Dev when will new update be/linux version?

I want to uninstall Windows my HDD does not have much space left.

Comments

• Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    I would also like to know as the last we heard was that it was being worked on, but I have a feeling the game's popularity doesn't justify a Linux client. However, I would say it could help, because there are a lot of Linux gamers who do not use Windows--at all--and would love an addition to the library, especially a free-to-play fps. :)

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • HesedielHesediel Posts: 17Player
    up
    Any news about a linux version? Come on...counter strike is already on linux steam
  • nL^Z0naGaming_nL^Z0naGaming_ Posts: 663Player
    Hesediel wrote: »
    Any news about a linux version? Come on...counter strike is already on linux steam

Linux has been out for a while now ;)
    edited November 18

where in steam he didnt give me the possibility of installing or are you talking about counterstrike?
  • nL^Z0naGaming_nL^Z0naGaming_ Posts: 663Player

where in steam he didnt give me the possibility of installing or are you talking about counterstrike?

Don't ask me where, all I know its out there and on the forums somewhere. Some official servers are running linux and some private servers are running linux as well.. though, its not stable enough so most of them already switched back to windows.
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 1,952Player

Don't ask me where, all I know its out there and on the forums somewhere. Some official servers are running linux and some private servers are running linux as well.. though, its not stable enough so most of them already switched back to windows.

Linux client doesn't exist, only server.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 1,952Player

They're asking about Linux client, not server.

Also, Linux server needs the ability to play UMMs.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 355Developer
    They're asking about Linux client, not server.

Also, Linux server needs the ability to play UMMs.

Then I'll say probably never. Zero effort available for these.