AAPG community team tournament!

[kT]Trigga[kT]Trigga Posts: 102Player
edited March 2017 in eSports
I am thinking about hosting a 1 day double elimination tournament on behalf of [kT], using the map vote elimination system. Sometime in the next month or so. 1st place would be a $20 steam card per starter, 2nd place would be something along the lines of a free game server for 6 months, 3rd/4th place 6month ts3 or voice server of there closing. Also I would like to give away some random drawings throughout the day/night (keeps everyone interested while having down time in between matches)

I will be looking for 2-3 people to stream each and EVERY match via twitch or youtube.

Also I would like to ask fgn admins for help in overwatching the moss files of each player that will be submitting there files. (Money will be involved so moss will be ran, u less someone has a better idea). The point of this tournament will be to get as much of the aa community together as possible and everyone have a fun filled day/night of good matches while hopefully winning your team prizes.

If you're team would be interested in playing or any other idea's, questions, comments please say below. There is not a date set in stone but like I said above I would like to get this organized for sometime in the next month. All teams are welcome but beware this will more than likely be an all day event. I am hoping to get as many as 20+ teams. I know that sounds like alot but me along with my team and a few others from the community are really going to push and get the word out. Not only is this a competition but it's a chance for new players/teams to get to know other new players/teams. Also we will be using a set discord that everyone will have to be in. Players that do not have a team will have there own channel that they can go to with other players that do not have a team but want to form one specifically for the tournament.

Edit: Maybe the devs could get involved in this. Donate some aapg t-shirts,cds, a couple devs and a couple comp players cast the final match, spill some spoilers, something/anything creative.

Edit: A few people have asked, no there will not be a fee for this tourament. Everything will be free and all prizes/winnings will be "giveaways".

Team list (updated upon a comment below stating your team will try/be able to participate
-[kT]
-[MX]
-KOS
-TeamX
-3rdId
-I9

Comments

• [MX]Renegade[MX]Renegade Posts: 1Player
    nice! count [MX] in, hope we can see all the community together and have great matches, looking forward to it
  • {}KoS{}J.Madsen{}KoS{}J.Madsen Posts: 1Player
    count KoS in on it to :dizzy:
    =)
  • -hyperlite--hyperlite- Posts: 102Player
    Are we allowed to bypass Moss?
  • [kT]Dominus[kT]Dominus Posts: 85Player

Which means?
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 751Player
    So this is a world wide tournament? EU, NA and so on?

Over 1.3k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • i9.liquidi9.liquid Posts: 21Player
    Make it at a good date and time and we're in!
  • [kT]B4DSEED[kT]B4DSEED Posts: 25Player
    So this is a world wide tournament? EU, NA and so on?

It's an NA thing, but if you guys are willing to play on NA servers then there isn't a problem.
    Team X is in
  • 3rdID is in lets do this
  • [kT]Trigga[kT]Trigga Posts: 102Player
    Hyperlite, moss will be required to play in this tournament. I started looking at the calender and I would really like to put it on April 1st, no this is not an April fools joke lol. That would be on a saturday, exactly one month away. What would you guys think. Maybe start at 12pm central(1pm est). Also Arkeiro, we will be playing on our servers so i really dont see a problem with any of the EU community playing in this tournament. The only kicker might be the time difference. I really dont want to have some half [TOS Violation] run tournament where a team plays 1 match then doesnt show up for the next map. If you commit to playing this tournament you should commit your day to playing this tournament. Also I have updated the team list. How does Saturday April 1st sound for everyone?
    APRIL FOOL! But according to trigga this is going to be using some new maps and ideas to test out, like some of =IK= Doba's maps and one from Invaders
    If there is a turnout of about 20 teams I would like to make this thing a quarterly event. Im also having thoughts already that the next one is done on all AA2 map remakes. I know all maps arent 100% for this game but I feel as if we could make it work if we take about 10 of the best AA2 map remakes and each team eliminates 1 map per turn just like were going to be doing with the first tournament then it will be alot of fun!
    APRIL FOOL! But according to trigga this is going to be using some new maps and ideas to test out, like some of =IK= Doba's maps and one from Invaders

Correct, I would like to see new maps in the pool. As long as the community approves , Doba's map and INV's map will be in the map pool for this tournament.
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 751Player
    In that case forget about my team. 2 main reasons: time and servers. However nice initiative, wish you good luck :)

Over 1.3k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • {4F}DeadlyGrouse{4F}DeadlyGrouse Posts: 277Player
    why are you here? your just a pub warrior now.
  • Twitchr.Carbon8Twitchr.Carbon8 Posts: 290Player

Arent we all? Well, I should say any of us that play.

Arent we all? Well, I should say any of us that play.

Nope
  • =IK=.Scooby=IK=.Scooby Posts: 119Player

Shouldn't you and doba be fondling each other in counter strike?
  • {4F}DeadlyGrouse{4F}DeadlyGrouse Posts: 277Player

Shouldn't you and doba be fondling each other in counter strike?

I have 2 hands I can fondle with one and type on here with the other.
  • i9.WallEi9.WallE Posts: 1Player
    edited March 2017
    Yah i'm in!!!