Go camping this summer

Comments

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    Please Sir's.. Can we go camping yet?

Summer will soon be gone!
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• SeVn.MaxSeVn.Max Posts: 235Player
    ahhahIMG_8797.jpg
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 649Player
    come on guys give the devs a break , you know ps4 is more important :p
    PC = Past Caring :(

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    Simple solution...go buy a PS4.

(I won't be, however...)
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,460Player
    Better solution dev's give us the update as promised.
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • DOMINATION.DOMINATION. Posts: 84Player
    I remember hearing Sony are very particular about the state of a game before they allow it to go live. Maybe that's what is consuming the Devs. Be patient, I'm sure the studio is streched thinly
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,460Player
    Be patient I think we have been very patient.
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • SeVn.MaxSeVn.Max Posts: 235Player
    I remember hearing Sony are very particular about the state of a game before they allow it to go live. Maybe that's what is consuming the Devs. Be patient, I'm sure the studio is streched thinly

I understand this, it was just joking, waiting for 2 screnshoots :)
  • KodenKoden Posts: 284Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Simple solution...go buy a PS4.

(I won't be, however...)

I honestly appreciate the fact they choose PS4 over the Xbox. Actually, PS4 has several major interesting exclusives which make it worthy. I guess that's why Xbox doesnt sell as much.
    Derob6.jpg
    Maybe that's what is consuming the Devs. Be patient, I'm sure the studio is streched thinly

This. Think back to how long was the game in beta for PC.. they'll get back to PC soon enough. I may have been guilty of impatience in my prev comments.. my apologies. I know we ain't being forgotten about.

We gotta understand there are now two AAPG entities in the world and the PS4 version is brand new, infact just as new as AAPG was to us PC players all them years ago.

I reckon right now they are so busy making sure the game is good, proactively reacting to feedback as they get it and are certainly earning every penny of their pay checks.
    For that.. I'm willing to wait a little longer.. I for one reckon I at least owe them that courtesy.

• doogle!doogle! Posts: 710Player
    d311a817ba5e435c69cfb01eb8258c58--waiting-meme-waiting-for-you.jpg
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 766Player
    Yea I can wait a "bit longer" for the leaderboards, new maps, bug fixes as run and nade, etc..
    All good guys.

Over 1.4k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    In the time you've all been waiting, I assume you've taken some programming courses (which are really easy) so you can make your own, much better game (which is really easy!)

Ya...I think I'll just go make my own. Should be easy! I'll be taking applications for the following official job titles:

1) person who's good at drawing things

2) person who's good at making things

3) somebody who can write things

4) official complainer (so we don't need a forum)

5) someone to tell the others what their job should be

6) person good at finding money on the ground in parking lots

Frankly, if I can get one person to do ALL of those things, it will make a really tight successful team. The game will be just swell! I can feel it!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • [soldier][soldier] Posts: 136Player

I believe those jobs already have more than enough applicants, so you are already 1/3 on your way ;)
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 766Player
    In the time you've all been waiting, I assume you've taken some programming courses (which are really easy) so you can make your own, much better game (which is really easy!)

Ya...I think I'll just go make my own. Should be easy! I'll be taking applications for the following official job titles:

1) person who's good at drawing things

2) person who's good at making things

3) somebody who can write things

6) person good at finding money on the ground in parking lots

Frankly, if I can get one person to do ALL of those things, it will make a really tight successful team. The game will be just swell! I can feel it!

You don't see me post everyday, but Devs months but long months ago 'promised' stuff such as leaderboards, where are they? If they can't do everything don't promise to do it. They won't even share with us their plans (working on ps4). I could careless, now don't promise something for a week, and after a year we're still "waiting".
    I would be way more upset if this was my only game, but thankfully I have better tastes.

Over 1.4k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 710Player
    edited July 2017
    That is the lamest cop out. How many times have we heard a white knight on the forum say, "Well go make your own free game" as an excuse to the worst mismanagement (time, resources and communication) in Army Game history?

Granted, it's not on the Devs as software engineers/programmers. But their management team, their direction and their (lack of) interface with the customer (hint: us) is clearly some of the worst when you look at other F2P games all over the internet.

There was an article I read which said this:

"The game, which was released on PC in beta in August 2013 and in full in October 2015, has more than 1.3 million player accounts and 935 total years of play time."

If that doesn't highlight a problem to the powers that be when you consider the numbers here: http://steamcharts.com/app/203290#All, then AA management is the finest form of social welfare. But maybe they aren't stupid, considering the push towards PS4 and abandoning PC. They'll surely (probably, hopefully) grow their user base there.

I've played AA for over 14 years and am eternally grateful for every free second of it, even in its current state. I love the game and for the most part, I enjoy the community. But you can't possibly ignore the missteps in this era of AA. Or can you?

this-is-fine-meme-6-this.jpg

The bottom line is yes, we're all aware it's a free game and no, we cannot program something better. But what we can do (and have done) is moving on to other games. The management in Huntsville is playing "Czervenian" Roulette with their future working for the US Army. Although I would absolutely hate to see it, I would completely understand if the US government decided to cease funding to a game with "1.3 million player accounts" with an average player count of approximately 550. Then, they could just contract out the other work Army Game Studio does for the Army.

The best advice for the AACM and Dev Team moving forward is to provide as much transparency as corporate Army Game Studio will allow. It was a relief for the Dev in this thread to concede that PS4 was taking up much more time and resources than originally planned, thus pushing back the PC update. Bad news is still news, but at least we aren't twisting in the wind wondering if we've been forgotten about. No more "soon..." comments as if it's some sort of funny inside joke. Just the truth.

Keep chugging along AA, but for the love of Donald Trump don't forget about your ever-loyal PC community.
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,573Player
    Summer is long in Alabama.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    -Ner0- wrote: »
    Summer is long in Alabama.

Yup, same here. I don't call it the end of summer until late October. lol

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis