I'm still waiting...

Comments

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    edited February 2017
    TheTots wrote: »
    AA:PG as it exists today is the game. We will continue to fix bugs and add new content as we can, but core AA:PG will remain as is. That doesn't mean we won't try to keep the game fresh and fun, but what some of you are asking for in this thread simply isn't going to happen.

Has anything changed since the previous statement that there are no future America's Army games in production/pre-production?

Honestly, even if AA5 or whatever is in production, I doubt the Dev team will let the public know about it until the game is very close to release. Until then they'll just deny anything whether it's true or false. Even many AAA devs don't let people know about their upcoming games until maybe 6 or so months before release. It certainly would be nice if on July 4, 2017 (or 2018) AA5 was released.

I remember one of the Devs once saying that it would take them a year or so to port AAPG to the UE4 engine. Maybe that's what they've been doing all this time, would be a nice starting point.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • Twitchr.Carbon8Twitchr.Carbon8 Posts: 337Player
    @Whiplash27 I'm just looking for more confirmation. Here's an exact quote from Tot's back in August -
    "AA5 is not in production/preproduction at this time. It's not even certain that the next AA game would be a FPS. Every day the Army is becoming less and less about boots on the ground shooting and more about STEM fields.
    Who knows the next AA could be anything from a robotics sim to an RTS, a medical trainer to a story driven single player / co op campaign saga.
    Being a f2p game is no longer novel, and being a f2p shooter doubly so.

There is a lot of talk internally about the future of AA and it's all very exciting, don't box yourself in with one genre or nostalgia from previous versions."
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited February 2017
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    I remember one of the Devs once saying that it would take them a year or so to port AAPG to the UE4 engine. Maybe that's what they've been doing all this time, would be a nice starting point.

YES! :+1:

Oh how I love a good theory. Any future AA MUST be a multiplayer FPS.. Come on.. AA as a single player game!?! as a Medical trainer?! NO, CANNOT, MUST NOT be allowed to happen. If AA5 will happen and it aint a multiplayer shooter I'll eat my British flat cap.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

edited February 2017
    I'm not sure who a medical trainer or robot simulator would really appeal to. You could always integrate these features into a future AA game, but as a stand alone? Also, while a stand alone single player story game would be a fun idea, even those are expected to have a MP aspect these days.

RTS games are not really really big these days either (with the exception of Star Craft). We're long past the days of RTS games being a big deal.
  • AplhaFata1ityAplhaFata1ity Posts: 10Player
    your playing AA5. beta was AA4. Is there a AA2.5 thingy still out there?
    I'm still waiting on ping limits in Official Servers. I know I'm reaching high lol
    edited February 2017
    your playing AA5. beta was AA4. Is there a AA2.5 thingy still out there?
    I'm still waiting on ping limits in Official Servers. I know I'm reaching high lol

AAO25.com

Let's be honest though. Playing a game on a engine that's like 16 years old (I know UE 2.5 is a few years newer, but it's still part of UE2) feels bad.
  • `xinoN`xinoN Posts: 359Player
    I didn't want to be that guy but someone has to post this video in here from time to time.

Who knows what's next? Maybe they're going mobile. America's Army Go!
    Oh well.
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 461Player
    Haven't seen that one. It's a fantastic video of the best AA had to offer. I'm glad AAPG wasn't a part of that video.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    Yea, I have to admit a non-multiplayer AA game would be really hard for me to get into. I play for the multiplayer aspect and the community. Though I do not remember a dev saying they did not have any plans on making another game?

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,518Player
    Maybe this is the way they will go with the next AA game.

gKQ6BB2.png
    Yea, I have to admit a non-multiplayer AA game would be really hard for me to get into. I play for the multiplayer aspect and the community. Though I do not remember a dev saying they did not have any plans on making another game?

It's in that quote above. At the time Tots said that they weren't sure whether the next AA game would be a Multiplayer FPS game since the Army is focusing less and less on infantry combat.
  • -R@MPAGE--R@MPAGE- Posts: 151Player
    `xinoN wrote: »
    I didn't want to be that guy but someone has to post this video in here from time to time.

Who knows what's next? Maybe they're going mobile. America's Army Go!

Well watching this video reminds me of how much of a trash game AAPG really is. While AA3 might have had its shortcomings, I think I may have liked that even better. Hot take? I know. I really hope the Devs don't give up on FPS games and make some stupid single player medic game or whatever Tots talked about. They could make a great Americas Army game, I just think that planning and testing needs to be done a little better. Easy to say from my perspective, I know but cmon.
    edited March 2017
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »
    Maybe this is the way they will go with the next AA game.

I used to love that show.

I'm sure the military still uses stuff like that for real training. I'm sure that's what the Dev team here spends a lot of time working on. Either way, a game for public consumption like that would be a waste of time. How much replayability is there in a real life training simulator that you aren't really training for?
  • -hyperlite--hyperlite- Posts: 104Player
    You guys sound like a bunch of whining comp players. Always there to drag everyone down!!
  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    Whiplash27 wrote: »

It's in that quote above. At the time Tots said that they weren't sure whether the next AA game would be a Multiplayer FPS game since the Army is focusing less and less on infantry combat.

Ah, yea, I remember that. I guess I blocked it from my memory. I wonder what other ideas they would have though...medical simulator? Flight simulator?

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 501Player
    You guys sound like a bunch of whining comp players. Always there to drag everyone down!!
    That's what I aspire to be, but I'm too bad.
  • [kT]Dominus[kT]Dominus Posts: 85Player
    I would willingly pay a full 60$ for this game if it meant it would have a development team similar to that of even Rocket League. No offense meant to the development team that is now, you guys are not as big as their studio afaik. But I do believe with Juggernaut you made a mistake in going the way you did with Opt-in. In fact, if I didn't join the comp scene, I would never have continue playing after the full release
  • Twitchr.Carbon8Twitchr.Carbon8 Posts: 337Player
    AA:PG as it exists today is the game. We will continue to fix bugs and add new content as we can, but core AA:PG will remain as is. That doesn't mean we won't try to keep the game fresh and fun, but what some of you are asking for in this thread simply isn't going to happen.

Has anything changed since the previous statement that there are no future America's Army games in production/pre-production?

Still waiting an answer..... but a non answer will lead to belief in aa5

41nvkwg1GCL._SY355_.jpg
  • =IK=Juggernaut=IK=Juggernaut Posts: 69Player

Still waiting an answer..... but a non answer will lead to belief in aa5

41nvkwg1GCL._SY355_.jpg

Do they have to keep telling you every 2 months that AA5 is not in development? ;-)
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,077Moderator
    AFAIK, AA5 is not in development.
    (there, thats done for this month)
    ss_4_frankof.png