Challenge for AA:PG programmers and management team

pirulipipipirulipipi Posts: 5Player
edited February 2017 in General Discussion
Hello,

I am a game programmer and also community manager.

I have been following the development of all series of americas army since version 2.5, we all know that the game series was specially created to recourse Americans to the U.S. Army.

Maybe I can get banned after this topic but no problem, the state of the game is pitiful, the gameplay has been getting worse since 2013.

The programmers and the direction of this game do not know what are doing, it's time to wake up if not I recommend close the game because free game with only 1.000 daily players around world is nothing, is demotivating and only demonstrates the poor work of programmers.

My idea is very simple, grab the Americas Army 3 and use it to recruit people to the U.S. Army, use AA: PG for competitive mode, listen to the community, if the community is happy, more players will start playing the game and you can quickly move from 1,000 players to 10,000 players daily, which also increases the recruitment of Americans to your U.S. Army because there are more people playing which means more Americans will hear about the game and play it, easy.

A programmer does not know how to leave the perfect game without community feedback, I know there are beta testers, but how many beta testers are actually competition players? Few or none ...

The programmers and the direction of this game are stubborn and the result is the view, a free game that practically does not have active players, awesome job.

I hope you listen to what I have said and stop pretending to be gods in this game where you do not care about anything the community communicates.

Comments

• FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    America's Navy... going down since v2.5. (got the pun!?)
    AAPG is good!
  • pirulipipipirulipipi Posts: 5Player
    Flatlander wrote: »

U.S Army not Navy, I edited post.

Regards,
    T3Qu1lhA

TWL - Beta Tournament - EU - Finals - Watchdog - PLAYHARD vs SNLSTB
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,187Player
    pirulipipi wrote: »
    I hope you listen to what I have said and stop pretending to be gods in this game where you do not care about anything the community communicates.

I'm sure they'll be handing out tissues around the office on Monday when they go ahead and decide to close the game because you advised them to.

Best post I've read to date. From what you wrote you sound like a productive, busy guy.. What game do you program for and what community do you manage? might I ask?
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Guess where Bart is.. IN A BUSH!
  • {M.9}-Arko{M.9}-Arko Posts: 206Player

I'm sure they'll be handing out tissues around the office on Monday when they go ahead and decide to close the game because you advised them to.

Best post I've read to date. From what you wrote you sound like a productive, busy guy.. What game do you program for and what community do you manage? might I ask?

Urban Games? --> Train Fever? :p
    edited February 2017
    Haha, joking apart..

Art.. design.. level design.. sound engineering etc.. departments are fine guys, don't worry, it's not all doom and gloom.. seems it's just programming and community management that have been responsible for a broken unplayable AAPG, for pirulipipi.

I'd give him a job.. I think he just might be the key that will unlock the masses. He evidently knows what he's talking about and has the tools, insight and drive to make AA great again.

• -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,121Beta Tester
    lol =) great read! I wasn't aware playing with lego pieces was called "game programmer" nowadays. :p
  • PhilippovichPhilippovich Posts: 218Player
    Flatlander wrote: »

U.S Army not Navy, I edited post.

Regards,
    T3Qu1lhA

TWL - Beta Tournament - EU - Finals - Watchdog - PLAYHARD vs SNLSTB

Good old days.

I hope everybody is doing fine. I miss the days of casting. The days of setting strats on empty servers and just have comps going on for 8-10 hours a day.

[TOS Violation], those week-ends were hectic.

1luv'
  • `xinoN`xinoN Posts: 351Player
    edited February 2017
    Ah, James Carter. Cool guy. What has he been doing? 5 stars to the efforts made by him and many others when the game first came out.
    Oh well.
  • FederalsFederals Posts: 24Player
    The only thing I feel that needs a fix is sound it's just way to easy to hear footsteps and the game isn't that bad the community is great small because everyone knows everyone
    Not a brand new player to the community just never used the forums
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,123Player
    Are you saying to bring back AA3? Or use it as a template? I'm lost.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    He said programmer(s) 5 times in that post.. 6 if you count the title :lol:

The only thing I could feasibly work out is that I don't think he likes the game very much and blames it on programmers and management, issuing them a challenge I don't even know if he managed to spit out at any point, at least I don't see one?.. meh, it probably got lost in the rage :lol:

• [kT]Dominus[kT]Dominus Posts: 85Player
    I think he's right after all, the community doesn't love the game like they used to. The game is on a decline, basically the same one AA3 suffered every month. RIP the community, now the only community is just wishing the player base is what it could have been.

Some of the fault of a small community goes to the players, they push away newer players on 12v12, and also better players. A lot of the players are just plain [TOS Violation] actually, there isn't a nicer way to put it. Looking at [WC]Buttmunch who had his main account banned for trolling but still trolls to this day