Go camping this summer

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    You seem to be making up your own reality, Doogle...and pinning it on a supposed 'white knight'

The Devs do what the Army tells them to.

You literally have three options, all of which I've mentioned before:

1) Call the Department of the Army at the Pentagon and complain,

2) Make your own game, or

3) Play a different game.

It is reality. Don't blame me for pointing it out. Your impassioned pleas are not falling on deaf ears. They are falling on the WRONG ears.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,462Player
    Do you have the number for Department of the Army Keebler =) I am sick of waiting :p
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    1-888-550-ARMY (2769)
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    There are some lingering issues on PS4, mainly the party system, that we are crunching on right now.

I will do my best to give you an ETA on the summer update ASAP.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• doogle!doogle! Posts: 713Player
    Thank you for the update Tots.

Keeb - I've already emailed the powers that be in Huntsville. Crickets. The point is we're all adults and we don't have to act like everything is perfect. I'm 110% behind AAPG and only want it to succeed despite the perceived tone of my message.

Decisions for the direction of projects do not get made because some Colonel comes down and says do it. There are meetings, committees, boards, that sort of thing. Good leaders put feelers out there for feedback and are receptive towards that feedback. They consider all aspects and make a decision. Obviously, the Development team and AACM cannot and will not tell us they've argued with an O-6+ who has given them marching orders, and I'm not saying they need to let us in on those back office debates. What I'm imploring the AA Game team to do is continue to fight for their community as I know they do.

Transparency and honest answers are a huge step in the right direction as displayed in this thread and the weapons mod thread.

AACM: All this aside, what does it take to advertise on Steam? Are there barriers to the community itself funding adverts on the Steam platform? Obviously, we could do it ourselves on other grass roots sites, but I've always thought that advertising was one of the biggest downfalls of AAPG success.
    I aint seen AACMs on here for what seems like years. Tots himself seems to be handling all the community related stuff nowadays. I used to get excited when AACM Phoenix made a post since they were almost always game update related, he was like the bringer of good news.

Worth noting that AA was released in development stage, whilst that lent to customer feedback opportunity (helping shape it into the game it is today) I can't help but think some people wanted a perfect working AA2/3 successor, they saw that it wasn't quite what they wanted and subsequently left, but I do agree that advertising is crucial and although were assured that press packs were sent to all major gaming related outlets, it's ultimately down to them to publish, maybe they didn't see merit (or profit) in running AAPG back then? would they now? money makes the world go around I know that much and people are reluctant to do anything for nothing these days.

We can go around and around, throwing all the assumptions.. I just think people didn't warm to the early AAPG and even though it's got better, the damage is done.. think.. were playing an old game now, it's certainly not new anymore, advertisement has been missed.

Now PS4 has given them another bite of the apple with a completed AAPG, they have a new market and I'm sure a renewed passion.. lets hope it takes off and if so I'm sure we will all see the benefits of that console relationship, wether we play PC or PS4 (or both).

I wish AAPG good luck!

P.S watched a livestream YT video of a guy playing the PS4 version yesterday and saw my HEX skin on the M4! (as he was perusing the weapon select screen, not ingame) Now I know you've tinkered but man I'm glad you did! it looks freaking great! :+1:

Doogle, I am honestly glad you're committed, enthusiastic and fair. I think you'd be surprised how much I agree with your various points. I just understand the constraints, and the likelihood of changes based on posts here, or even in the Closed side. It is what it is, and I for one will hold out for the next level, should it ever come. (Please note that is NOT foreshadowing of any kind.)
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    edited July 2017
    When haven't they been honest about it? They said summer. It isn't the end of summer. They have told us why it is being delayed (PS4 issues) so how aren't they being honest etc?

EDIT

WHAT? The skins are actually out on the console?! OH MER GOSH!

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
    Keeb - this is what forums are for, discussion. Appreciate the banter. And thanks to the mods for not shutting me down like in years past. We're all on the same team ;)

Root - not just this particular update. There's a general lack of transparency...again, maybe due to the constraints of outside factors.

Of course, the complete opposite could also quell the discontent with being led along. I almost would rather be surprised that an update is here with a feature list a few days before public release, versus being promised it's coming "soon" for months and months.
    edited July 2017
    WHAT? The skins are actually out on the console?! OH MER GOSH!

From what I saw on the stream yeah! There's even a beta tester styled looking one. I'll try to find the video and link it.. then we can drool over 'em until we get 'em in our hands too :+1:

Edit

On mobile atm and dont know how to add timestamped vids.. but fast forward it to 4 mins :awesome:

• DOMINATION.DOMINATION. Posts: 84Player
    That hex skin looks great. Well done Uni
  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    Thanks for linking it Uni! That Hex skin looks so friggin' good! I can't wait until we finally get the skins! :D

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • {M.9}-Arko{M.9}-Arko Posts: 207Player
    I want to camp finally >:)
    I want to camp finally >:)

Listened to a podcast recently where the devs talked about AAPG (mainly about PS4) but they gave a lot of love for PC reiterating that we PC players may feel left out in the cold a little but it's not their intention, they said there were updates planned for PC but right now they were really keen on getting the PS4 connectivity and party systems ironed out. My guess is once all that's good and behind them, focus will be back on both versions.

Link to cast if you'd like a listen.. http://1moregaming.com/1mg-pod/1moregame-podcast-ep-8-interview-with-americas-army-proving-grounds-developer-casey-bradley/

I can't wait either..

That was a great podcast. Why didn't we have an official link to that?!
    ______

edited August 2017
    Yes, why wasn't this advertised?

The homage to PC starts at around the 50-minute mark. He says there is some cool stuff coming for PC. Not a very informative podcast for the AAPG vets, but interesting to hear some of the thought processes nonetheless. It was said many times that feedback is wanted and if the feedback is loud enough then changes could occur. There was also talk of it's hard to gather that feedback because there are so many different avenues to complain.

Offer a feedback survey at the main menu from time to time...semi-annually, whatever. Riot does it for League of Legends, and if players are invested in the game they'll complete it. It's ridiculous that you have to chase down feedback on Twitter, Facebook, AAPG Forums and Reddit.

A cringeworthy moment when the interviewers were talking about how well it's doing on PC, seemingly referencing strong numbers.
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 768Player
    i9.doogle wrote: »

The homage to PC starts at around the 50-minute mark. He says there is some cool stuff coming for PC. Not a very informative podcast for the AAPG vets, but interesting to hear some of the thought processes nonetheless. It was said many times that feedback is wanted and if the feedback is loud enough then changes could occur. There was also talk of it's hard to gather that feedback because there are so many different avenues to complain.

Offer a feedback survey at the main menu from time to time...semi-annually, whatever. Riot does it for League of Legends, and if players are invested in the game they'll complete it. It's ridiculous that you have to chase down feedback on Twitter, Facebook, AAPG Forums and Reddit.

A cringeworthy moment when the interviewers were talking about how well it's doing on PC, seemingly referencing strong numbers.

On beta we had better features than right now (when opening client showing news, scoreboards and others). I really don't understand why they decided to implement bad stuff and remove the goodies.

Over 1.4k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • Gronfather@TwitchGronfather@Twitch Posts: 466Player
    i9.doogle wrote: »

On beta we had better features than right now (when opening client showing news, scoreboards and others). I really don't understand why they decided to implement bad stuff and remove the goodies.

I've seen dev teams go both ways. Teams such as this, release a product that as we can see takes steps backwards which results in a very depleted playerbase. Instead of rolling back terrible updates and taking it on the chin the pride kicks in and your stuck with what we have now. Watched teams roll back updates and it's managed to save the game from becoming what we have now.

Didn't listen to the podcast but if what your saying is true someone is talking out there bum. 'Strong PC numbers?' .... come on.... 'Feedback is wanted?' You don't like the feedback we give! I've been on these forums far too long watching members try and try again to get things implemented that would help the game only to watch them never play again. The dev team does not want or need feedback, since day 1 it has been about what they want and what they think is best. Individuals with little or no FPS experience that bring on beta testers that only find collisions or bugs in the physical game. I've said it many times, I've yet to see a game other than this one to release such a promising beta only to trainwreck it themselves.

Feedback, something that has only got me warnings and muted on these forums for years.

To be fair, the Dev never said anything about PC doing well. The interviewers were the ones who alluded it to it based on the success of PS4.