TWL League Season 2 - EU & NA Divisions OPEN

Comments

• Gronfather@TwitchGronfather@Twitch Posts: 466Player
    i9.doogle wrote: »
    When is TWL going to get a website again? Trying to follow the action via forums is painful. I mean I know there's no competition out there, but [TOS Violation]. It's like AAPG is stuck in this weird rut of leagues that refuse to have user friendly interfaces

You mean weird leagues that only have AAPG as a supported game?

• -pR|speT.-pR|speT. Posts: 59Player
    Hello Doogle,

The platform that you desire to follow the competitions is being developed as we speak, so we hope in a near future, that this isn't an issue anymore.

The EU divisions played last Sunday their first week, with a total of 10 matches, divided by 8 in the Open League, and 2 in the Invite League.

You can check the Ranking Table here:

https://teamwarfare.com/showthread.php?1561-League-Administration-Announcements

https://teamwarfare.com/showthread.php?1560-League-Administration-Announcements

We hope in the future to start announcing the TWL Cast, and much more.

Are you ready to fight?

btw...

Hey Gron... if you don't compete, if you don't care to compete, if you never made nothing to help the competition, if you probably barely play this game... why the [TOS Violation] you are still here? Or worst, talking? Are you that kind of guys that like to collect posts? You look like Justin Bieber... nobody cares, unless they are minor age. Bye man.
    PTranger Portuguese Rangers Founder
    TWL Teamwarfare Competition Director
    Mptgv3X.png
  • -[iG]-Leketiskis-[iG]-Leketiskis Posts: 127Player
    edited May 2017
    Hello,
    This is -[iG]-Leketiskis, I have been asked to help with predictions of EU leagues for this 3rd week’s matches. So first of all let’s start with the map, witch this week is BDX_Crossfire_DE. This map is well known for all the spam nades available, that in my opinion makes make all the teams with experience have a huge advantage, much bigger then on many other maps.

So let’s start with the Open League matches:
    Hungarian Community Hc| vs. Internet Gangsters B -[iG]- :
    Both teams having their debut season in TWL, and both teams started with two losses against more experienced clans. One of the teams have to get their first week, and I think it will be a good even match between them, score should be very tight, something like 9-7, hoping in favor of my beloved teammates (sorry can’t predict against them) ;).

Polish Army Squad {P-A-S} vs. Estonian Gaming Club [eGc] :
    This specific match is quite hard for me to guess, but I believe it once again might be a tight match, however Estonian clan having their debut season, seem to have problems with arranging people for the matches + as I mentioned having experience in competitive gaming, spam nades is huge advantage on this map, so I believe Polish clan might take this one home with score around 10-6. However I know few Estonian players who might bring a surprise and turn the table around.

Decima Legione Clan -{XL}- vs. InGLORIOUS Army ][nG. :
    After first 2 matches the upcoming matches have only teams with a taste of WIN. From my experience Italian clan Decima Legione should win this one, once again because of more experience and because having few quite strong players, however after staying in the bottom of the table previous season this season InGLORIOUS Army look much stronger, both, because of improved team and gained experience. Predicting this to be good fight between two players CrazyHyena and Trucha10 who about quite good on this map as I remember.

Warriors of Redemption wR. vs. Portuguese Rangers pR.
    If this would have happened at the start of the season I would have guessed that the win should go to Portuguese clan second team, however after two weeks seems like without main players they having quite hard time in the competition and Italian clan wR. Is mysterious to me still, some matches they play extremely well, on some they just play bad. However if they bring their main team, they should get a win against pR and quite a strong, 11-5 maybe. One of the hopes I see for Portuguese is getting trained by their main team, and learning some good nades and tactics during this week before match.

Immortals IM* vs FOX Polish Clan |FOX|
    Immortals are one of the Debuts with scramble of very different but strong players that probably a planning to go to one of top spots in the league this season. They lost their first match to very similar caliber team “Seriously”, but they weren’t playing with their main roster. On match communications they showing some bad behavior, but apart that they are the ones that in my opinion will take the match 12-4. However FOX is clan that at start of season was thinking about not joining competition because they had problems with getting players, how they started with win and one loss, I wish them all best luck on this one.

Virtual Insanity -VI- vs. SLaYeR’s
    I have very little experience playing against SLaYeR’s however the opponent they facing is VI, multiple tournaments champions, who is playing in this Open League and not Invite league just because of their inactivity and little bit of Ego last season. With all respect to SLaYeR’s who are also debuting in this rebirth TWL, they have the very worst enemy, on the most unforgivable map when experience is so different. However, the good hearts of VI ussualy tend to not play serious when the winner is known, an they ussualy let few rounds slip. So the score should be 12-4 in favor of VI.

Not a Clan ]NaC[ vs. Seriously Team SRSLY. :
    NaC is the highest ranked debuts of this season, they started with two wins. Destructional win against Hc| and tight win against SLaYeR’s. However they have very tight rooster, with only 1 extra player in case of other absence, so each match is a very close no-show for them, I would definitely recommend getting few more. Apart that, they are very good, smart playing team since the players they have in team are mostly all real life friends. Sadly they are facing clan Seriously who after previous season of rarely getting enough players for matches got reinforced with multiple other players and this team is definitely looking more serious. And as far as I know NaC guys don’t like this map. I wish them all best luck, but I think this is the time when NaC will get their first loss in TWL. Predicted score 11-5 in favor of Seriously.

Team naisOne.com n1] vs. Mordeczki Squad -.^ :
    The match between German and Polish clan. Same and -VI- in their match, n1. Is obvious favorites of this match, especially after last week’s match of the Week win against VI. However Mordeczki is sitting in the top after first two weeks not without a reason. So far they have won against unprepared second pR team and other Polish clan |FOX| in an easy way. After previous season they have upgraded their squad with players who decided to join to late after registration was closed and they looking forward to stay around the top this season. The n1. clan on the other hand decided to keep same rooster with just 2 extra players, if they manage to keep them active they might go for the 1st spot this season. The prediction of this match: 11-5 in favor of n1.

And now the Invite League each week having only two matches:

Portuguese Rangers pR. vs Czuczuken Squad Poland :
    This match obvious leaders is supposed to be pR. however this team for this season same as -[iG]- decided to make two teams for both Leagues, and they paid the price. Two of team leaders Wanksta and Tuga could not show for the match and they got a loss. However that kind of thing might be good lesson for the Champions, and even though they might get a win with their backup roster, having main team from now on is essential if they wish to regain the top spot in the group. ^CSP^ got into invite league after 6th team (]H[-Hakkapeliitat) of season 1 resigned from playing in this season 2 because the lack of time. From what I see online they still spend way more time on FLO maps then BDX, and that might get them a devastating loss in their second match again. However world if full of surprises, best luck CSP. Prediction: 13-3 in favor of pR.

Team SeVn SeVn. vs. Klan Sami Swoi [KSS]
    This is the fight for the survival in B groups. The obvious leader in that group is iForgot clan, that is clan created mostly on core of SSK players who is was winners of multiple tournaments before and ended up second giving the lead only to pR clan. The remaining two teams will fight this week, SeVn and KSS, the winner of this match will get step closer to reaching semifinals, the loser of the match will be placed of the edge of falling out of Invite league. [KSS] is strong clan, but the leader of this match I would call SeVn. they have much more experience on competitive matches. The problem they have is activity, they forfeit loss their previous match, even though it got them better score then [KSS] who lost to iForgot 16-0 (technical loss is 0-4). So since first match of Open league is clear in my opinion this one might give some surprises. The predicted winner in my opinion is Sevn, score: 10-6.

So that it for my predictions, I hope you guys enjoyed, please give your thoughts, and your own opinions about match outcomes. Keep in mind this is my own opinion, I tried to be as impartial as possible since I’m also competing in the competition.
  • SSKbartSSKbart Posts: 125Player
    edited May 2017
    Gl hf all.

I do think changes has to be made in rankings, especially for open league.
    Last season it was inner matches result > round results. Also draws should've been allowed to happen when there is no elimination. Especially since there is the randomness of which map you get vs which opponent, I think it is better to have amount of points, then amount of rounds won/rounds difference, and if that is equal, you can check the results of the both teams which are equal. That's also the most commonly used ranking, also used at ESL for various leagues in groupstages because all what has been tested, this appeared to be best. (of course, play-offs with elimination of maps are always better)

And when somebody forfeits, they might even have an advantage. As said about KSS and SeVn, one loses 16-0 while playing, so the other just doesn't show up and only have 4 rounds difference, giving them a huge advantage in amount of rounds lost. Which is unfair, so punishment on that should be maybe just giving the winning team 4 rounds as now, but letting the forfeited team lose 20 rounds, so the effect on the ranking is more severe for them.

I just read the rules about invite league play-offs, isn't it a lot better to have all comp maps included, and let teams eliminate 1 map, then both pick 1, and in case of OT, let them eliminate until 1 map is left. It's a bit weird now because the OT map is the same map as home team picked, if I read it correctly, which always gives home team an advantage.
    SNLSTB.Bart^
    Hello Bart,

Thanks for the input. As known, after every season, we are promoting an "After Action Review" to improve the League Series, according to the desires of the community, since we at TWL, are a community based community. Therefor, you opinion will be taken in consideration for the next season.

However, I dont know if you notice, but the untie criteria have changed from Season 1 to Season 2. The direct confront criteria was changed from the 1st untie criteria to the last untie criteria, approaching the league to the terms you mentioned. Never the less, we don't want to make it look like ESL, because if it was a guarantied success, with the resources that ESL have, they probably would be playing there nowadays. The win/loss ratio works better (in our opinion) in a very hetero genic group like we have normally in Open Leagues, and therefor it's our intention to maintain it, converging the rest of the criteria to the ones that simplify the League for a better understanding.

Regarding the penalty for no show, your suggestion is the most common one, but as we debated in the 1st LIVE Conference, most of the teams doesn't have that quality difference between them, being the 4 rounds difference the most adjusted result in a progressive vision of the league (were we believe teams forfeit due to rosters). We also need to take in consideration that the loosing team in this case, doesn't score any round, and that penalizes them in 2nd untie criteria (most scored rounds). Of course that if you use your team as an example, i would risk to say that even my team, in some of the maps, would probably be better suited with 4-0 against you, than if we played... but exceptions normally confirm the rules.

In what maps concerns, that's an opinion followed by the majority of the players, so i will say to you that its in our horizon to change it. However, we will not do it now, since it's not our policy to change rules (except vital ones) when the league is running, so in the next season it will be implemented.
  • PhilippovichPhilippovich Posts: 218Player
    nice read of the prediction @-[iG]-Leketiskis
    Thanks, got some of them right :) Sadly my clan-mates lost their match, so for the rest who don't know the results, my prediction, the real result table is bellow:

Hc| vs. -[iG]- B team
    Prediction: 7-9
    Actual result: 10-6

{P-A-S} vs. [eGc]
    Prediction: 10-6
    Actual result: 11-5

-{XL}- vs. ][nG.
    Prediction: Close result, -{XL}- should win
    Actual result: 6-10

wR. vs. pR. (2nd team)
    Prediction: 11-5
    Actual result: 12-4

IM* vs |FOX|
    Prediction: 12-4
    Actual result: 12-4

-VI- vs. SLaYeR’s
    Prediction: 12-4
    Actual result: 4-0, SLaYeR’s got a NO-SHOW.

]NaC[ vs. SRSLY.
    Prediction: 5-11
    Actual result: 8-8, 8-10 after overtime.

n1] vs. -.^ (Mordeczki)
    Prediction: 11-5
    Actual result: 11-5

pR. vs ^CSP^
    Prediction: 13-3
    Actual result: 15-1

SeVn. vs. [KSS]
    Prediction: 10-6
    Actual result: 4-0, [KSS] got a NO-SHOW.

So my predictions resume out of 10 matches I guess the correct winner on 8/10 matches, and mostly the guessed score was exact or very close to what was guessed ;) I'm happy about myself :D If i will have time will do the review of next week matches, but not sure if i have that much time this week.

And thanks for good words @Philippovich .

Hello,
    This is -[iG]-Leketiskis, same as previous week I will try to predict outcomes of this week matches. This week all teams will be playing one of the most popular competition maps BDX_Breach_EX. This map compared to previous week map, has way less spam nades, and much more kills will have been done by shooting the gun, there is a lot of penetrable walls, some areas for long range shooting, so pretty much there is things for everyone’s taste. And let’s not forget the flag, because on this map, defending objective is quite a big deal.

So like always let’s start with the Open League matches:
    Decima Legione Clan -{XL}- vs. Internet Gangsters B -[iG]-
    Sad to admit, but -{XL}- probably is considered leaders of this match, and even though -[iG]- have registered few more players for the competition to improve their rooster, those players will not be able to help this week. I personally from the start of week trying to help guys prepare for this match, but can’t be supper optimistic, and will have to predict loss to my guys. 7-9, -{XL}- win. Hopefully this will get my crew mad and they will kick their asses :D .

Hungarian Community Hc| vs. Estonian Gaming Club [eGc]
    Both of these teams having their debut season and a very tough start in it. The favorite team of this match probably is the Hungarian community team who already have taste of victory against B team of Internet Gangsters. However, I as Lithuanian would want to see Estonian clan that step up, do some training and finally give a fight. Without extra training of [eGc], Hc| should get a decent win 10-6.

FOX Polish Clan |FOX| vs. Portuguese Rangers pR.
    After previous loss to Italian clan, pR might come with a bit of anger, and since pR main team probably training for this map this week, they might get some good help to the second team also. Both team currently hold one win, that they got against same opponent [eGc] and both team have won match against them 11-5, also other matches have been lost quite badly by both teams against similar strong opponents. So this match should definitely be a quite interesting one. My prediction would be 8-8, and winner after overtime |FOX|, since they should have more hunger for the Victory.

SLaYeR’s vs. Polish Army Squad {P-A-S}
    Each clan have only 1 victory so far, however both clans had quite difficult schedule considering opponents given to them. I would consider {P-A-S} as underdog in this match, just because of SLaYeR’s match against ]NaC[, I haven’t seen them playing, but to give a good fight to ]NaC[ who really fighting hard for each round you must be a strong and tactically ready clan. However Inner hospital was the map that SLaYeR’s know quite well, and other BDX maps a much harder for them when {P-A-S} are training much wider verity of maps. And furthermore SLaYeR’s had a no-show last week, witch show that they might have problem with gathering people for matches. If both teams get their main players I think it will be a good fight. I will get that SLaYeR’s will grab a win 9-7, but that might flip the other way since I’m really very unfamiliar with their clan.

Warriors of Redemption wR. vs. InGLORIOUS Army ][nG.
    I am amazed by how much ][nG. is improved this season, however this is wR. They are playing this time, clan that gives trouble even to the strongest competition clans. So with all my respect to InGLORIOUS Army, there will be combination of training and luck that might save them, without luck the obvious leader of this match should be wR who have lost only to “Seriously Team” on week two. This is the battle of two clans made only out of their own country players Italians and Portuguese, sorry if I’m mistaking. Prediction would be wR win with score 11-5.

Not a Clan ]NaC[ vs. Mordeczki Squad -.^
    Mordeczki squad started season with two win, however they had to admin n1, who is currently leading in the Open League, being stronger than them on crossfire on week 3. Now on week 4 they are facing another very strong debuting clan - ]NaC[. After previous week loss to “Seriously Team”, when they let victory slip out of their hands after leading 8-6 before final rounds, ]NaC[ is taking this more serious than before so Mordeczki should not expect easy walk in the park against debuting clan. The winner of this match in my opinion will be furious ]NaC[ 11-5.

Immortals IM* vs. Virtual Insanity -VI-
    With each team’s main squads the match should be quite even. -VI- after previous season when they lost right for Invite league due to multiple no-shows, trying to prove that they deserve right to be in Invite league, and they are doing it very successful apart one slip vs n1 when they lost a very close match. IM* at that time trying to become one of the leaders of competition after building clan from scratch combining known players from multiple clans. Apart from one slip versus “Seriously team”, they also have been very successful. Both clans have very strong players, but this will be the match between teamwork and long year experience of -VI- (if they get their main players) vs. more skill based gameplay since IM* don’t have as many teamwork experience as -VI- . And at least on this map I think Virtual Insanities experience should get them a win 10-6.

Team naisOne.com n1] vs. Seriously Team SRSLY.
    I think this is the match of the week in Open League. Both clans so far don’t have a single loss in 3 weeks. After this match, there will be only one team in Open league who still remains undefeated. If n1. manage to clinch this victory, there will be only few teams remaining who might have a chance to win against them. However their opponent SRSLY. is quite a beast. Same as IM* they have multiple players who are extremely skilled and on their great day could carry the team alone. So basically it’s very similar story as in IM* vs -VI- match, long year experience as team vs. solo players skill based gameplay. Of course if during season players will start to feel each other, the beast might become even stronger. However at this phase of season I still consider n1 as a team who most probably will win the match. The score should be 9-7.

And now the Invite League each week having only two matches:

I forgot how to play iForgot. vs. Klan Sami Swoi [KSS]
    Sadly but this match destiny is still unknown, [KSS] haven’t shown on previous match of their, and as some people say they may have decided to quite the Invite league on this season. Hopefully they will change their match and decide to finish this season. If the match would happen, the leader of two opponents is sadly quite clear. [KSS] is strong clan, would be one of top in Open league, but when you put them against iForgot the match outcome should be quite similar to previous match of these two teams. So prediction would be 14-2.

Internet Gangsters –[iG]- vs. Portuguese Rangers pR.
    This match is planned to be streamed by official TWL streamers and is considered to be MATCH of the WEEK. Little brief of current situation that both clans are aware off: This is match between last season’s 1st (pR.) and 3rd (-[iG]-) places winners. Currently, after 3 weeks, -[iG]- is holding the top spot in the group witch guaranties easier opponent in Semi-finals since the leader of other group so far is indisputably iForgot (to other known as ex. SSK). However -[iG]- must defend this spot, since pR. will surely be furious after week 1 match, and definitely will come much better prepared, playing with their main squad. I can’t do prediction for this match, since I will be taking part in it myself, but I definitely recommend to take a look at stream that will probably be posted somewhere in this forum just before the match. I’m pretty sure that this match will be a good and entertaining match for the audience since both teams need this win badly. Planned time of the match stream Sunday, 21:30 CET.

I hope you guys enjoyed my predictions even though not many guys read them, but getting some feedback would definitely inspire me doing this for the remaining of the season. And for the teams mentioned in this prediction list sorry I insulted anyone or mentioned you less than your opponent, I just do this from my personal opinion starting with teams that I know better. Good luck on your matches everyone.
    P.S: I'm sorry for all the grammar and spelling mistakes in the text, I'm trying to fix as many as i can, but since English is not my native langue there still might be plenty... :)
  • -VI-ImaHustler-VI-ImaHustler Posts: 81Player
    edited May 2017
    @-[iG]-Leketiskis
    Hey leke.
    very nicely done with the review keep'em coming :D.

i just want to clear something out since its the second time you are mentioning our no-shows and lack of will.

firstly our first no show was not a no show per say, seriously asked to play a different day (after sunday) and we agreed altought we were ready for sunday, little did we know that the rules doesnt allow playing even a day after the scheduled day so we both got a no show.
    the second no show was the worst case ive seen of non sportsmenship behaviour, we were suppose to play WOR and like other teams they didnt allow us to use a ringer (a member of the clans for years) so we had to play 4, we joined the server and one of our members had internet issues, so we waited for him to fix it and come back, when the match was 15 minutes after the scheduled time WOR just said we are a no show altought we explained several times that our member is joining, they just left the server and our member finally joined one minute after, (you can check screenshots on the match comms).

So in conclusion YES, its entierly our fault that we didnt insist and registered all the members at once and left an opening for a chance that some of the people who did register cant play, i take that on us.
    but in all honesty i didnt think i will run in teams that lack the sportsmenship to allow a ringer from inside the clan for ages.
    i dont think i ever refused a ringer for a competitive match when the other team asked, given that they bring somebody inside the clan or bring somebody outside the clan but at theyre skill base and not somebody that they just bring for skills and it totally out of theyre league.

i hope i clerified some of the things for you, and i do hope you keep this predictions coming i do enjoy reading them.

• |FOX|Pitpav|FOX|Pitpav Posts: 41Player
    Sometimes some want to win at all costs, they forgot this is for good fun not for golden pants :)
  • -VI-ImaHustler-VI-ImaHustler Posts: 81Player
    Sometimes some want to win at all costs, they forgot this is for good fun not for golden pants :)

Yes it's shameful for this community.
    If there was some major prize for winning MAYBE I could somewhat understand.
    But this games are just for fun that's why I am having hard time accepting this situation
    Ok, i knew about first one, somehow forgot the second one, however still the first season i somehow could see you guys playing not with main squad ant more relaxed, this season looks like you coming with a bit of anger or wish to prove who is the top clan here :) so that thing is a good one :) Never said a bad thing about your clan apart those no shows, i still consider you one of the most fair clans in competition :) Good luck, and lets have a good week :)
  • SSKbartSSKbart Posts: 125Player
    edited May 2017
    Thanks for the feedback arkeiro!

And yes Imahustler, it's a shame that people, in a league where people play for fun, they actually want forfeit wins.
    I would actually just ask them to start the game even if we are with 3 in that case :D
    SNLSTB.Bart^
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    edited May 2017
    SSKbart wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback arkeiro!

And yes Imahustler, it's a shame that people, in a league where people play for fun, they actually want forfeit wins.
    I would actually just ask them to start the game even if we are with 3 in that case :D

And then get disqualified for playing with 3 while the minimum required players is 4. Ggwp.
    edited May 2017
    edited May 2017
    funny games :)
  • PhilippovichPhilippovich Posts: 218Player
    Regarding FFW, I would also like to point out, that being on time is alas not something all teams are good at. And that I remember being aggraveted having to be 9 players on a server just waiting for 20 minutes for 1 - one! - person to join.
    Therefore, sometimes it might not just be for a free FFW, but actually because being fed up of waiting.

;-)
  • ^MAROFEL.Arkeiro^^MAROFEL.Arkeiro^ Posts: 768Player
    It's just a game some people are not always available to play. If some people can't understand that well... they should. It is more fun when we enjoy the game together, there will always be a team to lose, but that team can still win in fun.

Over 1.4k Golden Hawkeyes.
    there was a lot of talks before the match, but in the ned match was quite good, and i think fun for specators, the stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/147865676