the ground and couldn't do anything.

Also, chat freezes me/locks me in place like crazy. Can't do anything when it happens, like open the menu. Only chat and console.
    g3sksUW.jpg
    Sxerks wrote: »
    Anyone have some screenshots of the opt-in, like the launcher, some in-game UI elements and the F1,F2,TAB and match over screens?
    -
    I'm going on vacation tomorrow and thought I would be able to at least play it for a short time but....
    I started downloading the op-it this morning at 9 and it was going to take about 8 hours. About 4 hours in I paused it, since it was using all my bandwidth, and when I resumed it restarted at back at zero. Was there a small patch that disrupted it?
    _
    I took some screenshots in-game, menus, hud etc etc. I'll post newer shots instead:
    HUDS, menus etc
    RTJHFky.png
    HXN9C6r.png
    wK8uaV3.png
    hsLaQ8I.png
    rlpgvdW.jpg
    NSBjlqk.jpg
    JyyafPZ.png
    In-game shots (low graphical settings)
    NSBjlqk.jpg
    RkNzOXv.jpg
    yfi5Xsu.jpg
    _
    As for the rest of your post, not sure. It might have had something to do with you pausing it.

EDIT

Uploaded the images. Enjoy. :)

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • Sick_DuckerSick_Ducker Posts: 43Player
    been downloading for 5 hours, still 4 hours left of download, any chance this opt-in can be extended at least a day, the opt-in is already short enough for trying to get a feel of things, just dont want to spend 9 hours of downloading for 2-3 hours of play
    DoGo+ wrote: »
    You see the particular pixels at the edge and they dance very fast like John Travolta
  • =IK=.Scooby=IK=.Scooby Posts: 119Player
    You downloaded it for nothing anyway, it appears, Status.
    -
    at 9:30/10pm central standard time there was all of 22 people playing the opt in. On a Saturday night.
    -
    Just got off the game right now playing with 3 other people(and a 4th spectator), with no one else in any other server..so at midnight-1am on a Saturday(well, now Sunday) there was 5 total people(counting myself, and really only 4 seeing as Rip was spectating/wasn't actually there) playing the opt in.
    -
    Even yesterday at mid day and night time I don't think I personally saw a time with more than 60 online. No idea what the total number of players is going to be for this, but I'm sure it's going to be astronomically low. Don't know what's caused the sudden decrease.
    edited June 2015
    Yup, great Opt-in, not enough people. I was playing yesterday morning, early morning, and the most it had was six players total. Before that, five. I haven't seen it go over that.
    _
    I think it is due to people not wanting to download the data just to play for a few days, as well as the fixes/changes. They probably don't want them or want to play at the current game a bit longer.
    _
    When exactly does Opt-in changes generally take place across the game?

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Putting it out during the Steam Sale certainly didn't help us. Hopefully we still get enough data to make this a useful weekend though!
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

Well to fix that you could always keep the opt-in going for a few more days. B)

ss_4_Root-Access.png
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 617Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    Putting it out during the Steam Sale certainly didn't help us.

The amount of players in the "normal" beta didnt changed significantly because of the steam sale ;)

How about a force-in for all instead of a opt-in for some!? I didnt even thought about optin-in this time because i dont want to play alone again like at the last one.

AAPG is good!
    Yea, it would be neat if it were a forced opt-in for a few days. No one could complain because it is beta and they haven't bought it. Besides, they'd love if they knew more than 4 people were playing. :)

ss_4_Root-Access.png
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,530Beta Tester
    edited June 2015
    I'd like to see a survey of people's internet. I've seen not just me, but others with terrible internet and can't afford the time or the data throughput. I hope that's not something that's been limiting the Opt-Ins.

I found a way to only spend $35 and 4 hours to download the 'free' Opt-In
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    Well I certainly don't have a data cap, so I downloaded it fairly quickly. Though a lot of players have 200+ ping I suspect they live in places that either have extreme data caps here in the USA or across sea, where the internet is pretty wonky the way I understand it?

ss_4_Root-Access.png
  • Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 319Beta Tester
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    I'd like to see a survey of people's internet. I've seen not just me, but others with terrible internet and can't afford the time or the data throughput. I hope that's not something that's been limiting the Opt-Ins.

I found a way to only spend $35 and 4 hours to download the 'free' Opt-In

Yeah, I hear you. Lots of coffee shops and malls advertise “Free WiFi”. However, speeds are throttled and time/gigs capped to stop people from doing exactly what we who do not have access to acceptable, reliable high speed connections use their free service for.
    556127a3323e2cfd0355aaa34b6e0b63-full.jpg
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,530Beta Tester
    I live 10 miles outside of a very populous corridor in Canada. Rural internet here is the wonkiest I've heard of anywhere. I wish we still had America's Army disks available in local stores like the old days....!!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    Maybe you can get a friend to download it and move it to a USB and then to your computer? I do that with Skyrim and stuff, works great.

ss_4_Root-Access.png
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 977Moderator
    edited June 2015
    .. or across sea, where the internet is pretty wonky the way I understand it?
    wonky net is a US thing ;)
    Theres a couple of big hubs in the Chicago area that uses carrier pigeons internally, blind pigeons, judging by the number of packets that gets lost at times.
    Try out "PingPlotter" for a while, set it to ping your favorite server while you play, and hope that you dont get routed through cogentco(n) to much.
    ss_4_frankof.png
    Well our internet is bad but from what I understand European internet is almost entirely worse than ours. At least that's what I hear from the Euro players. We get overpriced but I always thought we had a better connection?

The things you learn everyday. haha

ss_4_Root-Access.png
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 977Moderator
    Well our internet is bad but from what I understand European internet is almost entirely worse than ours. At least that's what I hear from the Euro players. We get overpriced but I always thought we had a better connection?

The things you learn everyday. haha
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Internet_connection_speeds
    http://www.netindex.com/download/allcountries/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_Broadband_Index
    Dont take my word for it ;)
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • SoldierBobSoldierBob Posts: 76Player
    I can't complain with my unlimited Euro connection :)

4432511738.png