Opt-In Test 4 Starts Friday!

Comments

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited June 2015
    DeltaKilo wrote: »
    We have thought about leaving it available and may do that in the future, but we don't want people getting attached to their stats b/c they will be zeroed at release.
    who cares about "losing" stats or exp? nobody should. this is clearly marked as a beta on steam. we're here to test a beta, that includes tweaks to stats, stat wipes.. "deal with it" is the appropriate response to people who would cry about beta stat wipes.
    I agree this is the whole point of a beta anyone playing a beta should understand stats get wiped when full release comes. You could leave optin 4 as an option for all forever...and then still have the current open beta. This way here if people don't want to download all the updates or what not if there would be very many they don't have too. But I am sure with all maps being available you will have some better numbers for sure.

Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• ddra-ddra- Posts: 453Player
    Looking forward to this.
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • =IK=.Scooby=IK=.Scooby Posts: 119Player
    edited June 2015
    Just now read all of the info and saw:
    On FLO_Watchdog_AC, Attack only needs to take 2 of the 3 objectives to Win.

95.gif
    -
    Glad BC's suggestion made it in. Will really change that map for the better.
    -
    Not sure about Xray being moved, but will obviously have to test and see on it. I felt making it 2/3 objectives was to make it a little more fair for assault and moving up x-ray could kinda ruin that balance, but obviously can't fully speak on that til I play it. Either way 2/3 objectives is a big step forward for the map and I feel this opt-in experience as a whole has shown you guys do listen to us a good amount, and that's appreciated.
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    *cough* who's suggestion?

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    lol shhfiftyfive's suggestion :disappointed:

Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

Was it originally yours? I heard BC bring it up during the last opt in then again on these forums.
    -
    I suggest a fight to the death for ownership of said idea.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited June 2015
    http://archive2.forum.americasarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=15088

The idea came up a long time ago. It very well may be even older than that and I could've heard it from shhfifty in TS or something first.

I'm just happy to see it getting tested.
  • {Armada}mango!{Armada}mango! Posts: 24Player
    What time can we expect the opt-in? :)
    What time can we expect the opt-in? :)

Same as the previous 3, 9am central standard time.
  • Bear_82Bear_82 Posts: 359Moderator
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    . . .
    Can you be specific about how to save the current game to move to a temp folder and back again? . . .
    wherever you have AAPG saved, copy the \Steam\Steamapps\common\America's Army folder to another location on your hard drive, and a desktop shortcut to the launcher (currently at):
    \Steam\Steamapps\common\America's Army\AAPG\Binaries\AALauncher32.exe

IO_i_OI wrote: »
    . . .
    What is a few GB? The opt-in or the reinstall of the current game?
    . . .
    both
    The right of the people to keep and arm bears shall not be infringed.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,594Beta Tester
    There's another method as well...

1) Steam Backup the current Open Beta

2) Opt-In and download

3) Play

3a) (save the Opt-In files ...the entire /AAPG folder ...if you want to explore it more later.)

4) Opt out

5) Steam Restore the Open Beta from where you backed it up.

6) (IF you saved the Opt-In files, you can still explore them or run a server from the proper /binaries/win32 folder)
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • DeltaKiloDeltaKilo Posts: 146Developer
    Opt-in is now available, you may have to restart Steam for it to show up.
  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    Downloaded the opt-in, game crashes immediately upon trying to launch. :(

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,117Beta Tester
    edited June 2015

Delete the ini files from config folder in documents and let the engine generate new ones.
  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player

Delete the ini files from config folder in documents and let the engine generate new ones.

That worked! And holy heck the new launcher looks badass!

Thanks so much. I really couldn't imagine not playing (have 200 hours!). B)

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,117Beta Tester
    My Pleasure! Have fun. :+1:
  • .dcG-Vortex^.dcG-Vortex^ Posts: 188Player
    edited June 2015
    http://prntscr.com/7g8grv

Look at that sexy fullscreen borderless window. Already love the opt-in and I have even played yet.
    Alt+Tab is now useable.

edit: also custom user made skins confirmed. examineweapon: http://prntscr.com/7g8j3t
    TheTots wrote:
    I think this thread has run it's course......
  • Sick_DuckerSick_Ducker Posts: 43Player
    I agree with the opt-in being extended whether its by a few days or until game release, whatever would be nice for me, at 1.5mbps d/l it makes the 5 hours of downloading for 2-3 days play seem a bit excessive, I know most of you aren't living in the stone age, but up here in canada.. ehh!? couldn't get into work today my horse broke down.. ehh!?
    DoGo+ wrote: »
    You see the particular pixels at the edge and they dance very fast like John Travolta
  • vapor.ivapor.i Posts: 266Player
    This is the best opt in yet....great job!
    Sounds are more directional and immersive, the graphics look good and the response time between actions are more quick and precise.
    Bullet patterns are more spread and the recoil is a little much but overall....a breath of fresh air compared to the other 3 that I uninstalled in under an hour. I will stick this one out until monday, love it!

vip_spotted.jpg
    AA2 veteran player / fanboy
    Streaming my horrible gameplay daily! Twitch.tv/fodvapor
  • SOPMODSOPMOD Posts: 230Player
    I like all the sound changes so far. Directional sound seems to have improved.

I have some issues though.

- I'm getting alot more stutter this time. Don't know if it's just an unstable server/connection or something else.

- I threw a nade while walking forward and the throw arc seemed to have jumped upwards compared to a normal throw. Could be related to my first point.

- Still no audio device selection in the options.

- The text chat keeps getting worse with each optin.
    - It gets stuck and i can't type untill the next round starts
    - It automatically "enters" what i'm typing when a round starts or ends
    - basically 90% of the time it gets bugged, there are probably more causes to it than i can identify

- I was revived and afterwards i couldn't move at all untill the round ended. I could see a menu cursor on the screen. Maybe related to typing as I was trying to type "ty" while i was being revived but that failed also.

- The game keeps getting darker with each optin or am i imagining it? Was max gamma lowered?

----
    If this optin does end up staying unlocked please patch the textchat, it's frustratingly bad, almost unusable.
    And no i'm not going to start using voicechat. :)