Hi Guys

So i got a new PC.

Intel i5 6500
ASUS Z170 motherboard
16GB DDR 4 2100 hz
128 GB SSD
ASUS GTX 1060 6gb OC
140MHz Asus Monitor running at 1900x1080 resolution

In game with all setting set to MAX im still only getting +- 140 - 160 FPS sustained.

Why am i thinking that with that hardware i sould get 200FPS sustained?

can anyone help me?

Comments

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Because you are assuming that AAPG is a well optimised game on a recent engine which it's not.
  • 13th|sparcplug13th|sparcplug Posts: 3Player
    Okay... question rephrase. What can i do to get more FPS without lowering the video settings?

What do you have and what FPS are you getting?
    Without lowering video setting, no idea. Maybe a different driver version works better, maybe you could disable some effects in your ini-files but someone else would have to help you with that.

Why do you need 200FPS though? I and most comp players I know just cap their FPS at 120 or 144 to match their monitor refresh rate and I barely had any issues with it.

Currently on an i7-4790K and a GTX980 and I drop down to 90 FPS on some FLO maps. It's really far from what I get in other games and unless you go into ini-tuning and disregard good graphics I fear you won't get much more than you currently are.
  • 13th|sparcplug13th|sparcplug Posts: 3Player
    the 200 fps is just a nice to have. I stay in south africa and GFX cards are REALLY expensive and the 1060 OC is pretty much the best anyone in this country can afford and paying that kind of money sets a certain expectation. but its seems i must realign.
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,032Moderator
    edited February 2017
    O/C your CPU if you need more than +140fps
    (assuming you got a Intel i5 6500K)
    The video card is plenty enough.
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • |FOX|kozini.pl|FOX|kozini.pl Posts: 85Player
    You dont need more i get 165fps on a higher resolution with low settings to see more
  • derob.Stephanderob.Stephan Posts: 62Player
    edited February 2017
    Use windows 7. I get 20 more fps compared to windows 10.

Disable Anti-aliasing

Enable XMP profile in your BIOS

Enable performance mode in your BIOS

Enable high performance mode in windows power options

I get between 140-200 fps inner hospital, full server. Empty server 190-200 fps.
    i7 4770
    GTX 1060 6G
    16GB

After upgrading from a GTX 760 to a GTX 1060 my fps did NOT really improve in aapg
  • ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 1,061Player
    Just in case win10 users didn't know it constantly searches for updates and will have an impact on your gaming experience . Shut down your update schedules for optimum performance.
    And toss everything about x-box, especially the game recording function.
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • [XIII]End_Boss[XIII]End_Boss Posts: 2Player
    I got an steady 200 fps when i enabled the xpm profile of my ram i have an gtx 1070 without it it was 130-200
  • DrawnDrawn Posts: 169Player
    No reason to have very high fps when your monitor cant actually display it.
    That depends on the monitor. Asus just brought out 244 hz full HD .
    Drawn wrote: »
    Yes and no, you will never be able to see more frames than your monitor can display, but at times it can make a difference for the "feel" of the game.
    This video explains it pretty well(without proving anything as "feel" is hard to prove)

And yes, its a different game, but it fits pretty well with my own experience with this game from back when my other hardware became faster than my screens.

(and the thread is two months old, necro ftw ;) )
    ss_4_frankof.png
    edited April 2017

I have a 60hz 2ms monitor. But for me the difference between 60fps and 200fps is huge. 200fps feels alot smoother. It has to do with Input delay or something. 60fps gives 16.66ms and 200fps gives 5ms delay. (1000/(fps)=ms) Since my monitor has 2ms response time.. So yeah...

Ive tried a 144hz monitor before, but went back to 60hz because i coudnt stand the ugly colors on the 144hz.

I have a 60hz 2ms monitor. But for me the difference between 60fps and 200fps is huge. 200fps feels alot smoother. It has to do with Input delay or something. 60fps gives 16.66ms and 200fps gives 5ms delay. (1000/(fps)=ms) Since my monitor has 2ms response time.. So yeah...

Ive tried a 144hz monitor before, but went back to 60hz because i coudnt stand the ugly colors on the 144hz.

Are you sure you had it on 144hz? I just can't imagine how someone would go back to 60hz after experiencing what actual fluid gameplay is.
    SSKnecabo wrote: »
    Are you sure you had it on 144hz? I just can't imagine how someone would go back to 60hz after experiencing what actual fluid gameplay is.

Yes, i tried the Asus VG248QE a few years ago... Very fluid gameplay but such bad colors...
    i have asus 60 hz 1 ms response monitor showing 200 fps , looks and feels a lot more fluid than locking it down to 60 . my hardware would run higher but the game wont let it , i also run razer cortex and some nights it tells me the game peeks at 201 fps so cant grumble . 144 hz monitor was another 150 pound or so above what i paid .
    edited April 2017
    i have asus 60 hz 1 ms response monitor showing 200 fps , looks and feels a lot more fluid than locking it down to 60 . my hardware would run higher but the game wont let it , i also run razer cortex and some nights it tells me the game peeks at 201 fps so cant grumble . 144 hz monitor was another 150 pound or so above what i paid .

Higher fps is possible =)

To unlock, goto:
    Documents\My Games\America's Army Proving Grounds\AAGame\Config
    Open AAEngine.ini
    Search for " MaxSmoothedFrameRate= " there are 3 of them.
    Change all 3 lines to " MaxSmoothedFrameRate=999 "

MaxSmoothedFrameRate=999
    MaxSmoothedFrameRate=999
    MaxSmoothedFrameRate=999.000000

Also, frame rate smoothing must be on in settings.

Just set it to anything negative if you want unlimited FPS although I wouldn't recommend that. Also you can do all that in the in-game menu, no need to edit ini-files anymore.