Mission Start, Clock, Count Down Timer

I have completed a map from start to finish. everything is working well, all except for one critical feature. When I host the map and players join, the clock timer has no time displayed, and we cannot start the rounds. Anyone have any idea what I may be missing here?

Comments

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,187Player
    edited March 2017
    Sounds like your missing some world info properties, go to view > world properties and look for time limit (circled in my pic) add how many seconds you want the round time to be into that field

10gw6dv.jpg

If you've not set anything up in the world properties yet.. and/or set up your mission in the objective editor your probably gonna have more than round time/start issues I'm afraid to say.

No fear though, I can point you in the direction of some great tutorial videos courtesy of the brilliant Wolverine - https://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/25/wolvys-aapg-advanced-mission-editor-tutorials/p1

(I enjoy playing on your public server btw! thank you :wink: )
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• -=B)LADE|=--=B)LADE|=- Posts: 14Player
    I have most all of those settings done already however the problem persists :( , I'm a big fan of WOLV.
    Ah, You'll have to excuse my silly questions, I've no idea how advanced you are at the advanced editor. I assumed you were new to making maps, my bad.

Other than checking the objective editor is set up correctly, perhaps its a level loaded/gamestage event kismet issue?

Well, This is my first map so I am a total NEWB.... but I have 60 hours into it so I'm still a knob :d I've basically followed along with wolves videos the best I can. I am curious if anyone else has had this happen, if it should work by default, if there is a typical set of steps considered routine for setting the timer, etc. Im at a bit of a loss.
    edited March 2017
    I'd say it depends, if you started the map off in the basic editor, saved it then opened it/edited it/finished it in the advanced editor.. then usually the mission info and most all else should pretty much work by default. At least has been the case in my past experiences anyways. If you jumped straight into the advanced and started completely from scratch, then you have to set up everything yourself.

I'm not sure if neglecting to set up the mission flow correctly in the objective editor can cause the issue your having (personally I'd check that first), which is why I also advised you to check for incorrect world info, or a kismet problem. I guess, unless someone else here has a magic solution and knows what the problem is, the only thing I think we can do is try a step by step..

This is my mission flow window for reference, set up for an extract mission

2gwcqrn.jpg

Obviously yours will be different, depending on the mission objectives you have chosen to use in your map and the spawns, but hopefully you will be able to work out what goes where etc..

Unfortunately, I'm unaware of anyone else having the same issue you seem to be having which kinda only makes it harder to troubleshoot.

I'll let my brain cool down and think about it some more tomorrow. I'll post again with new thoughts and maybe I can walk through this one step at a time to see where I may have went wrong. I will say that I initially started with a finished map, which I used as a template. I copied everything over, all 12,000+ pieces of it. :D
    Yep. I did all that.. So get this. I checked everything including Kismet flows and I just could not figure out what was going on so I made a basic assumption that the map template may somehow be corrupted (that's my way of assuming that its not anything I missed :p . With that in mind I decided to create a new template in the basic editor, remove all contents from that new template, cut and past ALL content from my completed map into the new template and guess what happened? I have a timer and can start the match now.
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 642Player
    if you used a stock template you may find that spawns or obj are bugged had this happen a few times , delete them out and add fresh 1s
    Thanks Lobo. That very well could be what I experienced. On my first map too go figure. Its a learning process for sure. Thanks for all the thoughts from both of you.
    edited March 2017
    So I have the map up and running on the server but others say that the server does not prompt them to subscribe to and download the map. They get the version mismatch error. Is there something additional I should be doing above and beyond simply putting them in the maps folder and modifying the game.ini?

I have the maps and metada files in these two locations.

:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\America's Army\AAPG\AAGame\CookedPC\UserMadeMaps

:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\America's Army\AAPG\AAGame\CookedPC\Maps

I also modified the game.ini with the following
    +MapRotationList="FLO_BladesHospital$76561198145547026_EX"
    +MapVoteList="FLO_BladesHospital$76561198145547026_EX"

Workshop content is published with visibility set to public
    edited March 2017
    quick step
    1 publish map
    2 add to steam ugc manager on your server (aapg/aagame/config/)
    (ServerSubscribedItems=(IdString=88*4**963)
    3 add map to rotation list in server ini
    4 restart server

when you say you have the map file and meta data in 2 locations do you mean on server or your pc , also your map should be saved in its own folder within the saves folder

:\lobo\Documents\My Games\America's Army Proving Grounds\AAGame\Unpublished\CookedPC\Maps\MissionEditor\Saves\lobos_map
    edited March 2017
    Okay so.... my UGC manager is not working so I probably need to take a closer look at that and get it working, any advice on how to do this correctly would be greatly appreciated. I assume that I just add the following line to the AASteamUGCManager.ini file (ServerSubscribedItems=(IdString=88***3067)

Trying to add the custom UGC Item/IDAddress and clicking download does nothing, it just spins and spins.

Perhaps its a port issue with the firewall?

, I manually added the downloaded map files to my Maps folder on the server where I host the game. I also added them to another folder called usermademaps, which could be completely unnecessary.

The maps I build do stay in their own saves folder at the location you show above
    the id string is from your map , if you go to the steam page with your map and share it will give you the id number
    Alight im going to read through this and see if I can gain new insights into my troubles. Thx for the tips. I'll let you know how it goes.
    take map files out of any where you manually put them , the ugc manager puts the file in the folder, which off the top of my head is binaries/win32/steamaap/workshop/content/203 whatever
    Ok Ill try that next. the UGC manager is running and it is updating my custom map now which is great, but my server still shows up yellow in the list. not red like yours does. Ill try your suggestion and report back
    shows up red for umms that you're not subscribed to , if you have the map it will be yellow