Grenade explosion mechanics

So when you lean around a corner, and some one throws a flash, you get flashed, tested and tried. But, as I discovered, if your body is fully around a corner and you peek when a grenade goes off, you are safe, it acts as if your body is in cover rather than leaned, no damage, no bleed.

Comments

• -[U|S|A]-Gorilla-[U|S|A]-Gorilla Posts: 709Administrator
    Can you take a video and post it please.
  • K0$H3RK0$H3R Posts: 57Developer
    Yes, please post a video of this. If we feel it needs to be addressed, we will need to see some examples and how to reproduce what you are explaining.

Cheers,
  • I'll work on getting a video of this, I'll upload ASAP.
  • [DSG]HackedGlass[DSG]HackedGlass Posts: 6Player
    edited February 2017

Was filmed using the standard Windows 10 recording software
    EDIT: the beeping is the Discord sounds I forgot to disable :tongue:
  • MaclobsterMaclobster Posts: 214Beta Tester
    nice find , you should have damage
    (\/) (',,') (\/)
    Pipeline
    HonorTown
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,187Player
    edited February 2017
    How in the world do you find that kind of bug? any sane person leans back when they see a nade hit the ground infront of them, what did you do? just think "what the heck.. it'll only tickle?!" :lol:
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• Honestly, I was just fooling around in the "warmup" phase when nobody else was on, testing recoil, etc.
  • Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 328Beta Tester
    A couple of us have noticed this before when frags didn’t do any damage. However, we didn’t think about whether the player was leaned or not. You figure exposed is exposed and blame it on ping/lag/net code whatever and just keep on playing.
    [ENG]Uni-Sol Often it’s a cooked grenade that goes off before you even know it’s there so you have no time to react.
    556127a3323e2cfd0355aaa34b6e0b63-full.jpg
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 645Player
    but yet if you're behind a door and a grenade goes off it kills you , even seen it when you're in another room and grenade goes off next to the wall by you ,it hurts you
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,187Player
    edited February 2017
    Ahhh, just like the gurneys then?.. protecting from fragment damage since 2015.
    Duke_Audi wrote: »
    [ENG]Uni-Sol Often it’s a cooked grenade that goes off before you even know it’s there so you have no time to react.

I understand how it "can" be found, but in the moment do/would you even assume it to be a bug? if you escaped something like that.. you most likely just wipe the brow, let out a l phheewee, or even have a little bum squeak whilst getting the heck outta dodge :lol:

Anyway, I'm always blown up by grenades, I'm NEVER lucky when it comes to them.. and since I rush dark room 9 out of 10 times, I fall foul to them more often than I do to bullets haha!
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,572Player
    It's the same if you are behind poles, but if you expose your body too much you'll die.
    I've just recorded this
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,018Moderator
    It seen often enough, but when it comes to recreate it, its almost never working out
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 551Beta Tester
    but yet if you're behind a door and a grenade goes off it kills you , even seen it when you're in another room and grenade goes off next to the wall by you ,it hurts you

Does it? Can you record it? When I tried to do such things, I always failed...
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 645Player
    can try , only thing need 2 people , will see if i can do it this weekend
  • Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 328Beta Tester
    edited March 2017
    Same thing happens when supported. I just tested this (see video). It appears that the major part of your player must be exposed to the direct blast to incur damage.

556127a3323e2cfd0355aaa34b6e0b63-full.jpg
  • -[U|S|A]-Gorilla-[U|S|A]-Gorilla Posts: 709Administrator
    Looks like we can really use a fix on the grenades and flashes. Seems like anything you can step behind slightly will protect you from these when you should not have that protection.
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,572Player
    Seems like anything you can step behind slightly will protect you from these when you should not have that protection.
    It's reported before. This video was posted 2 years ago in the old forum. Maybe it can't be changed.

HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • [kT]Dominus[kT]Dominus Posts: 85Player
    Of course it CAN be changed. But is it WORTH it for them to fix? Anyone who has played the game for a few hours has run into a wonky grenade